Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

does flight radar pickup any emergency service aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

timwynne wrote: »
    does flight radar pickup any emergency service aircraft?

Marinetraffic.com shows the Coast Guard helicopters!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

anything interesting going on at the mo that a newbie like me should observe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I believe there may be a Monarch taking off from Leeds Bradford in the next hour bound for Florida. Part of Ant and Dec's ITV show jetting off a load of competition winners. Doubt this is too interesting aviation wise though :p

http://blog.monarch.co.uk/saturday-night-takeaway-plane-win-a-trip-to-florida/

Oh and the take off will be shown live on ITV / UTV apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I saw that too. Only for their competition winners though so why would it. Definitely happening :P Is this the furthest a Monarch plane has been with pax?

Well you learn something new every day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »
    Well you learn something new every day :o

Here's a list of their destinations dude

http://www.monarch.co.uk/destinations

They also charter for Thomas Cook, so can get the odd different one thrown on

billie1b wrote: »
    Here's a list of their destinations dude

http://www.monarch.co.uk/destinations

They also charter for Thomas Cook, so can get the odd different one thrown on

Thanks guys

Definitely didn't know they got to the US mainland

Take off on ITV / UTV now

http://www.flightradar24.com/MON9265/30c7953

The bit on TV included takeoff clearance at LBA will try and get a clip later

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It was tough looking away from the Ulster game but I did it!

And yeah Monarch does some medium-long haul flights.

Monarch Ant & Dec video. Go to approx 2:24 onwards for take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

For those with FR24 Premium Radar, I've created two waypoint files for EICK and EINN which include VORs, for both to function properly I recommend you upload both which you can do by hitting ''Choose Files'' followed by ''Upload'' on FR24's Radar app.

After downloading please change the file extension from .txt to .wpt for you to be able to upload to FR24. If you wish to delete some of the waypoints which aren't used much (or at all) you can simply delete the line and save before changing the extension from .txt to .wpt. I also recommend downloading IRLConor's waypoint file for EIDW which is available here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89775278&postcount=3209.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

davo2001 wrote: »
    Who would this guy be? Seems to originate from Israel

Just catching-up with the thread; that was Gulfstream 5 N802AG of Altria.

That's the holding-company for some tobacco companies including Philip Morris.

If you check-out the livery for N802AG it is in Marlboro red and white, but otherwise very inconspicuous.

Edit: in February Altria acquired e-cigarette company Green Smoke, which has facilities in Israel. Could be the reason for that trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I'm guessing EI4546 is a charter for the rugby. Anyone know if it's landing in nice or toulon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I'm guessing EI4546 is a charter for the rugby. Anyone know if it's landing in nice or toulon?

Just landing in Toulon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Jack1985 wrote: »
    For those with FR24 Premium Radar, I've created two waypoint files for EICK and EINN which include VORs, for both to function properly I recommend you upload both which you can do by hitting ''Choose Files'' followed by ''Upload'' on FR24's Radar app.

After downloading please change the file extension from .txt to .wpt for you to be able to upload to FR24. If you wish to delete some of the waypoints which aren't used much (or at all) you can simply delete the line and save before changing the extension from .txt to .wpt. I also recommend downloading IRLConor's waypoint file for EIDW which is available here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89775278&postcount=3209.

Thanks for this..

b757 wrote: »
    Thanks for this..

No problem, if you find any issues let me know. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I saw that too. Only for their competition winners though so why would it. Definitely happening :P Is this the furthest a Monarch plane has been with pax?

No!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

How can that be going to Florida???

How can that be going to Florida???

LBA-SFB via YYT. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

IRLConor wrote: »
    For those of you who use FlightRadar Pro's radar view, you can use the attached file to add the various waypoints around Dublin. Just rename the file so that it ends in .wpt and upload it.

It's a bit noisy, since there are a lot of points that don't get used very much but you can just delete the relevant lines from the file and re-upload it.

IRLConor/Jack1985, Thanks for this, I have been considering FR24P for some time.

Can you post some screen shots with the new waypoints for Dublin overlapped with FR24P, I would like to consider these new additions in conjunction with the Dublin Airport IFR Approaches & Holds thread.

Thanks.

Here you go, just bare in mind when you zoom in further its a lot more fluent in layout. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Here you go, just bare in mind when you zoom in further its a lot more fluent in layout. :)

Can you give a screenshot view closer to Dublin? and also one in regular mode? (rather then ATC radar).
    good job.

• Advertisement

Ok here's a closer shot to Dublin, be advised the waypoints only show in radar mode, you can't edit the regular flightradar24.com site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement