Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Pretty sure it's daily. Watch for the departure of the return leg and I bet my bottom dollar it'll climb straight to FL410- seems to be the case with any of them I've watched!

Yep saw it one night @ FL410 before it had passed LPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

What's happening in a situation like this? It's quite clear the plane isn't flying from Poznan to Bristol, what causes Flight Radar to say it is?

jjgn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,573 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A re-used flight code by the operator generally. Flightradar has a user-contributed database for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Oops! wrote: »
    According to flightradar there's a Cathay Pacific 747F due into Shannon at 7.30am tomorrow.

That passed over Wexford after 7 this morning. Made a very different noise than usual flights we hear pass over, so much so I had to check to see what it was. Is there a reason you mention it specifically, is it an unusual plane?
    Maybe it was just because it was landing, was at around 25,000 ft and descending. Normally we have the London/Frankfurt/AMS etc to -east coast America flights pass here, which would be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Oops! wrote: »
    According to flightradar there's a Cathay Pacific 747F due into Shannon at 7.30am tomorrow.

B-LJA(Hong Kong Trader) B747-800F departing Shannon now to Manchester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

just flew over Dublin at 23,000ft

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Is this an example of an older MLAT aircraft coming into receiver coverage near Dublin?

285302.jpg

Is this an example of an older MLAT aircraft coming into receiver coverage near Dublin?

Yes, look at the radar name.

MYOB wrote: »
    Yes, look at the radar name.

I know that I can see what it says :) I'm asking if its only coming into view because of the new MLAT receivers that have been put up recently around Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Whats going on here?
    http://www.flightradar24.com/AFR125G

Showing zero altitude a bit away from the airport & still moving.

• Advertisement

I know that I can see what it says :) I'm asking if its only coming into view because of the new MLAT receivers that have been put up recently around Dublin.

Yes. They don't show planes from the MLAT network unless they've no ADS-B. The point where its coming in is obviously the outer edge of current coverage.

This must be a 'Visit to Santa' flight coming home :)

285308.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I have to say, despite reports that yesterday was one of the worst storms for years. Air traffic ran quite smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

MYOB wrote: »
    Yes. They don't show planes from the MLAT network unless they've no ADS-B. The point where its coming in is obviously the outer edge of current coverage.

It's also worth highlighting that the mlat coverage doesn't extend as far because of the fact that 3 receivers need to be able to receive the same transmission from the aircraft at the same time in order to triangulate the position.

I run the new F-EIWF1 receiver which is actually on top of the Blackstairs mountains so is regularly receiving aircraft 300NM+ away but still the mlat coverage is limited by the availability of receivers. There was a big increase in mlat aircraft around Ireland when I switched it on 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

bkehoe wrote: »
    It's also worth highlighting that the mlat coverage doesn't extend as far because of the fact that 3 receivers need to be able to receive the same transmission from the aircraft at the same time in order to triangulate the position.

I run the new F-EIWF1 receiver which is actually on top of the Blackstairs mountains so is regularly receiving aircraft 300NM+ away but still the mlat coverage is limited by the availability of receivers. There was a big increase in mlat aircraft around Ireland when I switched it on 3 weeks ago.

Your coverage is quite fantastic, fair play!

I run F-EINN1 and hopefully its playing its part with MLAT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Was just picking up some chatter about debating between Knock and Shannon as a destination? Possibly diversion but I don't know where from? They were talking about bad weather at Knock but seemed keen to land there for passenger sake? It may have been an airline ops actually as it seemed out of sync with the rest of the feed for DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

If only there was somebody on here with the MECH1-nism to tell us what frequency it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Whoever it was saying all this sounded geordie to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Looks like EI3227 GLA-DUB is diverting to Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Thought this was quite cool thanks to EI wifi

Tracking my flight mid-flight...

cztPJoy.png?1

...and my colleague's flight that was running late!

EigFFaN.png?2

• Advertisement

Dublin is still busy with inbounds...

285451.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

How do you hear the pilots or whatever it is you are hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Neeson wrote: »

Liveatc.net And do a search for eidw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

flazio wrote: »
    I have to say, despite reports that yesterday was one of the worst storms for years. Air traffic ran quite smoothly.

My observation too. Technically a gust yesterday was in fact higher than two days ago but the mean wind speed was lower.

FR24 - On 12 July 2013 an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 787 Dreamliner caught fire while standing on Heathrow airport. After months of repairs the aircraft is flying again. BOE787 just took of from Heathrow airport and is scheduled to do a 150 minute long test flight before it will land on Manston Kent's International Airport.

Follow the flight live on http://www.flightradar24.com/BOE787

285495.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

EDI - DUB Landing after his go-around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Coincidence, yesterday evening's Aer Arann flight from EDI also went around and diverted to Belfast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

bkehoe wrote: »

I'm in Waterford City and have been running a dongle with a home made collinear antenna for a week now. I'm feeding to Flight Radar 24 with a radar id of T-EIWF7. My max range is 185NM and i have been admiring the range of F-EIWF1 and especially its tracking of flights landing to shannon and Cork even down to 3000ft and less.
    I was thinking that your radar was at a height but it explains a lot to know your on top of a mountain :) I have been approved to host the FR24 equipment so i'm looking forward to adding another F radar to coverage in Ireland. I'm still waiting on notification of postage so it will probably be the New Year before i'm up and running. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

I'm in Waterford City and have been running a dongle with a home made collinear antenna for a week now. I'm feeding to Flight Radar 24 with a radar id of T-EIWF7. My max range is 185NM and i have been admiring the range of F-EIWF1 and especially its tracking of flights landing to shannon and Cork even down to 3000ft and less.
    I was thinking that your radar was at a height but it explains a lot to know your on top of a mountain :) I have been approved to host the FR24 equipment so i'm looking forward to adding another F radar to coverage in Ireland. I'm still waiting on notification of postage so it will probably be the New Year before i'm up and running. :)

T-EIWF4 here; I'm getting about 120NM range on average up to about 150NM, still need to finish off the application for the FR24 equipment :P

Hopefully finish it up in the next day or two. Did it take long to get approval?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Neeson wrote: »

Listen here - pick the first one.

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EIDW

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement