Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

b757 wrote: »
    T-EIWF4 here; I'm getting about 120NM range on average up to about 150NM, still need to finish off the application for the FR24 equipment :P

Hopefully finish it up in the next day or two. Did it take long to get approval?

When i applied originally i didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks. Last week got a reply and had to fill out a second more detailed application form which included taking a picture where i intended to put the Antenna and also a pic of North, South, East and West. The day after got an email to say i was approved. Today got notice that the equipment has been dispatched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

When i applied originally i didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks. Last week got a reply and had to fill out a second more detailed application form which included taking a picture where i intended to put the Antenna and also a pic of North, South, East and West. The day after got an email to say i was approved. Today got notice that the equipment has been dispatched :)

Weird, I applied and got a email back the following day about 2/3 weeks ago. Wasn't home for most of that time and didn't get a chance to get the pics when I was.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Nice to see IRL252 showing up on MLAT
    [IMG][/img]Flightradar24com-Liveflighttracker.png

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Mech1, you just bet me to it, really good to see these now on MLAT - keep them coming.

285699.jpg

Where is he flying from? Knock?

This is a first - Leader3 is an airfield ground op's transponder equipped vehicle.

285705.jpg

285706.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

I was looking him up as you posted:
    http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/leader3

Active on fr24 since late Nov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Mech1, you just bet me to it, really good to see these now on MLAT - keep them coming.

285699.jpg

Where is he flying from? Knock?

Air ambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

urajoke wrote: »
    Air ambulance

Thought that carried the call sign Medevac 112?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

flazio wrote: »

I think it might do that, but it might not showing on the description tag.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

flazio wrote: »

That's the HEMS service operated by the Air Corps/HSE using the AW139.

I don't think patient transfer flights would use the same call sign..I've never seen it anyway. I thought the 235s use Charlie 252/253 in Ireland and all aircraft use Irish followed by registration when abroad.

• Advertisement

urajoke wrote: »
    Air ambulance

Irish Air Corps facebook page - "last night the Air Corps flew a time critical patient from Knock Airport to London, making it to Heathrow at 3am with only minutes to spare.

Well done to all and please spare a thought for the silent heroes who will be standing by over the Christmas period".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I thought the 235s use Charlie 252/253 in Ireland and all aircraft use Irish followed by registration when abroad.

I'm pretty sure that would be correct. But as far as visual monitoring goes, the tag on flight radar or AIS usually does not change, but if one is monitoring the frequencies one will hear the actual different call signs.

Does anyone know what happened to the 19:00 Cardiff flight? Has it left DUB? I can't see it on playback now.

The return flight due in at 21:50 was initially delayed until 23:40 and now 00:10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Have you checked the DAA website?

According to http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/flight-information/live-departures.aspx looks like its still on the ground.

Cardiff

Aer Lingus

EI3298

23 Dec 19:00

Thanks. Yeah I'm checking it every few minutes and it didn't say delayed or anything so I didn't know what to take from it.

Just Googled the flight number, says the DUB-CWL flight is delayed until 21:25 and the Cardiff Airport website says due to arrive at 22:40.

and looking at http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/flifoLookupDispatchAction.do it looks like a 2125 departure ex DUB

Departure date: 23 Dec 2013

Scheduled

Actual

Departure

Arrival

Departure

Arrival

DUBLIN to CARDIFF

19:00

20:15

21:25 E

22:32 E

E - indicates the Estimated time of departure/arrival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

L1aYuon.png

FlyBE made me laugh!

Departure

Arrival

Departure

Arrival

DUBLIN to CARDIFF

19:00

20:15

21:25 E

22:32 E

E - indicates the Estimated time of departure/arrival

Thank you.

Just heard it on DUB ATC too.
    L1aYuon.png

FlyBE made me laugh!

Just saw that there :pac:

D7aDm7F.png

Changing it up as well

That crew are having fun. Just changed to JINGLBEL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I was thinking that your radar was at a height but it explains a lot to know your on top of a mountain :) I have been approved to host the FR24 equipment so i'm looking forward to adding another F radar to coverage in Ireland. I'm still waiting on notification of postage so it will probably be the New Year before i'm up and running. :)

Excellent, should improve the mlat coverage quite a bit. :) Hoping to put an application in for another mountaintop location further west in the coming weeks too but it'd probably be too far away to get low level coverage of Waterford.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

bkehoe wrote: »
    Excellent, should improve the mlat coverage quite a bit. :) Hoping to put an application in for another mountaintop location further west in the coming weeks too but it'd probably be too far away to get low level coverage of Waterford.

I have a relatively clear view of Waterford Airport to low levels but not quiet ground coverage i would imagine.Will only know for sure when i get up and running.Still it should help with MLAT :)

FR8825 KRK-ORK having a second bite of the cherry in Cork at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Weather causing lots of bother in the UK

285815.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Gatwick closed and flights being diverted. Two in the hold around LGW hoping it opens soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

A Boeing 737 - HZ102, F-EIWF1, belonging to the Royal Saudi Air Force has just taken off from Shannon Airport, heading west over the Atlantic. A bit of last minute Christmas shopping at the Crescent or what? (Tried to do a screen grab but it didn't work!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Finnair 757 OH-LBS on its way into SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Many Aircraft now holding over the Irish Sea with the high winds to continue until 15:00. It's great to be in front of the big open fire looking out at this weather.

A band of rain, hail and sleet is coming in from the west to further complicate matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Send a few over to knock,nice and clear here,light winds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

eastmayo wrote: »
    Send a few over to knock,nice and clear here,light winds

I'm sure Knock is lovely but I would imagine the passengers wouldn't like to be stuck in Knock on Xmas Eve and I certainly don't want to drive there to pick someone up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement