Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

the_monkey wrote: »
    IS that the regular version of flightradar ? or did you pay ?

I have the app for my phone and it's well worth the €2.70 or so ..

That looks like the desktop version but the paid version of the app is very much worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I saw this earlier driving to Dublin and when I say they looked close, the looked very close, especially when the Shamrock was established (or about to establish) on the localiser, I never saw two aircraft inside the zone cross paths like this before (I know the recent discussions here about Cobham in Dublin and Shannon).

From the road, visual interpretation looked like the twin busted airspace. This is how the public get things like this out of proportion.

I'm surprised Cobham have a licence to operate like this and the IAA permit it (given the fact that probably the TCAS was alerting in the A320).
    It looked pretty cool though :)

They're almost 2000ft apart and separation is increasing. Absolutely no 'busted airspace'. If this was less than 1000ft apart it would be concerning....

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

the_monkey wrote: »
    IS that the regular version of flightradar ? or did you pay ? I have the app for my phone and it's well worth the €2.70 or so ..

Desktop, non-paid version of FR24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Up in the air once more at the moment:

tXHj0jY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

AlItalia with an Irish reg?
    http://www.flightradar24.com/AZA602/3714194

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

308909.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

flazio wrote: »

Most Alitalia aircraft are Irish reg. You'd probably see more EIs than I regs in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

DLH12A (LH1802) MUC-MAD is on an emergency descent into Toulouse squawking 7700 http://www.flightradar24.com/DLH12A/371622f

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Down safe looks like a medical emergency, vacated the runway at speed, taxiing hastily to the ramp

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

flazio wrote: »

Italy requires leased planes to be registered in the owners country. Which is usually Ireland. Think Russia is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

MYOB wrote: »
    Italy requires leased planes to be registered in the owners country. Which is usually Ireland. Think Russia is the same.

The Alitalia 777s are actually owned by GECAS but for 'convenience' of European airlines they run an office in Shannon, so that leased aircraft can be Irish-registered rather than N-reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

GECAS but for 'convenience' of European airlines

Some light reading neded Guinness Peat Aviation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Some light reading neded

I don't quite follow. The Alitalia 777s in question were built 10 years after GPA finally slipped under the waves ( following the GECAS 'rescue' ). The aircraft are owned by GECAS in Stamford, Connecticut.

GECAS don't keep the Shannon office open for sentimental reasons...

Actually, are there any GPA-owned airframes still on lease anywhere? Perhaps some old 737s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Westairs EI-LIM just departed Milan MXP and currently heading SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

308909.jpg

It just departed from Rwy 10 - surprisingly noisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Strange one on the liveatc archive for DUB. Go to the first DUB stream for yesterday, between 2230 and 2300, and go to about 25:28 mins in.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

fr336 wrote: »
    Strange one on the liveatc archive for DUB. Go to the first DUB stream for yesterday, between 2230 and 2300, and go to about 25:28 mins in.

Haha. Wasn't expecting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Should like to point out that this was an 'error' on the feeder's end; it was not transmitted to any pilots and the like (I hope)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

fr336 wrote: »

:eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Your an awful bollix fr366:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Will be good to see this on FR24 one day...

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/dreamchaser-onrunway.jpg

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Lh462, looks like an interesting flight. A380 landing with 3 tonnes of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

AFR990 Squawking 7700, CDG - JNB, just passed MRS, turning around now over the med

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

billie1b wrote: »
    AFR990 Squawking 7700, CDG - JNB, just passed MRS, turning around now over the med

Plenty of fuel to be dumped there I suspect

Heading TLS? Any other south coast runways long enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Plenty of fuel to be dumped there I suspect

Heading TLS? Any other south coast runways long enough?

Yeah most likely, she's heading in the TLS/CCF direction now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

victor charlie charlie calling sierra foxtrot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Would have expected Nice for a medical emergency and Toulouse for a mechanical issue. No doubt we'll find out in the morning.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement