Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next EPL Manager to get the chop?

• 29-09-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Some teams with noticeably bad starts to the season. With Di Canio gone who do people think will be next?

Hughton did himself a big favour today. Jol could be in trouble too and thats a pity as I really like him as a manager. How about any big names? Moyes must be under pressure already given the transfer window and his seemingly poor ability to deal with the press all of a sudden. Pellegrini also not off to the best start.

My money is on Moyes. Just dont think the players are fighting for him and the fans arent going to put him with him if the poor results continue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jol or Hughes for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Creative way of making an "Are Moyes and United done?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

There is 5-6 names in with a squeak.

Holloway could go. Dont think he deserves to but he could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Moyes is easily the manager who is performing miles below his target line. Most of the smaller teams are doing very well or they are were they expected to be. I can see Moyes getting more time though, a lose next week would be huge though. Hid performance in the CL will be very important as well, that might just save him for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would say Pellegrini. Don't like Bayern Munich, but they will pump Man City :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Definitely think Jol will be following the Michael Jackson statue out of Fulham fairly soon. Moyes is obviously performing poorly but I think he'll be given time. At least till after the CL group stages. Any talk of pellegrini going is ridiculous. They've lost a couple of poor games but they are playing some very nice football and just beat United 4-1! That's got to buy you a few months as city manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Creative way of making an "Are Moyes and United done?"

He has an excuse though....he's from the Spurs forum. They normally don't venture in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

New owners and poor form means Martin Jol looks a cert to go next.
    Some rumours about Houghton was under pressure but a win today may have taken pressure off for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah jol is certainly a good shout, such an average ageing team thats going nowhere really. Need a fresh start there me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Jesus, three threads in one day here suggesting Moyes will be sacked soon.

Very funny.

• Advertisement

Not a chance it'll be Moyes unless Utd went on a 6 or 7 game losing streak.

Hughton was supposedly under big pressure before today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd go for Jol too.

Moyes won't be getting the bullet any time soon, If anyone knows the importance of longevity it's United. He'd need to make an absolute dogs dinner of the season before he'll be sacked I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Do we have to call it the EPL...

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jol definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yep, it has to be Jol for me. He's a dead man walking. They do have three nice fixtures coming up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Odds not in order but you get the gist. Jol hot fav anyway

M Jol 4/7
    J Mourinho 40/1
    A Wenger 66/1
    C Hughton 6/1
    M Laudrup 40/1
    S Bruce 66/1
    A Pardew 9/1
    Next Permanent Sunderland Manager 50/1
    A Villas Boas 66/1
    I Holloway 11/1
    S Clarke 50/1
    B Rodgers 66/1
    S Allardyce 16/1
    M Mackay 50/1
    R Martinez 66/1
    D Moyes 16/1
    M Pellegrini 50/1
    M Pochettino 80/1
    M Hughes 25/1
    P Lambert 50/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I think 'Big Sam' should be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The next manager who will be getting sacked could be Mark Hughes .

Next permanent Sunderland manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

pardew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

For those thinking Moyes is going to get the sack next, what are you smoking?

As much as I'd love to see Moyes get the boot, I can honestly say, its not going to happen any time soon.

He has taken over prehaps one of the greatest teams in European History, the greatest team of its generation, and has taken over from one of the greatest managers to have looked after a British side. I'd say the board will give him a little time.

This coming from a Liverpool Fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mint Sauce wrote: »

As much as I'd love to see Moyes get the boot, I can honestly say, its not going to happen any time soon.

He has taken over prehaps one of the greatest teams in European History, the greatest team of its generation, and has taken over from one of the greatest managers to have looked after a British side. I'd say the board will give him a little time.

markey_mark_wtf.gif?w=477&h=252

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

jaykay74 wrote: »
    M Hughes 25/1
    P Lambert 50/1

25s for Sparky I'll have some of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Wait, who says that this Man Utd side is one of the best of this generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Jol, although I like him, he's under big pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd be flabbergasted if it wasn't Martin Jol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd be flabbergasted if it wasn't Martin Jol.

I like flabbergasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

FearDark wrote: »
    Do we have to call it the EPL...

FFS.

