Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel From USA

Options
  • 29-09-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Im sure this has been asked 1000 times here:D

I was looking to buy a piece of audio equipment from someone on another forum I post on. Now hes not a retailer or anything,he bought the item a few months ago but is looking to sell it on as hes not got any use for it.. Its all pretty much in the original boxing etc and barely been used.. Do you guys think customs would seize it thinking it was purchased from a retailer or would they let it through do you think?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

It doesn't really matter if you buy it from a retailer or a single individual who is selling an item he doesn't use anymore, you should expect to pay around 33% customs duty/vat and possibly an additional fee for whoever delivers the item to you. Last time I used anpost it was €6 and I think it was €15 with UPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

donna 182 wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter if you buy it from a retailer or a single individual who is selling an item he doesn't use anymore, you should expect to pay around 33% customs duty/vat and possibly an additional fee for whoever delivers the item to you. Last time I used anpost it was €6 and I think it was €15 with UPS

There wouldn't be duty owed on on it just the vat of 23%.

You can calculate it here OP: http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Limericks wrote: »
    There wouldn't be duty owed on on it just the vat of 23%.

You can calculate it here OP: http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Cheers, I actually managed to find the same item at a good price in europe..so all good now,thanks for the replies folks!

Advertisement