Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Anybody pick the intruder up on MLAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Anybody pick the intruder up on MLAT?

He wasn't to be seen, no hope for us if ATC couldn't even track him after the infriction

He wasn't to be seen, no hope for us if ATC couldn't even track him after the infriction

Maybe they got him on primary radar. Unless it was a stealth micro light.

What runway was in use at the time. 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Maybe they got him on primary radar. Unless it was a stealth micro light.

What runway was in use at the time. 10?

Yep

random_guy wrote: »
    Who is showing up as "Blocked", just passing over Birr? A bit ahead of US 729.

I can't post an image of it.

Probably a private jet. Though always the possibility of it being military and the like also.

• Advertisement

cenahs wrote: »
    Squawk 7700 BAW84 currently over the Irish Sea.

Any further on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

fr336 wrote: »
    Any further on this?

Believe it was medical related
    Oops! wrote: »
    What's the story with the 2 Air Transat A330's due into Shannon from Dublin?

Don't think there were 2- but today was the first of the season, once a week YYZ-DUB-SNN-YYZ with A330. I think it operates directly from DUB a few other days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EI-STA due into knock at 2240 from Jerez.

The Gulfstream 4 passing just north of Drogheda now, westbound, is N133CS.

Also, passing over Wexford now is Dassault Falcon M-CIMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody know what/who that plane was that was flying around south Dublin there a few mins ago, at savage speed?

Flight inspection is at DUB today http://www.flightradar24.com/CLB203/36f4a15

Outside bet this is what you heard homer? Though it is going extremely slow so probably not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

646dbd77cb3bed301a7e80bd782c4f0e.png

Yeah, I doubt that's what you heard. It's not exactly doing a 'savage speed'.

Edit: Actually, it did 310knots at 4,000ft over Blackrock at around 10:45. Maybe it was.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

Well no, however it may be an unusual little thing and be noticed more than most :p

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

it was doing much more than current speed when it passed over south dublin (that straight line).

Germanwings GWI64L Canadair CRJ-900 from DUS inbound to DUB http://www.flightradar24.com/GWI64L/36f5559

Nice and clear radio on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

I see a lot of ? over the Atlantic - is this lost contact ?

Is this common on the site ?

I saw this earlier driving to Dublin and when I say they looked close, the looked very close, especially when the Shamrock was established (or about to establish) on the localiser, I never saw two aircraft inside the zone cross paths like this before (I know the recent discussions here about Cobham in Dublin and Shannon).

308802.jpg

308803.jpg

From the road, visual interpretation looked like the twin busted airspace. This is how the public get things like this out of proportion.

I'm surprised Cobham have a licence to operate like this and the IAA permit it (given the fact that probably the TCAS was alerting in the A320).
    It looked pretty cool though :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

You can see how people would interpret that as a near miss alright, would TCAS go off given that there was around 1800 ft difference in altitude between them?

lazza14 wrote: »
    I see a lot of ? over the Atlantic - is this lost contact ?

Is this common on the site ?

Nah it's just a fr24 error I think

• Advertisement

You can see how people would interpret that as a near miss alright, would TCAS go off given that there was around 1800 ft difference in altitude between them?

TCAS will issue a TA(traffic advisory) then an RA( Resolution advisory) ONLY if there is a conflict within 20 - 30 seconds. IE if they are heading towards each other.

While the other aircraft will show up on each others TCAS screen neither appear to be climbing or descending at a rate to cause a conflict . So no alert will be generated.

As to the IAA allowing Cobham to do this type of work. Who do you think employes them to carry out tests of this nature? That's right the IAA.

Cobham pilots are highly sought after due to the very nature and precision required to carry out this type of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nah it's just a fr24 error I think

No, it's lost contact or only partial reception. Only contact with the private ads network that fr24 use though.

MYOB wrote: »
    No, it's lost contact or only partial reception. Only contact with the private ads network that fr24 use though.

Lost contact with the actual radars?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lost contact with the actual radars?

No. Flightradar doesn't use any actual radar. It uses ADS-B receivers and time-delayed FAA data for North America only.

The ADS-B data is collected by contributing users, it is not from any public system; this is why there are coverage gaps. Nothing huge in Europe but absolutely gaping in other areas.

VT-JNH, a 737-700 currently descending into Shannon. currently over Cavan town.

Currently passing over the midlands on the way into DUB is Embraer 135 N226HY

what exactly was that Cobham doing anyway earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

what exactly was that Cobham doing anyway earlier?

Commissioned by the IAA to do navigation aid (ILS, VOR, NDB) calibration.

Who do you think employes them to carry out tests of this nature? That's right the IAA.

It was a rhetorical question Growler, I do know who employs them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I saw this earlier driving to Dublin and when I say they looked close, the looked very close, especially when the Shamrock was established (or about to establish) on the localiser, I never saw two aircraft inside the zone cross paths like this before (I know the recent discussions here about Cobham in Dublin and Shannon).

308802.jpg

308803.jpg

From the road, visual interpretation looked like the twin busted airspace. This is how the public get things like this out of proportion.

I'm surprised Cobham have a licence to operate like this and the IAA permit it (given the fact that probably the TCAS was alerting in the A320).
    It looked pretty cool though :)

IS that the regular version of flightradar ? or did you pay ?

I have the app for my phone and it's well worth the €2.70 or so ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement