Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are Toyota aventis any good ?

Options
  • 29-09-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

I am thinking I might buy a Toyota aventis, it's nine years old and some bumps on it. I was on donedeal so no test drive. Anything I should look out for for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

What's an Aventis? Never heard of one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Why would you pick what sounds like an average example. Loads of them about

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Newer model or older model as both were sold in 2003?

BTW the reliability of a 10 year old car can boil down to how it was minded over the years rather than by reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you search on donedeal for aventis you wont find as many

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Give the guy a break, he might have a lisp.

• Advertisement

Give the guy a break, he might have a lisp.

Not being funny, there are actually ads on donedeal where its spelt like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What about an Eventless???

Great car I have a MK1 Diesel for 18 months now and only done the brakes and belts on it over 20K miles..

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭raher1

toyota avensis strata then, bloody grammar freaks, loved to seen ye at school. Well not! So any ideas,worth a buy or what? It's a 1.6 petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

raher1 wrote: »
    toyota avensis strata then, bloody grammar freaks, loved to seen ye at school. Well not! So any ideas,worth a buy or what? It's a 1.6 petrol.
    If you can link the add you might get more informed opinion.

How do you link the ad?

• Advertisement

Strata is only the base model AFAIK, Luna is the nicer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Auld lad is on his 7th since 2000 and will be getting his 8th in July all going well even though he has been drawn to the new kia SUV thing/yoke

Interior is abit naff and its a pain to park but he loves it and always raves about its economy (driving my car the mpg almost makes him cry lol)

Definitely worth a look. These sold like hot cakes from 03 onwards so there are plenty good ones out there.
    Don't settle for a raggy one.

Get
    Platinum
    Stellar Blue
    Night Sky Black
    Light olive

Avoid
    Solar red
    Autumn Bronze
    Oasis green
    Arctic white
    Coral Red
    Truckermal wrote: »
    Strata is only the base model AFAIK, Luna is the nicer one.

Aura is the base model. Strata adds rear electric windows, alloys and fogs. Back in the day they cost €950 more. Strata is as high as you can go in 1.6
    Smallest engine on a luna is 1.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Owning Aventis Strata 4 years - only oil changes, filters and tyres, bulb here and bulb there.
    Never bother, fast and economical.
    Yes it is a very good car
    Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Check the guide in my sig. And its not grammar, its spelling. Though we are all here to help, sometimes we take things a little far. :)

Personally I'd be looking at other cars in that class as age bracket you're looking at is far enough away to consider many brands, to name a few: Honda Accords, Ford Mondeos, Mitsubishi Galants, BMW 3 series, Saab 93's are a steal from that generation as well and if you want to keep it cheap and economical there is always the bangernomics thread for more things of that vein. :D

barura wrote: »
    Check the guide in my sig. And its not grammar, its spelling. Though we are all here to help, sometimes we take things a little far. :)

Personally I'd be looking at other cars in that class as age bracket you're looking at is far enough away to consider many brands, to name a few: Honda Accords, Ford Mondeos, Mitsubishi Galants, BMW 3 series, Saab 93's are a steal from that generation as well and if you want to keep it cheap and economical there is always the bangernomics thread for more things of that vein. :D

Not a bother. Just looking to up the years. Bloody car is killing me.

Not a bother. Just looking to up the years. Bloody car is killing me.
    What's wrong with your almera? Also, moving up in the years may not help in all honesty. Dropping a few hundred and keeping it running could be a better idea...

My seat is rubbish,my back is gone. The motorway is not good for Almera engine. I like a change:)

Worth noting that the avensis seat isn't the best. The position is grand and there's good adjustment but no lumbar support.

My seat is rubbish,my back is gone. The motorway is not good for Almera engine. I like a change:)

A 1.6 avensis won't be much better then as it will be well up the rev counter at 120 and guzzling petrol. What about a Mazda 6? They are a good bit cheaper too albeit a 1.8 engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Worth noting that the avensis seat isn't the best. The position is grand and there's good adjustment but no lumbar support.
    The Avensis is a far more stable and a far more comfortable car compared to an almera though.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The Avensis is a far more stable and a far more comfortable car compared to an almera though.

Agreed, but if the OP has concerns over his back, the lack of lumbar support or tilt adjustment on the base is significant,

If you back is gone, I always liked the driving position in a Ford Fusion. Hey, here is one with NCT for 1450, could haggle down to 1200 at a push, I'm sure. :)http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-ford-fusion-new-nct-great-car/5732051

barura wrote: »
    If you back is gone, I always liked the driving position in a Ford Fusion. Hey, here is one with NCT for 1450, could haggle down to 1200 at a push, I'm sure. :)http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-ford-fusion-new-nct-great-car/5732051
    Nice car, 1. 4 aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

If you're tall and value your back you may look to the French

dgt wrote: »
    If you're tall and value your back you may look to the French

Buy second hand French, noooo! Very hard to find a decent French second hand car.

*grabs popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

03 avensis topping ould car. Have one 3 years now. Easy ran c40 mpg at normal driving about 25 mile commute plus other tipping about. Only spent on oil changed and brake discs and there is 120 k on it. Avoid 2001 early vvti models burn as much oil as petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Buy second hand French, noooo! Very hard to find a decent French second hand car.

Sure about that? They are out there but most people are just too damned lazy to go out and find a decent example. It's your call to dismiss my suggestion, not my back afterall

*Jumps into super comfy French car and drives off with no back pains

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Sure about that? They are out there but most people are just too damned lazy to go out and find a decent example. It's your call to dismiss my suggestion, not my back afterall

*Jumps into super comfy French car and drives off with no back pains

Name a few cars then? It's common knowledge French cars are soft.

Advertisement