Sorry Mr Coyle, BPL ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You would have to feel for the Fulham owner at the moment. His NFL team (Jacksonville) are the Derby County 2007-8 team of the NFL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Jol or Holloway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You would have to feel for the Fulham owner at the moment. His NFL team (Jacksonville) are the Derby County 2007-8 team of the NFL.

He won't care much as they're going to end up finally getting a good quarterback next season because of it. It's worth one more year of pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

razorblunt wrote: »
    25s for Sparky I'll have some of that!

Stoke must have been brutal today , he was doing well up until today - Jol or Big sam for me - but Jol favourite for me

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Who was the last EPL manager to pick up GTA V :confused:

Surprised so many are saying Hughes, thought he was going okay. Stoke seemed to be playing a bit of football for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

After last weeks defeat to Hull and another tough game again tomorrow, and just the way Newcastle seem to self implode at times I think Pardew is the one that offers most value.

No doubt Jol is under pressure though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

razorblunt wrote: »
    Jol or Hughes for me.

dafuq

Surprised so many are saying Hughes, thought he was going okay. Stoke seemed to be playing a bit of football for once

Looking back, its just one poster Im almost certain. I would wager he doesn't particularly like Hughes either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

kryogen wrote: »
    Looking back, its just one poster Im almost certain. I would wager he doesn't particularly like Hughes either!

Well in fairness Hughes has got a past of being sacked by clubs so it could very easily be him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Moyes getting the chop? Wtf is the world coming to. Outside the fact that he has a six year contract and the backing of a majority of figures inside OT,including the ex gaffer there is no way he will be fired this season let alone the next to go.
    There'll be plenty in the media trying to unsettle things and no doubrlt plenty fans lapping it up mind.

Well in fairness Hughes has got a past of being sacked by clubs so it could very easily be him .

He has just been hired!

He is doing fine too!

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    He has just been hired!

He is doing fine too!

7 points from 6 games having played Liverpool, Arsenal and City already is not a bad record at all. I don't like Mark Hughes, but goddamit I respect him!

7 points from 6 games having played Liverpool, Arsenal and City already is not a bad record at all. I don't like Mark Hughes, but goddamit I respect him!

Any excuse

anchor-man-gifs-1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LOL at people saying Moyes, Utd arent Chelsea they wont sack moyes in the next few weeks.

I reckon its going to be between Pardew and Jol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Should be Moyes, but won't.

I dont get this...........
    why should it be Moyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

kippy wrote: »
    I dont get this...........
    why should it be Moyes?

because he's a City fan and wants to see them become a laughing stock.

SlickRic wrote: »
    because he's a City fan and wants to see them become a laughing stock.

Ah, fair enough.

No need to go down the city/chelsea road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There is more candidates better suited to be sacked then Moyes, this isnt January and Utd arent out of any title race with 6 games gone ffs.

If Utd are outside the top 4 in 3/4 months time and I'd doubt they will be, then you can ask questions of Moyes but its to early to be talking of sackings right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

jaykay74 wrote: »

M Jol 4/7
    J Mourinho 40/1
    A Wenger 66/1
    C Hughton 6/1
    M Laudrup 40/1
    S Bruce 66/1
    A Pardew 9/1
    Next Permanent Sunderland Manager 50/1
    A Villas Boas 66/1
    I Holloway 11/1
    S Clarke 50/1
    B Rodgers 66/1
    S Allardyce 16/1
    M Mackay 50/1
    R Martinez 66/1
    D Moyes 16/1
    M Pellegrini 50/1
    M Pochettino 80/1
    M Hughes 25/1
    P Lambert 50/1

I'd say Ian Holloway is a good bet , but since they are bottom the only way is up for Palace , maybe under a new manager .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why would a rival want to see Moyes sacked and possibly Fergie coming back in the interim? Wouldn't you prefer they stuck with him and they hovered around mid table for most the season?

He's not a good enough manager for united, he lacks a winners mentality, he plays negative football, ask Everton fans. He away record to the Top 4 in 11 years is appalling. He's akin to a Roy Hodgson albeit a bit better. Its very easy to manage a club like Everton's expectations but United is on a whole other planet. He will be given time but not fergie time, its a global brand and another bad week of results will put more pressure on him.

I would like to see him given the time to succeed but united fans would want a serious dose of reality, ye will never repeat the domination fergie brought. Its the end of era much like when Dalglish stepped down all those years ago.

Too many average over the hill players in your squad doesn't help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement