Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Wouldn't mind an extra 14hrs at Ibiza Airport myself.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

RYR1/FR1 disappeared from radar now.

I find it odd that an airline such as Ryanair with their huge fleet (both in service and not) can have such long delays from time to time. I'm guessing there are absolutely solid reasons behind it - in my naivity I just think can't the currently out of service ac be brought in for such occasions, or are they not quite ready to go like that? In most cases may it be an annoying inflexible thing whereby it's a case of waiting for an in service ac to finish off its routes for the day, hence the likes of that Ibiza flight only getting in the air at this hour (3am Ibiza time)?

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Would'nt mind an extra 14hrs at Ibiza Airport myself.. :p

Never been myself sadly..is the airport next to the beach? :D

Never been myself sadly..is the airport next to the beach?

Lol :p, yeah wasn't there in years all I remember is a cliff on the right and pretty much the beach at both ends of the airport, beautiful place!
    I find it odd that an airline Ryanair with their huge fleet (both in service and not) can have such long delays from time to time. I'm guessing there are absolutely solid reasons behind it -

IMO you rarely see Ryanair delays of that duration which says a lot of good things about the company, but when they do occur literally there are no other options especially as the aircraft that was due to operate it was tech in Ibiza, it's like a novelty to see a delayed Ryanair flight these days :)

I wonder if FR1 was for Ibiza, fixing the broken ac so they can do a little swapping around? I just assumed they were jetting in to fix it for the delayed flight.

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    I wonder if FR1 was for Ibiza, fixing the broken ac so they can do a little swapping around? I just assumed they were jetting in to fix it for the delayed flight.

You were spot on, tracked it as far as this - So definitely was landing in IBZ.

fas8lh.png

Would assume the crew who operated the inbound sector to IBZ will be still there waiting for it to be fixed before positioning empty to wherever the a/c is required in the morning, that happened a rare occasion once in Cork.

Where did you track it to Jack, pic isn't working for me

Edited the link there now should be showing?

RYR1/FR1 on its way back from Ibiza, probably to its base at STN.

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR1/38b6275

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

at this time of the summer, you'd expect practically all Ryanair planes to be in use, thus no spares to take up serious mechanical failures.

i hope at least those people were told well in advance of the delay and were put up somewhere for the night and not stuck sitting on the Ibiza airport floor....if not, i expect a dailymail article at some stage in the next few hours.

most i had was an 11 hour delay in Shannon, but it wasnt Ryanair. an engineer flew in on a private plane after about 5 hours to replace some part that went about 20 minutes into the flight, the plane started shaking and we went for an emergency landing in Shannon with the firetrucks under us as we came in....

a friend of my mothers is in the Sea Rescue and they had been called out to keep an eye on our landing, of course he just happened to meet my mother where she was working and got the call while they were talking.

she was in tears when i rang her when we landed back there! alot of people didnt get back on the plane, about 1/3 of passengers would get on and even one of the air hosts said to me at one stage "im not getting back on this thing" but eventually she did!

was 11 hours, but i loved every minute of it as it was exciting to have the whole thing unfold and got some free flights out of it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

An-12 UR-CKL over Glasgow at 11.20 heading south-west towards Ireland...

11.30 descending gradually, still at 14,000 so not for Prestwick. Possibly for Dublin.

Landed Belfast Aldergrove!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Charlie 253 currently to the south of Scotland en route back to BAL.

EMB 135 on approach to Dublin, coming from Greece. think its an error on the radar as it says St Johns to Teterboro though perhaps thats the final destination and its on for a refuel.

anybody know what/who it is?

very interesting night in fact, Miami Airlines 737 inbound into Shannon at the moment from southern Italy or Greece again.

assume its a charter flight.

Edit - its from Catania so i wonder if its a positioning flight for Ryanair for tomorrow or something like that?

Charlie 253 currently to the south of Scotland en route back to BAL.

am i right in saying it came in over south Dublin to land? looks like one of them just flew over my house on approach to BAL, assume its the same one, just not visible on the radar as its at about 3,000 ft.

lovely sound off it.

The 737 inbound Shannon came in as "CAMBER 533". Arrived into Shannon from the states a couple of days ago to.

The 737 inbound Shannon came in as "CAMBER 533". Arrived into Shannon from the states a couple of days ago to.

is it being leased by some european airline or what?

not sure tbh, that callsign is usually used for Omni air carrying us troops.

not sure tbh, that callsign is usually used for Omni air carrying us troops.

its probably that so, but unusual to see them using a 737 this time. assume they stopped in Catania to refuel and now Shannon.

long trip for a 737 tho

sure is, nearly always a 767/777. nice clear evening out there,a bright pass from the ISS tonight at 2347.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

sure is, nearly always a 767/777. nice clear evening out there,a bright pass from the ISS tonight at 2347.
    will that be visible over south wicklow and dublin?

yes fleet admiral , if you have clear skies you will defo see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just saw it passing over arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Just saw it passing over arklow

It's a majestic sight. Humbling almost as it cuts a silent path through the dark night sky.

I know it's June but I demand some snow now come on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I know it's June but I demand some snow now come on

You need a lie down, a satsuma and possibly some stronger medication.

Strumms wrote: »
    You need a lie down, a satsuma and possibly some stronger medication.

I see no mention of go arounds or diversions so away with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I see no mention of go arounds or diversions so away with you.

You need to divert to the couch for a lie down as you might be going around the twist asking for snow in June...

TOM557 just off the south east coast :pac:

Jeez, logged onto FR24 to see 2 aircraft in Irish airspace (well at least being show on FR24) - Can't help the man for wanting snow, EISN ATCOs must be sipping the coke at this stage..

• Advertisement

I was actually referring to the lack of snow this year compared to every other Jan-April time I can remember for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement