Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

timwynne wrote: »
    lost the cesna somewhere between bunclody and borris

any airfields there?

Cessna EI-SPB is based in Waterford,recovered there from Prestwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

sdevine89 wrote: »
    I heard them on the way out so this might make sense to someone here 'on route to Bamba(?) area' is what I thought they told ATC. I saw their route on FR24 before they disappeared showed them coming from the middle of the sea around Guernsey.

BANBA that would be- it's basically a waypoint on the border of Irish and UK airspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Sunwings 738 positioning to Luton for summer season coming over Scotland http://www.flightradar24.com/SWG9078/31ad9c9

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Sunwings 738 positioning to Luton for summer season coming over Scotland http://www.flightradar24.com/SWG9078/31ad9c9

Never heard of this lot - where will they be flying to from LTN?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

b757 wrote: »
    I assume because it doesn't get regular flights to and from the airport which appear on FR24 .

Lately i have seen the Manchester and Birmingham flights on FR24. Waterford Airport is on the radar view map in the Premium version of FR24 so not sure why its not on the main web and app versions.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/be337/#317213b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

fr336 wrote: »
    Never heard of this lot - where will they be flying to from LTN?

Thomson have a long standing agreement with Sunwing. Basically SWG lease aircraft from Thomson for the winter, they then return to Thomson for the summer. In some cases aircraft are wetleased and operated by Sunwing crew in Europe.

They used to the same thing with Skyservice (now defunct Canadian carrier) years ago too (Actually back when Thomson was First Choice) I remember being on a SNN-ACE flight, Skyservice a/c and flight deck crew. Cabin crew were First Choice- the funny thing was they had to play the safety announcements in french also, it being a canadian airline.

Makes sense really when they don't need the excess capacity in Europe over Winter and can send it somewhere useful

Thomson have a long standing agreement with Sunwing. Basically SWG lease aircraft from Thomson for the winter, they then return to Thomson for the summer. In some cases aircraft are wetleased and operated by Sunwing crew in Europe.

They used to the same thing with Skyservice (now defunct Canadian carrier) years ago too (Actually back when Thomson was First Choice) I remember being on a SNN-ACE flight, Skyservice a/c and flight deck crew. Cabin crew were First Choice- the funny thing was they had to play the safety announcements in french also, it being a canadian airline.

Makes sense really when they don't need the excess capacity in Europe over Winter and can send it somewhere useful

Thanks - Thomson pop up everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

QTR94 Zurich - Doha just squawked 7700 over Bucharest, B787-8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Just saw another blocked a/c over St George's Channel, gone again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

http://fr24.com/VDA4151

Volga Dnepr IL76 @ FL330 heading towards the West of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Quick question, why is this flight showing MIA - JFK and yet coming in over IRE?

http://imgur.com/9esZl0P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Why wouldn't it?

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it?

Miami - JFK, coming over Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,228 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Why wouldn't it?

That's a VERY scenic route :eek:

Why wouldn't it?

Remind me never to ask for directions off you!

Not all routes shown by FR24 are correct.

Some flights may be using a callsign that was used on a previous flight, or some may be just continuing onto another part of the world on the one callsign. Think of BA's BAW1/3 as a example, LCY-SNN-JFK on the one callsign.

This flight is on its way to Brussels, regular enough.

ANC-MIA-JFK-BRU-ICN-ANC I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

davo2001 wrote: »
    Quick question, why is this flight showing MIA - JFK and yet coming in over IRE?

http://imgur.com/9esZl0P

I've seen it before where the destination is wrong, following as it lands somewhere else. Quite likely to return to JFK from wherever it's going.

Remind me never to ask for directions off you!

You do realise flights are regularly routed up the East Coast of the US/Canada and over Greenland into the UK even from Miami, even the thought the Majority cross South of Ireland into the UK.

You do realise flights are regularly routed up the East Coast of the US/Canada and over Greenland into the UK even from Miami, even the thought the Majority cross South of Ireland into the UK.

From Miami to New York?

From Miami to New York?

FR24 data for the route is wrong obviously.

• Advertisement

Really? So you're saying that a flight going from MIA - JFK and being routed to a different continent would be completely normal? You can't just admit you were wrong and made a mistake?!

Really? So you're saying that a flight going from MIA - JFK and being routed to a different continent would be completely normal? You can't just admit you were wrong and made a mistake?!

Calm down big balls, you do realise the data is incorrect on its route?

Calm down big balls, you do realise the data is incorrect on its route?

Obviously its wrong but non the less you still can't admit it can you!

As self appointed keep the peace moderator for this thread, I demand any arguments involving even mild insults are kept to PM for civalised discussion, not in the thread discussing planes.

It took off from JFK? I thought it was headed for LHR so yes apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Anybody notice the AA49 flight from CDG to Dallas which was squaking 7700 half an hour ago. Seems to have reached 0ft three miles from CDG.
    Is this a data error

mayotom wrote: »
    Anybody notice the AA49 flight from CDG to Dallas which was squaking 7700 half an hour ago. Seems to have reached 0ft three miles from CDG.
    Is this a data error

:eek: It better be an error

ETA: Landed safety according to a user on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fr336 wrote: »
    As self appointed keep the peace moderator for this thread, I demand any arguments involving even mild insults are kept to PM for civalised discussion, not in the thread discussing planes.

Careful%20Now.jpg

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

what are the benefits to having premium flight radar?

• Advertisement

timwynne wrote: »
    what are the benefits to having premium flight radar?

No times outs, ad free and a different view. Nothing special about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement