Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGo-T Starting to die, what next?

Options
  • 29-09-2013 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

So my Ego-T is starting to die on me, don't really get much of a draw from it any more. I'll spend the night puffing on it and probably still need to hit an analogue as it's just not doing the job. It wasn't always like this, so I reckon it's had it's day.

What should I go with next? Should I replace some parts on it, or would I be better off getting a new unit in altogether. Any input is appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

How old is it? You're probably better off getting a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I bought it back in May. As it stands I've 3 batteries (which actually haven't lost that much longevity) and two atomisers, which just don't seem to cut the mustard any more.

I've no problem replacing everything with something newer, but what should I go for?

It should last more than 4 or 5 months tbh.
    As for what to go for next, I suppose it depends on what your after, size, looks, power, etc.
    Most people seem to go for the kanger twist kit from e- smokeireland or if you want something bigger then maybe a vamo, some caromizers and an agr tank.
    There is so much to choose from its hard to know.
    Sorry, cant do links on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Have you been using the same atties the whole time?
    If so you just need to buy a new atty like a clearo or a carto.
    Atty coils aren't really made to last more than a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »

Oh yeah, was just thinkin about the battery, doh....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I probably shouldn't have butted in, people should upgrade to VV as soon as they can IMO (although many many mech heads have a hard-on for voltage sagging - seriously, some people list it as a benefit :confused: "Woohoo, my battery's only lost half it's capacity but I need to recharge again!!! Great!").

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I probably shouldn't have butted in, people should upgrade to VV as soon as they can IMO (although many many mech heads have a hard-on for voltage sagging - seriously, some people list it as a benefit :confused: "Woohoo, my battery's only lost half it's capacity but I need to recharge again!!! Great!").

Interesting juxtaposition !

I kinda like unregulated batterys now, used to hate the drop off but now I see it as a notification that I need to be near the next battery. The last hour using an unregulated is pity-full but the awesomeness of the first hour makes up for it.
    Vaping masochism, it's the new thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Yeah I didn't know you had to replace them... ooops!

So I've been looking around at clearomisers and cartomisers. Quick question:

-Are cartomisers basically at atomiser and tank rolled into the one unit?

- What about clearomisers - they seem to be just the tank, I'd need an atomiser to go with one of those too, right?

- Clearomisers seem to be a bit more expensive, I persume they can be used for a while before needing replacement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Clearomisers are all in one, the only thing you replace is the heating coil.

A typical clearo like an Evod is €5 and the head is €2. Each head will last a week but can be dry burned/rebuilt to extend the life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement