Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

EDIT: just listening to Dublin he just lifted again heading back for Shannon.

Interesting to see if he hops into his new toy when he gets there !

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/skyrsquos-the-limit-as-jp-buys-55m-jet-268284.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Lapin wrote: »
    Interesting to see if he hops into his new toy when he gets there !

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/skyrsquos-the-limit-as-jp-buys-55m-jet-268284.html

€55m eh...that'd keep a fair few families fed.

/FR's off topic political comment of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

fr336 wrote: »

It would. But if everyone who considered buying a private plane thought that way, the families of Gulfstream employees would go hungry. :)

Lapin wrote: »
    It would. But if everyone who considered buying a private plane thought that way, the families of Gulfstream employees would go hungry. :)

Haha oh yeah..wonder how they carve up that 55mil :D I just find it a bit obscene when someone's small home country was so screwed over. But oh well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

It was delayed yesterday and again today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

Afternoon

Im fairly knew to aviation I have a big interest In it and came across this forum, the thread is great and I have been looking at flightradar24 for the last hour, I just have a few questions Im hoping ye can help me with.

What does Squawk mean?

What Is the average vertical speed? Im looking at a flight from Brussels to Kigali now and the vertical speed says 0fpm.

Thanks In advance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Afternoon

Im fairly knew to aviation I have a big interest In it and came across this forum, the thread is great and I have been looking at flightradar24 for the last hour, I just have a few questions Im hoping ye can help me with.

What does Squawk mean?

What Is the average vertical speed? Im looking at a flight from Brussels to Kigali now and the vertical speed says 0fpm.

Thanks In advance

Squawk is a numerical code of 4 numbers used to denote a current state aboard the aircraft.

0fpm is a flight that has reached cruising altitude and is no longer climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Afternoon

What does Squawk mean?

Thanks In advance

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys but i think Squawk is the 4 digit transponder code of the aircraft.

Average vertical speed is the rate of ascent/descent. So in the case of your Brussels flight they were flying level at that time and making no altitude changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

Cheers lads, so Im guessing when the vertical speed has a minus next to it then It means the flight is descending and vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Cheers lads, so Im guessing when the vertical speed has a minus next to it then It means the flight is descending and vice versa?

Correct and right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Here's > http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(aeronautics) < a little read on transponder and squawks for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

A little off topic again but in fairness to JP, while it is a huge amount of money JP also does a huge amount for charities and communities in the Limerick area that mostly goes unreported.

If I had his kinda money I think I'd buy a jet too :D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

What's happening with the United?

http://avherald.com/h?article=47539f24&opt=0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

No the one in Dublin leaving dublin hasn't left yet.

Ua22

Do you think the 757s are getting too old. They are pristine inside but I looked on the pictures and the paint is falling off some of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

b757 wrote: »

That was yesterdays, I believe there's a problem with the United flight from Dublin today, could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Ryanair Learjet 45 over the Irish Sea heading west:

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR1/37a1792

Edit: And gone from FR. Always annoying when something different pops up only to disappear again a few seconds later :mad:

V_Moth wrote: »
    Ryanair Learjet 45 over the Irish Sea heading west:

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR1/37a1792

Edit: And gone from FR. Always annoying when something different pops up only to disappear again a few seconds later :mad:

I believe you :P To be fair it's good to have anything at all, yet alone the brilliant service fr offers.

h3000 wrote: »
    A little off topic again but in fairness to JP, while it is a huge amount of money JP also does a huge amount for charities and communities in the Limerick area that mostly goes unreported.

If I had his kinda money I think I'd buy a jet too :D

For 55 mil? I might get one for half a mil (ok guess it isn't actually possible to buy one so cheap) but in general I'd be happy with a few flights out here and there on hire. 55 mil for a plane or anything just for yourself is obscene..just because it's common doesn't make it any less so. I doubt anyone in this thread has ever earnt over 550,000. Oh and I don't believe any mount of 'hard work' or 'genius' is worth that either, since half the time it's been luck and or insider contacts and the other half it's been conning the majority out of money in some way or another. Anyway yes way off topic (though I'd like to say to any mod you should be able to reply to this one more time and show me the error of my ways :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jasT1981

EZY14GK squawking 7700 heading into Belfast from Manchester. Currently just south of Newtownards.

http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY14GK/37a4c1b

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Down safe.

• Advertisement

jasT1981 wrote: »
    EZY14GK squawking 7700 heading into Belfast from Manchester. Currently just south of Newtownards.

http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY14GK/37a4c1b

On the ground now according to fr24.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Down safe.

Well technically, how would we know what kind of landing it is? :P But yes, definitely down and hopefully safe hopefully!

Sorry KoolKid, didn't mean to sound an idiot there - was just thinking out loud (and there may be a reason to think all is fine once certain things happen)

Probably a medical usually is

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I didn't take it that way at all.Hopefully all is good. If FR24 is right it appears to be stopped a bit away from the terminal, just off the end of the runway.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I didn't take it that way at all.Hopefully all is good. If FR24 is right it appears to be stopped a bit away from the terminal, just off the end of the runway.

Hmm now that wouldn't be 100% good..well 99.999 probably :D But maybe not a medical if that's the case. First time I've seen an EZY 7700.

Another EZY landing shortly; that would tell us more.

runway closed, aircraft needed towed from runway. Seems like a steering problem but not confirmed.

Next EZY seems to be circling...sure all is ok though

runway closed, aircraft needed towed from runway. Seems like a steering problem but not confirmed.

You're quick! Thanks man

got it from another forum ;)

• Advertisement

Runway at BFS closed, EZY aircraft needed towed from runway. Seems like a steering problem but not confirmed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement