Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Bug

Options
  • 29-09-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using chrome on widows 8 and when I click the post button, or in this case the "submit new thread" button instead of posting, it jumps to the top of the page but then the second time I click it, it works.

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

I tried using Internet explorer then also, that is just so slow on all the sites I tried. An awful browser.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is it just me experiencing this!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Works fine for me. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8 too. I'm using Version 29.0.1547.76 m

Any idea on what it could be on my end?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I'm not a developer but have you tried the usual things, i.e. clearing the browser cache, logging out of boards.ie and then back in again?

Something else you could try doing is disabling each browser add-on and extension one by one and seeing if the problem still exists. If the problem stops ocurring after a certain add-on is disabled then you've found a cause. No idea why that would happen but it's worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We're firing up a new Windows 8 machine here in the office, will be able to take a better look into this today / tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Awesome :)
    Did you guys find anything?

Cheers for the advice, I'll try clearing the cache. I have no add ons though. It's a new laptop (Zenbook Prime) and it's great but this is the only flaw I've found so far using Chrome anyway.

Actually I'm having lots of problems with Chrome on this laptop so it's probably not a boards issue.

Test

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement