Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jaguar XJ6 Restoration (Kilkenny area)

Options
  • 29-09-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I have a 1973 Jaguar XJ6 that needs some mechanical and restoration work. The car is in good nick over all except.
    - one of the petrol tanks is blocked up/unuseable.
    - it's leaking a bit of petrol from the engine somewhere.
    - Overall I'd like to get it running well
    - interior it needs cabin work and possibly a new back seat and carpets.
    - asthmatically there is some chrome and few bits that I would like looking good.

This is a car that has some family value but won't ever be a classic or have a high value so I don't want to have to pay a lot for the restoration but I can negotiate this with who ever is doing the work. There is no rush to do the work either.

I'm located in Kilkenny but if I could find a trustworthy dealer relatively close by I'd be willing to leave it with them for how ever long it takes.

Any suggestions or reviews of people would be very welcome!

Comments

Advertisement