Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst customer service ever!!!

Options
  • 29-09-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Is it just me or does anyone else find the eircom customer service awful?! I've been trying to get broadband into our house for over a month now and they've been useless!!

I first rang to order the efibre on the 18th August. The sales person told me to just get the normal broadband first (as that would be up and running in two weeks) and then order the upgrade to efibre.

After two weeks I heard nothing so I rang them again. They had no record of my order at all!! So I placed another order this time for efibre and I was told someone would be out to install it on the 10th September. However later on that day I got a call to change the date to the 19th September. I also received a letter and a text message to confirm the date of the 19th...

So I took the 19th off work and I stayed at home all day waiting for eircom to arrive! By 4:30pm no one had arrived so I called eircom again. This time I was told that on their system my installation date is the 7th October!!!! I asked to speak to a manager to be told I couldn't but they would send an email to the manager about my problem and get him to ring me within 24hours.... I never got a call back!

I also sent a complaint via email... That has also been ignored!

Has anyone else had problems like this with eircom?? Just using my phone for Internet access is driving me mad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

JenJen123 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else find the eircom customer service awful?! I've been trying to get broadband into our house for over a month now and they've been useless!!

I first rang to order the efibre on the 18th August. The sales person told me to just get the normal broadband first (as that would be up and running in two weeks) and then order the upgrade to efibre.

After two weeks I heard nothing so I rang them again. They had no record of my order at all!! So I placed another order this time for efibre and I was told someone would be out to install it on the 10th September. However later on that day I got a call to change the date to the 19th September. I also received a letter and a text message to confirm the date of the 19th...

So I took the 19th off work and I stayed at home all day waiting for eircom to arrive! By 4:30pm no one had arrived so I called eircom again. This time I was told that on their system my installation date is the 7th October!!!! I asked to speak to a manager to be told I couldn't but they would send an email to the manager about my problem and get him to ring me within 24hours.... I never got a call back!

Has anyone else had problems like this with eircom?? Just using my phone for Internet access is driving me mad!
    Same thing as you 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JenJen123

dave1982 wrote: »
    Same thing as you 

I'm starting to look at other providers! In comparison we rang UPC to put it my mother in laws house and they were out within 2 days. Fantastic service!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sounds about right, it is a complete joke.

The no record of the call has happened to me a couple of times as well, so frustrating. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi JenJen123

I have sent you a PM on this matter,

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan

I have no PM from you....

• Advertisement

Still no PM..... Another example of great customer service from eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

eircom operates a customer service guarantee. The service guarantee states that where eircom does not meet targets in relation to installation and fault repair customers may be entitled to a rebate as follows: Installation: if eircom fails to install a line within 10 working days of eircom agreement to do so the customer can claim a credit of two months free line rental. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.ulibJcuL.dpuf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Apologies about this JenJen123

Please PM me your account details and I'll get back to you this morning.

Thanks

Al

Chris___ wrote: »
    eircom operates a customer service guarantee. The service guarantee states that where eircom does not meet targets in relation to installation and fault repair customers may be entitled to a rebate as follows: Installation: if eircom fails to install a line within 10 working days of eircom agreement to do so the customer can claim a credit of two months free line rental. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.ulibJcuL.dpuf

Thanks for that Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Chris___ wrote: »
    Can a eircom rep confirm this?

• Advertisement

Just been given a new installation date of the 31st October!!!!! First rang looking for broadband on the 18th AUGUST!!!! This company is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Just been given a new installation date of the 31st October!!!!! First rang looking for broadband on the 18th AUGUST!!!! This company is a joke!
    Be sure to ask for your rebate of two months free line rental 

So finally got Internet installed today!!!! After a two and a half months wait!!! And it's not working!!!!!! Eircom is the biggest joke of a company I've ever come across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

So finally got Internet installed today!!!! After a two and a half months wait!!! And it's not working!!!!!! Eircom is the biggest joke of a company I've ever come across
    Hi JenJen123

I see you did not have the account details to hand when you PM'd us on the 3/10/13

Can you send on the telephone number so we can chase this up with technical support.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement