Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club Championships

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not a bad game given the heavy conditions. Corofin lost in the first 15 minutes when they missed an absolute pile of chances. Not difficult ones either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Corofin out, were never going to do much anyway, neither will Castlebar for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

THFC wrote: »
    Corofin out, were never going to do much anyway, neither will Castlebar for that matter.

Yeah think Brigid's will win it out handy enough. They look in good form again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Yahoo absolutely delighted! Knew well Corofin had beaten nothing and were completely overhyped. Brigid's will win Connacht but still a lovely win!

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Awful descision!

Corofin forward touched it twice on the ground, and the referee gives a free in for touching it on the ground!

Absolutely farcical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Yahoo absolutely delighted! Knew well Corofin had beaten nothing and were completely overhyped. Brigid's will win Connacht but still a lovely win!

Can't imagine there were too many non-Corofin Galwegians hoping they would win today :P
    Yeah think Brigid's will win it out handy enough. They look in good form again this year.

Hard to see them being stopped until the AI series alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Dont think Corofin can have many complaints considering the number and nature of wides they kicked.

As others have said hard not to fancy Brigids to come out of Connacht.

Cillian O'Connor-esque by Ian Burke at the end, what was he at going for point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lomans leading 7 points to 6 (according to twitter!)

EDIT: 7 points to 7 now 12mins to go.

• Advertisement

9 points to 8 in Favour of Vincents in Mullingar 4 mins to go.

10 mins to go and Kilcoo lead Crossmaglen by 1-7 to 0-6

Crosmaglen draw level with Kilcoo 1-7 each

Vincents pulling away from Lomans 10 points to 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Bad match but the weather was rotten, hard to imagine brigids having too much trouble to win connacght now

Heslin reduces the deficit 10 points to 9 in Mullingar 1 minute to play.

EDIT Scrap that Vinnies hit back to go 2 points up an seal it.

EDIT 2:
    FT Mullingar: St. Lomans 0-9 St Vincent's 0-11
    FT: Crossmaglen 1-7 Kilcoo 1-7 (Extra time to be played)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Miltown 1-8.. Currow1-7.. Ft. Come on the town.

Kilcoo 3- 8 Crossmaglen 1-8

HT in Extra Time.

What can Cross muster up now?

EDIT: Stephan Kernan Red Card is all they have mustered up so far.

• Advertisement

Crossmaglens Paul McKeon gets a 2nd Yellow and is off.

3-9 to 1-8

EDIT: Final Score 3-10 to 1-8 Crossmaglen are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Sixmilebridge beat reigning Champions Newmarket in the Clare hurling final 1 10 to 0 11. They play Middleton next weekend in Munster semi.
    In the other semi Na Piarsigh beat Passage 0 20 to 3 09

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So its Youghal and Ballina in the Munster Intermediate Club Hurling final

Youghal beat Whitegate today in the replay

Youghal 1-16
    Whitegate 0-8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Are Vincents appealing Ger Brennans red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

So Crossmaglenn and Ballymun out..

Great chance for Brigids again or Crokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

How far can Moorefield go?

Big win in Wexford at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Munster club SFC semi-final HT: Dr Crokes 1-8 Loughmore-Castleiney 1-3

Loughmore-Castleiney down to 14 men 4 points between the sides Dr Crokes lead 1-9 to 1-5.

Two goals in as many mins Dr Crokes 3-9 Loughmore-Castleiney 1-5

Just put on Radio Kerry

Crokes up 3-12 to 1-5 now

FT: Dr Crokes 3-16 Loughmore-Castleiney 1-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

cratloe won the clare final today they play ballinacourty tomorrow in ennis if they win that it will set up one of the games of the year against crokes on the 1st of december

cratloe won the clare final today they play ballinacourty tomorrow in ennis if they win that it will set up one of the games of the year against crokes on the 1st of december

Two tough games of football in two days is a massive ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Cratloe first ever Clare title and should be allowed to celebrate it tonight. Why the rush when the Munster final isn't on for 2 weeks?

I find it really hard to see whoever wins tomorrow putting the Crokes under serious pressure, especially when you take into account Crokes beat Ballinacourty fairly handily 2 years ago.

Just checked the odds to win Munster on Paddypower currently

Crokes are 1/33
    Ballinacourty 14/1
    Cratloe 16/1

Obviously Crokes are in the final whereas the other two are not but still gives an idea of where the bookies have things.

I'm actually surprised the odds on Ballinacorty and Cratloe are so close for the match tomorrow given Cratloe had to play today.

• Advertisement

Cratloe first ever Clare title and should be allowed to celebrate it tonight. Why the rush when the Munster final isn't on for 2 weeks?

Clare county board screwed up with their scheduling.

The Clare v Waterford game was always scheduled for tomorrow.

The gap of a week means that there is a date for a replay of tomorrow's game if necessary.

If the Munster Council started postponing games every time county boards screwed up their scheduling, you would very quickly end up with club championship games being played sometime after Christmas.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I find it really hard to see whoever wins tomorrow putting the Crokes under serious pressure, especially when you take into account Crokes beat Ballinacourty fairly handily 2 years ago.

Just checked the odds to win Munster on Paddypower currently

Crokes are 1/33
    Ballinacourty 14/1
    Cratloe 16/1

Obviously Crokes are in the final whereas the other two are not but still gives an idea of where the bookies have things.

I'm actually surprised the odds on Ballinacorty and Cratloe are so close for the match tomorrow given Cratloe had to play today.

they have had 2 hard games in the last few years against kilmurry ibricane wining only by a few points each time , this cratloe team is miles better then any of them kilmurry teams,

its a big ask for them tomorrow but given the run of games sence the all ireland two games in two days will be nothing new to most of the cratloe lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Great win by Fuerty in the Connacht JFC final today. Good luck to Boyle in the Connacht IFC final and Tooreen in the Connacht IHC final tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Well done to Cratloe, and hope they can do it later today.

I think the Clare County Board will be a bit wiser next year,its pure madness,happened Whitegate earlier this month in Intermediate hurling and now Cratloe in the football having to play two games in two days.

But if they win today the fixture mess will be forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Great win by Cratloe, and Sixmilebridge through as well, Clare in both Munster club senior finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Longford Slashers leading portlaois by 6 points at halftime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Carlow champs mount Leinster rangers through to Leinster hurling final after beating ballyboden today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

KevIRL wrote: »
    Carlow champs mount Leinster rangers through to Leinster hurling final after beating ballyboden and the referee / GAA big team favouritism today

Fyp.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Cratloe - to win two tough games in two days is fair going.

Still think they will be up against it against Crokes.

As against that it will be 15 v 15 so who knows.

Current state of affairs in senior club football championship.

Cratloe v Dr Crokes

St Brigids v Castlebar

Ballinaderry v Glenswilly

Portlaoise/Moorefield v St Vincents/Summerfield

Munster play Connaught and Ulster play Leinster.

Lots of serious operations now we're getting down to the business end of affairs.

At the moment I'd be leaning towards Crokes v Brigids in one semi.

I'd fancy Portlaoise over Moorefield and St Vincents even with their absentees to handle Summerfield to set up a Portlaoise v St Vincents Leinster final.

Not too sure about Ballinaderry v Glenswilly. Would probably favour Ballinaderry a touch based on the fact that they beat Kilcoo with 13 men.

Some massive battles on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Fyp.

Congrats to MLR, no need for the add on's!!!

great wins for both clare teams today espicaly for cratloe who played there county final yesterday,to set up a final against crokes in two weeks time, the bridge will play na piarsaigh of limerick who are managed by sixmilebridge man sean stack next sunday

they have had 2 hard games in the last few years against kilmurry ibricane wining only by a few points each time , this cratloe team is miles better then any of them kilmurry teams

Why do you say Cratloe are better than any of the Kilmurry teams ? Is it a case of them having more football ability/mentally stronger/better balanced squad?

I thought the Kilmurry team were a fairly decent outfit when I saw them in Munster before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Why do you say Cratloe are better than any of the Kilmurry teams ? Is it a case of them having more football ability/mentally stronger/better balanced squad?

I thought the Kilmurry team were a fairly decent outfit when I saw them in Munster before.

I don't think they are better than any of the Kilmurry teams but ultimately they ran Crokes very close twice but they didn't beat them and neither will Cratloe

i reckon they are better because they have 6 deacent forwards that can think on there feet and not over relient on there free takers personaly i think they are much better but you have to realise 7 or 8 of these guys have all ireland hurling medels in there pockets so there level of fitness in much higher aswell

crokes will most likley win munster but i reckon these guys will put it up to them

• Advertisement

i reckon they are better because they have 6 deacent forwards that can think on there feet and not over relient on there free takers personaly i think they are much better but you have to realise 7 or 8 of these guys have all ireland hurling medels in there pockets so there level of fitness in much higher aswell

crokes will most likley win munster but i reckon these guys will put it up to them

Cheers - was thinking the fitness would be a plus. Don't know if it will be a factor versus Crokes though.

Not being over-reliant on one/two players is a massive plus for a team at this stage of affairs.

6 decent forwards is a plus but the problem with facing Crokes is that they have such a serious amount of quality throughout their team, especially in the forwards.

Fingers crossed for a decent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Fyp.

Ballyboden were awarded a penalty by the referee you are moaning about. They fluffed it and it ultimately cost them the game. Anyway, fair play to MLR. Another good night beckons in the village of Borris. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Congrats to my fellow scallion eaters :D:D:D

now lets finish the job :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Cratloe tbh are hard to judge. It's a hurling stronghold and a lot of it's club members look down on the sport as a big distraction to their hurlers. So with their current success I am hoping it will bring a new mindset to the sport locally. They are a good honest footballing side and their pace and fitness stands out above everything else. I'd imagine they have the ability to stretch and cause problem for Dr Crokes but the Kerry side's experience and class will more than likely see them through comfortably.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Duiske wrote: »
    Ballyboden were awarded a penalty by the referee you are moaning about. They fluffed it and it ultimately cost them the game. Anyway, fair play to MLR. Another good night beckons in the village of Borris. :)

You're not understanding my post I think. MLR had to beat Ballyboden AND the referee (who wanted to afford Ballyboden every opportunity to win) to make it through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement