Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Pax on Twitter says something to do with the air quality on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just an FYI that flights are landing on runway 34 (from the south). Thats rare as anything, first time I've seen it in my flightradar watching. Only approach I haven't made to the airport, lucky buggers on planes today.

Just an FYI that flights are landing on runway 34 (from the south). Thats rare as anything, first time I've seen it in my flightradar watching. Only approach I haven't made to the airport, lucky buggers on planes today.

Yeah I didn't see it for a long time, tonight will be the second occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

owenc wrote: »
    Why did they not continue on? Surely where they were they would've been more than halfway or nearly halfway?

If it departed DUB at 1645 and returned 2030 approx, I make that 3.75 hours. Must have been just short of 2 hours out of Dublin. I think Boston is a 5 to 6 hour trip. Quicker to return DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

fr336 wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't see it for a long time, tonight will be the second occasion.
    I've never seen planes fly so low over the city. I heard a Ryanair go over at a very usual direction so looked up FR24 and then checked in here. The planes are around 4,000ft at Bray and drop to about 1,000 nearer the city. Unusual. Any reason why or are they trying something a bit different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

bronn wrote: »
    I've never seen planes fly so low over the city. I heard a Ryanair go over at a very usual direction so looked up FR24 and then checked in here. The planes are around 4,000ft at Bray and drop to about 1,000 nearer the city. Unusual. Any reason why or are they trying something a bit different?

:confused: I wouldn't have said it's rare. Happens frequently enough.

Main runway could be undergoing maintenance or the wind could have changed direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,184 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

keith16 wrote: »
    :confused: I wouldn't have said it's rare. Happens frequently enough.

When was the last time?

Heard something odd on Live ATC just now. Someone said, "Very, very strange thing. Cabin crew are concerned." Don't know who was talking. They just said, "Are you calling the Guards or Airport Police? They're concerned about the relationship between the two people." :confused: Anyway, apparently Airport Police are on the way and everyone is being kept on the plane until they arrive.
    Main runway could be undergoing maintenance or the wind could have changed direction.
    Maybe it's maintenance as there isn't a puff of wind out tonight.

ETA: Aha! Just heard it. They're fixing a hole on the taxiway so can't use the runway.

You still listening to liveatc, Bronn? Obviously don't give too much away about that situation.

When was the last time?

About a month or less ago for me; they were doing work on the runway at the time.

• Advertisement

Yes, still listening. Apparently cabin crew were "very concerned" about the passengers and their "purpose for coming to Ireland". Crew unsure if Gardaí or Airport Police needed to be called. Tower had Airport Police ready on the stand for them. Obviously, they must've twigged something fishy was going on. Dunno what though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EI-DEN inbound DUB as "VIR879" from LHR.

Seems it just operated one return flight LHR to Manchester for Virgin's 'Little Red' service which Aer Lingus operate with some of their aircraft and crews. Must have been a shortfall of ac on the route today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EI-REI positioning from Shannon to Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

It positioned to LHR this afternoon to operate a Virgin rotation LHR-MAN and return - presumably a short-notice stand-in for one of the regular Virgin aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Here's the inaugural WestJet flight 16 (WS16/WJA16) operated by a Boeing 737-700 (C-FWSK) en-route from Toronto-Pearson to Dublin, just about to stop off at St. John's before commencing her maiden voyage across the Atlantic. :)

http://www.flightradar24.com/WJA16/395363c

An Air Contractors on its way to DUB from ADB Reg EI-STA

http://www.flightradar24.com/ABR458J/3951919

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Don't think so - courier.

• Advertisement

Just having a listen to St. John's tower, WJA16 taking a special taxi for a ''photo op'' before proceeding to the terminal for re-fueling and some more passengers - http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=cyyt&icao=cyyt

Looks like someone at WestJet forgot to file Oceanic clearance... LOL! :p

Gander doing there best to sort something out

You going to follow it all night Jack? :D I don't recommend this staying awake 24/7 business myself :pac:

You going to follow it all night Jack? :D I don't recommend this staying awake 24/7 business myself :pac:

Not in work till the afternoon tomorrow so may as well stay to see it off! And yes I blame being nocturnal on flightradar myself :p

So what is it now? Keep listening to St Johns for takeoff, then onto Gander oceanic?, then after that it'd be Shanwick?

So what is it now? Keep listening to St Johns for takeoff, then onto Gander oceanic?, then after that it'd be Shanwick?

Yep think so! I don't think LiveATC has Gander/Shanwick does it?

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Yep think so! I don't think LiveATC has Gander/Shanwick does it?

I think the third one here MIGHT be Gander http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=hf
    Seem to recall using it before but only very briefly so don't quote me

Shanwick as I know it (the Shannon portion and therefore the Irish half of the Atlantic anyway) is here http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=einn_high&icao=einn

Clear for takeoff Jack

http://www.flightradar24.com/WJA16/3959e97

Cleared assent to 28,000ft.

I think the third one here MIGHT be Gander http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=hf
    Seem to recall using it before but only very briefly so don't quote me

Shanwick as I know it (the Shannon portion and therefore the Irish half of the Atlantic anyway) is here http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=einn_high&icao=einn

Ah cheers for them!! Didn't know they had Gander Oceanic/Shanwick covered :D

• Advertisement

Damn not hearing a peep out of my 'Gander' discovery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement