Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beacon in Sandyford

Options
  • 29-09-2013 9:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭

Any residents or former residents post on here?

How do/did you find it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The shopping centre you mean?

Lots of empty Tiger era furniture shops, an overpriced Dunnes and poor parking setup. Sure there's plenty of spaces but getting in and out of the place can be a nightmare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    The shopping centre you mean?

Lots of empty Tiger era furniture shops, an overpriced Dunnes and poor parking setup. Sure there's plenty of spaces but getting in and out of the place can be a nightmare.

Actually find dunnes quite cheap, always some really good deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I thought the centre was in receivership with Mazars? Beacon

Its parking areas are becoming tatty and of the two lifts beside SOUL they often seem to turn one off. The parking staff are only there three days a week, so the courtyard parking is frequently full of cars belonging to staff from various shops and the gym or so I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think the OP is probably asking about the apartments (The Cubes, The Edges, etc.) since they are asking residents for their opinion. I live in a block nearby but not the Beacon itself so I can tell you that the general area is grand, been living there for a few years and it's steadily improved over time. It used to be really dead at weekends, but now there are a few more restaurants etc. around and it's a bit nicer. The apartments there seem nice too, but some of them only have views of other apartments, they are a bit too close together.

I don't think the shopping centre is that bad. It's mostly (overpriced) furniture shops, but the Dunnes isn't bad and there are a few cafes in the courtyard behind the shops as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

miezekatze wrote: »
    I think the OP is probably asking about the apartments (The Cubes, The Edges, etc.) since they are asking residents for their opinion. I live in a block nearby but not the Beacon itself so I can tell you that the general area is grand, been living there for a few years and it's steadily improved over time. It used to be really dead at weekends, but now there are a few more restaurants etc. around and it's a bit nicer. The apartments there seem nice too, but some of them only have views of other apartments, they are a bit too close together.

I don't think the shopping centre is that bad. It's mostly (overpriced) furniture shops, but the Dunnes isn't bad and there are a few cafes in the courtyard behind the shops as well.

Thanks for your reply :)

I gree about there being a bit more atmosphere at the weekends, although I still think it could do with a few more pubs and restaurants, that new Copper Bar thats opened hasn't got the most pleasant of staff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Celtic What?

agree about the staff in the Copper Bar.
    I just go in for a pint in passing, but staff aren't pleasant.

I spend a lot of my time now in the west, but its unfortunate when I am home that its not as it should be.

Advertisement