Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Player 11 update

Options
  • 29-09-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

win 7 os,

Avast keeps giving me reminder that this needs updating.

I updated it last week choosing option, 'for other browsers' as I use FF not IE..... but avast is still telling me flash needs updating.

Should I update it for IE to keep it happy:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Have all windows updates up to date, and flashplayer plugin and youtube works one day but not the next... despite what avast software updater says, in the screenshot despite having updated it many times which seemed successful but never acknowledged in avast software updater.

How do I get youtube back for good:) using FF v24

Does Shockwave ever need updating I never get any request for that or is it pretty stable.

Flkashplayeractivex_zpse5ba9f69.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Uninstall Flashplayer, use their uninstall utility.

Then download the latest verion here. You'll need the ActiveX version for IE, the plugin for all other browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's alerting you about Flash for IE (ActiveX) which you don't use - click "Ignore Program" as the Flash Player Plugin is up to date for Firefox.

advertsfox wrote: »
    It's alerting you about Flash for IE (ActiveX) which you don't use - click "Ignore Program" as the Flash Player Plugin is up to date for Firefox.

ok cheers but youtube for me is so unreliable its a pain, so I'm going to give Torquay's suggestion a go and see if that makes it more reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

If you use Firefox check out some of the HTML5 plug ins or extensions (YouTube ALL HTML5 2.0.0). I added it to mine, disabled Flash and almost all YouTube works faultlessly. (lets say I've yet to come across one that won't work) No need to rely on Flash any more.

• Advertisement

excollier wrote: »
    If you use Firefox check out some of the HTML5 plug ins or extensions (YouTube ALL HTML5 2.0.0). I added it to mine, disabled Flash and almost all YouTube works faultlessly. (lets say I've yet to come across one that won't work) No need to rely on Flash any more.

After trying everything else, I've just done this and its working a treat hope it solves the problem long term, cheers mate.:)

Do I need flashplayer for anything else, if not I'll dump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

flash player 11 sucks so buggy...horrible buffering issues. as advised get the ff plugin for youtube

Advertisement