Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iskanders jalapenos?

Options
  • 29-09-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Recently, a friend of mine bought a kebab in Iskanders of Dame St. When he sat down beside me, he opened a tub full of peppers. I'm assuming they were jalapenos. They were fairly big, but pale green.

Anyone know what they are and how they're prepared? They were crunchy and warm, kinda like the pepper that used to come with a pizza (single and in the pizza box) from Papa Johns.

My wife came home with a bag full of peppers from a girl she works with, who grows them. Looks like it's chili meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Peperoncini maybe?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peperoncini

If those are the ones you're after you'll get jars of them in Turkish & Middle Eastern shops in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

That looks like them all right. There's a foreign food shop here in Navan, a Nigerian friend of mine buys his chilis in. Have to check it out. Thanks.

I think I may have to keep a few empty jars and pickle some of my jalapenos. Shouldn't be too hard. :)

Btw, I found more photos of them when I searched for pepperoncini.

Advertisement