Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next EPL Manager to get the chop?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Playboy wrote: »
    Some teams with noticeably bad starts to the season. With Di Canio gone who do people think will be next?

Hughton did himself a big favour today. Jol could be in trouble too and thats a pity as I really like him as a manager. How about any big names? Moyes must be under pressure already given the transfer window and his seemingly poor ability to deal with the press all of a sudden. Pellegrini also not off to the best start.

My money is on Moyes. Just dont think the players are fighting for him and the fans arent going to put him with him if the poor results continue.

Well your money is lost if you think that

Remember Alex Ferguson is still very much involved upstairs at Utd, and remember that Moyes is his man.
    And Alex should know more than anyone else the value of giving a manager time.

So I don't think Moyes is going anywhere before the end of this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Should be Moyes, but won't.

Post kinda sucks balls

ps, Manchester United are not the circus act that Manchester City are. No matter how much you would like it to be so.

I take it you want shot of Pellegrini too though given his awful defeats after the money he spent. Sure he has had loads of time in the job, definitely enough time to judge

GavRedKing wrote: »
    LOL at people saying Moyes, Utd arent Chelsea they wont sack moyes in the next few weeks.

I reckon its going to be between Pardew and Jol.

I would like to have a bet on Jol, but Newcastle are so unpredictable its stopping me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hughton at 6/1 looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I would say that Jol is odds on to be next for the chop. He may go if they lose badly to Stoke, he will go if they lose to Crystal Palace.

All this talk about Moyes is premature, he has an aging squad and has changed all of the back room staff of course its going to take time to get things working right. Remember how long it took Ferguson to get going.

8-10 wrote: »

I really hope he is given more time. Jol looks the obvious one, aging team, not really going anywhere, new owner etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Definitely Jol, watching Fulham's highlights these days...well there are none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

kryogen wrote: »
    I would like to have a bet on Jol, but Newcastle are so unpredictable its stopping me

Everton is a really tricky place to get anything so I'd nearly write off Pardews chances of points tonight.

Even if they lose they'll have 7 points and be equal with teams all the way up to something like 12-13th.

Although looking at their fixtures theyve a tough next 6 after Everton.

Cardiff - A
    Liverpool - H
    Sunderland - A
    Chelsea - H
    Spurs - A
    Norwich - H

They'll look at the Cardiff, Sunderland and Norwich games for wins but if Pardew doesnt take points from these games,especiall ythe Tyne-Wear derby he'll be in hot water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kryogen wrote: »
    I really hope he is given more time. Jol looks the obvious one, aging team, not really going anywhere, new owner etc

Yep agree, I just mean in terms of value I could easily see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

8-10 wrote: »

Team it up with Hughton to be next Ireland boss at 25/1. Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Surprised to see pelligrini at 50/1 considering city ,having spent crazy money again this season, have already lost in 2 games that would be considered bankers. Another loss and maybe a hammering from bayern could change things for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Emmm Pardew :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

racso1975 wrote: »
    Emmm Pardew :o

If only :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I hope it's Holloway, I can't stand his rants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I hope it's Holloway, I can't stand his rants.

Ah I think they're entertaining.

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Ah I think they're entertaining.

The got old, really really quickly. While he was with Blackpool actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll be Jol next for the chop. Their home record is just killing them. Stoke at home next Saturday is a MUST win.

Advertisement