Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Induction?

Options
  • 29-09-2013 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

I'm a Masters student, and am only attending UCD on Fridays, the rest of the week I'm based down in Limerick. I want to join the UCD gym, but I have to book in for some sort of induction in order to use it. The one only problem is inductions are only available on 7th,8th and 9th October,and I'm not in Dublin then. I am up in Dublin next week for work,and would like to go to some spinning classes in the evening.

I rang the gym, and they said that you can only book in for inductions on line.

I take it you can't use the gym without getting this induction? Can I use the gym pay as you go, without the induction? Any help would be mucho appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Nope, you have to do the stupid induction, it's only 5 mins long and a load of crappola.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Never did it last year and I was never stopped. No harm in just swiping your card and seeing if it lets you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

I didn't do it last year and no issue ever arose. It's a 5 minute presentation for insurance purposes. I didn't register for it online though so it may be different. Register for an induction knowing you can't make it I'd say, then try to get in next time you're up. If that doesn't work then just explain your situation to them.

Advertisement