Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigeon in trouble on balcony

• 29-09-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hello,

I live in a 7th floor, and a pigeon just appeared in my balcony.

At first I just heard some noise outside, so he might have flown into the window. He was simply standing extremely still, but eventually started trying to move, and doing so in weird patterns: twisting his neck, fluttering his wings, apparently trying to gain balance but just stumbling around.

Looking up online it seems like he might have a concussion (for all that an online diagnosis is worth...), but I'm unsure what to do.

Is there an animal rescue or veterinarian in the Dublin area (preferably city center) that will pick it up, or where it can be delivered?

So far the only thing I've done was placing water and some crumbled bread outside close to it, and a box so it could go inside if the weather gets worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

He just died :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Ah the poor pigeon. Well you did your best for it, even going online to seek advice. It could have been injured or ill before it ended up on your balcony.

Advertisement