Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book on Tipperary History?

Options
  • 30-09-2013 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I need help with buying a gift.
    Can anyone recommend any good books that give some of the history of Tipperary? The book does not have to deal with any time period in particular.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

tuxy wrote: »
    Hi, I need help with buying a gift.
    Can anyone recommend any good books that give some of the history of Tipperary? The book does not have to deal with any time period in particular.

David Butler has a good one on South Tipp from around the 1500's onwards. I think he is a Cahir man working in the History department of UCC or UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Patrick C. Power - History of South Tipperary from 1989 is very good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kilnamanagh

You can purchase some of the annual Tipperary Historical Society Journals online at http://www.tipperarylibraries.ie/ths/journals.htm

They are €20 each. Click on the year to the left to see what was published in that particular journal, they might not be the most exciting publications but the essays are of a very high standard and cover a pretty broad subject matter.

There are lots of articles available on the Society's website for free from the journals that are out of publication so you could look up one of those to give you an idea as to whether or not it would be a suitable gift.

Advertisement