Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

keith16 wrote: »
    Understand that, just wondering if my calc was right. Over 3 hours seems a long time to be burning fuel.

Hope they get down ok.

KUL to BLR shows a 4 hour 15 mins flight time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Growler!!! wrote: »
    KUL to BLR shows a 4 hour 15 mins flight time.

Yeah you're right. I just didn't expect they would have to burn through most of the flight fuel. Horrible for all concerned, 4 hours in the air to end up back where you started but safety is paramount.

From Malaysia Airlines FB:
    MEDIA STATEMENT released at 1.35am/21 Apr 2014
    MH192 Incident
    Sepang, 21 April 2014: Malaysia Airlines confirms that flight MH192 that departed from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at 10.09pm bound for Bangalore has made an air turn back towards Kuala Lumpur. The aircraft’s right-hand landing gear malfunctioned upon takeoff and is expected to make an emergency landing at KLIA at around 2.00am, today.
    Flight MH192, operated on the B737-800 aircraft, was scheduled to arrive in Bangalore at 11.35pm the same day. The flight was carrying a total number of 166 people on board which include 159 passengers and 07 crew members.
    Malaysia Airlines is currently working with the Airport Fire Rescue Services (AFRS) in anticipation of the landing.
    The airline will provide regular updates on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

MH192 has landed safely at KUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Wow I slept through all this and woke up to the post here thinking the missing plane had been miraculously found! :(

This might interest many in here, hope it's not too out of place - 24/7 live webcam shots from Gdansk airport http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/airport/kamery-internetowe

Very good quality video and decent enough views of the ramp, close to the runway etc. Sadly not an awful lot of traffic I don't think - Wizz Air (base), Lufthansa, Ryanair prominent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Iceland air 1510 on finals for rwy 10 at eidw...in for paint or what? I spotted air contractors fly dub to kef the other day...is there a service for the summer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Razor44 wrote: »
    Iceland air 1510 on finals for rwy 10 at eidw...in for paint or what? I spotted air contractors fly dub to kef the other day...is there a service for the summer?

You could've just checked the airport site to find that there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

owenc wrote: »
    You could've just checked the airport site to find that there is.

......yup I could have but I didn't think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Anybody know why the embarier E135, that had been tracked from northern Italy, just went off fr24? It was just off wicklow coast around FL110.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Landed in DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Anybody know why the embarier E135, that had been tracked from northern Italy, just went off fr24? It was just off wicklow coast around FL110.

N827TV

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

de biz wrote: »
    N827TV

Thanks but that's not showing up either, quick Google search reveals that it's a nice bus!

it was in cork earlier, a nice machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Has anyone a way of listening to Luton control tower. I can't get it on Liveatc and there's nothing a quick google search shows up.

Has anyone a way of listening to Luton control tower. I can't get it on Liveatc and there's nothing a quick google search shows up.

No it's against the law to broadcast UK atc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »
    No it's against the law to broadcast UK atc.

Fúcking Br*ts :D

billie1b wrote: »
    Fúcking Br*ts :D

The thing is, in this day and age if they retracted the law certain elements of the UK media would probably make a few stories out of it listening into things and picking on some poor pilot or controller for saying something in any way unusual if taken out of context :rolleyes: Nothing's kept on the down low here, if you'll sell papers you're the media's property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

As noted, illegal for UK residents to re-broadcast. I'm sure it does occur in private groups but people are very careful not to let it 'leak', partially to avoid triggering further legislation banning or controlling receivers. At present receivers covering the airband are not illegal to produce and sell in the UK and no license is required to possess one.

But if you're not in the UK and have a good line of sight to a UK transmitter, I don't know how OFCOM could have any sanctions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

I always found the law in the UK around re-broadcasting of ATC transmissions a laughable standing.

It's actually against the law to discuss, rebroadcast or even listen to ATC communication within the UK. Amazingly, it is not illegal to own an airband radio, but you can't actually listen to anything on it (by law), this was passed as law under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949, and clearly needs to be repealed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

If anyone has been listening to Kennedy tower today.

3027906-21036060.jpg

• Advertisement

This evening at 8pm, 757, N101LF was ferried to Knock for scrapping. EX EC-LHL of Mint airways. (flew from Madrid at 9000ft)

The Gulfstream IV flying over Ireland at the moment west to east is N477QS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

...ferried to Knock for scrapping.

Huh? Do they do that sort of work in Knock? Thought that sort of thing was done in those huge airfields in Arizona....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

fricatus wrote: »
    Huh? Do they do that sort of work in Knock? Thought that sort of thing was done in those huge airfields in Arizona....

Scrapping rather than storage for possible resale/eventual scrapping - the latter is usually done in deserts for corrosion reducing reasons; not an issue when you're cutting up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Don't Eirtrade strip/part-out aircraft over in Knock?

http://eirtradeaviation.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »

Business Jet for leasing

billie1b wrote: »
    Business Jet for leasing

One day I will get my Ryanair's from Seattle, Billie..one day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Someone mentioned in the AH thread about a live flight that with flightradar one can have a cockpit view of the flight ?

really ? a generated view of course? ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement