Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Surprised it took 4 hours. Is the 737 slower than the 757?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

owenc wrote: »
    Surprised it took 4 hours. Is the 737 slower than the 757?

Marginally slow, cruise range for the 737NG seems to be 0.78 - 0.80 versus 0.79 - 0.82 for the 757. But knowing WestJet's focus on costs they probably have an aggressive Cost Index programmed, which prioritises fuel over time.

Speaking of 757s, interesting to see a couple of National 757s in and out of Prestwick this morning using CAMBER callsigns. I wonder what / where they're up to.

Oh right. Its just i've tracked flights before and they've taken 3 hours to get here but then I suppose you have to include take off and descent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Cost Indexes are usually thrown out the window during the crossing, as you are given a specific speed to maintain. 4hrs is fairly short for a flight of about 1800nm distance.

WestJet fitting in nicely, arrived now on Stand 307 - Here's one for the DUB's :)

f6io7.jpg

• Advertisement

Its actually 1700 nm

owenc wrote: »
    Its actually 1700 nm

Hence why I said "about".. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Cost Indexes are usually thrown out the window during the crossing, as you are given a specific speed to maintain.

Emn route yes, but isn't the clearance is requested at the Mach calculated by the CI?

767s are crossing at 0.77 these days instead of 0.82, for example; that's a CI decision, not Gander / Shanwick.

Emn route yes, but isn't the clearance is requested at the Mach calculated by the CI?

CI has a variable mach depending on conditions, however the CI does not really apply across the atlantic as you must have a constant mach - You have a mach directly corresponding to your clearance from Gander or Shanwick which must be maintained, so I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

arubex wrote: »

767s are crossing at 0.77 these days instead of 0.82, for example; that's a CI decision, not Gander / Shanwick.

Correct, the pilot will make a request for the econ speed for the flight level that they're requesting. Depending on traffic ahead or behind them they may be issued an oceanic clearance which requires them to have to maintain a higher, or lower than requested speed. It's essential that all aircraft maintain their assigned speeds as the separation is based on this. Normally an aircraft FMC could be increasing or decreasing the cruise mach number during cruise depending on the aircraft weight, head/tailwinds, etc.

• Advertisement

I wonder what the time will be this time.

If it is also 4 hours this way that would be odd. Funny how the LHR one is only 20 minutes longer yet the distance is about 400 miles longer.

I can never quite get how London flights only end up being a few minutes longer.

Planes are very clear today. Can actually see the colour of the fuselage with the naked eye.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Antonov An-124 passed right over the country at about 14.30, Bellmullet to Balbriggen.
    http://www.flightradar24.com/3966d0c

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Shamrock111 B757 out of dublin? EI-LBT...standing in for a 330 or something or positioning flight? 1GH has already left to YYZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Razor44 wrote: »
    Shamrock111 B757 out of dublin? EI-LBT...standing in for a 330 or something or positioning flight? 1GH has already left to YYZ

Routing SNN-DUB-JFK today to pick up some PAX affected by T/A disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any idea what that blocked aircraft was that landed in Shannon a few mins ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N90YA passing up through the midlands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

The Irish Parachute Club's EI LAN is flying around Offaly. First time I've spotted this on FR24.

Dassault Falcon N67WB has just departed DUB for the states.

Another Falcon ,this time coming in from the west towards the North west coast is N910JW

• Advertisement

Government jet "Irish 251" currently over Wales.

A busy evening on the biz jet front, inbound from the west about to cross the country is a Dassault falcon 50, reg N990MM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

So I was messing around with the filters on FR24 and found this.
    NASA 836 F-15.
    http://fr24.com/NASA836
    And his friend
    http://fr24.com/NASA897

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

DAAR1 & DAAR17 on the ground & doing plenty of mileage at Dub. Flightradar shows them as planes but they're clearly ground ops. Any specifics on what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

DAAR1 & DAAR17 on the ground & doing plenty of mileage at Dub. Flightradar shows them as planes but they're clearly ground ops. Any specifics on what they are?

DAAR17: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89055315&postcount=2709

DAAR1, it's the same vehicle I believe.

http://www.fire-ireland.com/Dublin-Airport-Fire-and-Rescue-Service

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

Thanks for that. I see DAAA1 is out now too...Just enjoying the summer sun I hope rather than a mayday call

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ryanair training at Prestwick?

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR100/3981dfa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Psycho21 over Yorkshire:

http://www.flightradar24.com/PSYCHO21/398915a

A quick search brings up this. I wonder if it is the same Eurofighter out of Leuchars?

311195.png

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Heard today that the antonov 225 might be stopping in shannon around the end of this month/early July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Keep this thread informed if you can... I'll be down there in a flash to get a look at it if I find its coming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement