Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurler of the year?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Shane Lowry

Shane_Lowry_Irish_sport_3.jpg?format=300w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Shane Lowry

Shane_Lowry_Irish_sport_3.jpg?format=300w

Certainly comes from good GAA stock!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

David McInerney had a brilliant year at full back, but letting in 6 goals in 2 games means that no-one from the full back line will get it.
    Bugler and Donnellan both had brilliant years, but the Clare half back line disappeared against Cork in Limerick.
    Conor Ryan was brilliant in both finals.
    Tony Kelly was consistent all year, but I thought he disappeared a bit for chunks of the time in both finals, again, against Cork in Limerick he disappeared (although he was marked out of it).
    Podge Collins was great all year, but was marked out of the final.

For me, the most consistent Clare hurler was Colin Ryan, top scorer in the championship, almost flawless on frees and was a target man in the replay, I don't think he'll get an All Star though. If Ryan doesn't get it I'd say Kelly will get it with Podge getting Young Hurler, if Kelly doesn't get the main award he'll get the Young Hurler Award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Tony Kelly will win this, he is 1-10 with the bookies to pick up the award. The guy is technically perfect and can score from both sides.

Hard to argue with Kelly but Bugler really had a great season as well. When Clare needed a lift the sight of him grabbing the ball in the air and driving out from defense was inspiring stuff to both the team and the fans.

Nash was a runner for this up to final but letting in 5 goals surely has done his chances in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Warper wrote: »
    Tony Kelly will win this, he is 1-10 with the bookies to pick up the award. The guy is technically perfect and can score from both sides.

Hard to argue with Kelly but Bugler really had a great season as well. When Clare needed a lift the sight of him grabbing the ball in the air and driving out from defense was inspiring stuff to both the team and the fans.

Nash was a runner for this up to final but letting in 5 goals surely has done his chances in.

From 8 to 15 to 50 to 1 nash is.

Still sum going two all stars in hes ist two years,and hard to c anyone coming close to him next year.Maybee quaid, and Egan of tipp if he gets game time will rattle him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Egan of tipp if he gets game time will rattle him.

Who!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

From 8 to 15 to 50 to 1 nash is.

Still sum going two all stars in hes ist two years,and hard to c anyone coming close to him next year.Maybee quaid, and Egan of tipp if he gets game time will rattle him.

Translate please:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

From Cork , but that number 5 from Clare ( Butler i think ) i thought was absolutely awesome in the 2 games against Cork .

Pulling the ball out of the air while hurleys swinging left right and centre , brave lad.

For me HE was the stand-out player in the 2 games , don't know how he is over the year , but as an amateur my god what a player , put many professionals to shame !

Stargate

Edit : from Cork so have to mention Nash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Stargate wrote: »
    From Cork , but that number 5 from Clare ( Butler i think ) i thought was absolutely awesome in the 2 games against Cork .

Pulling the ball out of the air while hurleys swinging left right and centre , brave lad.

For me HE was the stand-out player in the 2 games , don't know how he is over the year , but as an amateur my god what a player , put many professionals to shame !

Stagate

That would be bugs (Brendan Bugler) he of the accordion playing in the dressing room fame
    He's a class act alright but I still think Kelly will take the award

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

angelfire9 wrote: »
    That would be bugs (Brendan Bugler) he of the accordion playing in the dressing room fame
    He's a class act alright but I still think Kelly will take the award

ah right , Brendan Bugler , sorry i got his name wrong ,Thanks for that .]

Great Great player !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Egan of tipp if he gets game time will rattle him.
    Who!?

Daragh Egan Kildangan, goalkeeper with the Tipp intermediates this year, was part of the panel in 2010 as an outfield player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The Nash hype is unreal. Yes he has a massive puc of a ball. Yes he is a major weapon from inside 30 yards and further out for points but his primary duty is a goalkeeper. 5 went past him on Saturday, he didn't even get close to them bar Honan's with whom he collided.

Apart from that he was solid in goal all year and definitely the best keeper for 2 seasons but hurler of the year for a few cameos as a free taker!?

In that case Colin Ryan with 70 points would be in the shake-up and he clearly isn't.

Harnedy was excellent for Cork as was Pat Horgan. Both of them would deserve it if a Clareman doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Player of the year for me is Tony Kelly, but id be happy with Pat Donnellan either.

Young player of the year is Podge Collins or Tony Kelly (depends on what happens with POTY).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Daragh Egan Kildangan, goalkeeper with the Tipp intermediates this year, was part of the panel in 2010 as an outfield player.

Yeah I had a feeling he was hinting at him.

Advertisement