Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

urajoke wrote: »
    Fire crew at Dublin. ATC is on 30 min standby they were meant to be in but the coastguard base hasn't been built yet so they are on home standby

Ok many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

There certainly will be. In case of emergency there will have to be suitable fire cover as well as atc.
    Security and airport technical personnel also.

Just had a quick look at the notams for Snn Ork and Dub. Snn is the only one not notam'd closed today indicating full services.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

urajoke wrote: »
    Fire crew at Dublin. ATC is on 30 min standby they were meant to be in but the coastguard base hasn't been built yet so they are on home standby

Christmas day about ten years ago I think there was an emergency landing (767?) into Dublin in the afternoon, so it does happen. You might be able to look up the archives and see where it came from. I remember reading about it in the newspaper the day after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Christmas day about ten years ago I think there was an emergency landing (767?) into Dublin in the afternoon, so it does happen. You might be able to look up the archives and see where it came from. I remember reading about it in the newspaper the day after.

I said it was available as an emergency diversion airport in another thread, hence the fire crew being in.

http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY8910

A flight that was cancelled yesterday I believe

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

first post xmas delivery flight ex Shannon.

first post xmas delivery flight ex Shannon.

Are you talking the Orenair?

Go around at SNN

http://www.flightradar24.com/EI381

ETA: Seemed to go very slow on the approach, now going round again and I think diverting to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

fr336 wrote: »
    Go around at SNN

http://www.flightradar24.com/EI381

ETA: Seemed to go very slow on the approach, now going round again and I think diverting to DUB.

I was just keeping an eye on that. The wind is after picking up severely in the past couple of hours around here (an hour from Shannon). I didn't hear anything from the ATC but it looks like it's heading for DUB now

• Advertisement

I was just keeping an eye on that. The wind is after picking up severely in the past couple of hours around here (an hour from Shannon). I didn't hear anything from the ATC but it looks like it's heading for DUB now

Yep definitely going to DUB. I think there was another EI doing the same after a go around at SNN but it doesn't seem to be appearing on fr24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Just heard an aerodrome warning from shannon, winds gusting 45 knots :eek:

greenpilot wrote: »
    Just heard an aerodrome warning from shannon, winds gusting 45 knots :eek:

How do we fancy the Ryanair's chances? :p (For getting into SNN, not making a joke about the dangers)

fr336 wrote: »
    How do we fancy the Ryanair's chances? :p (For getting into SNN, not making a joke about the dangers)

Depends on minimums for a 737-800

Was that Ryanair asking for a divert?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Time to start refreshing another thread seeing as mod's didn't like us us on weather forum :)

he's requesting 10 degrees left due to weather..

he's requesting 10 degrees left due to weather..

Ah right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Time to start refreshing another thread seeing as mod's didn't like us us on weather forum :)

Yes, I think a little leeway should be granted myself, it is all relevant in the Mela of breaking weather.

I was thoroughly upset once when I and all other Cork posters were thrown off a weather forum because the "Event was a Cork only Storm" ~ I kid you knot. :)

Darius.Tr wrote: »

I have just had a post deleted from the weather forum and a threatened infraction due to me posting about the current weather conditions at Shannon. great.......

• Advertisement

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Yes, I think a little leeway should be granted myself, it is all relevant in the Mela of breaking weather.

I was thoroughly upset once when I and all other Cork posters were thrown off a weather forum because the "Event was a Cork only Storm" ~ I kid you knot. :)

Was this a typo? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

The weather conditions are fine usually but the thread did get off topic into go arounds in the last page. Benefit for me coz now I found the aviation forum again and I've two threads to watch :)

maximum gusts at shannon now 47 minimum 23

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ryanair pilots seem better at getting the birds down whenever I visit these threads, so I think we shall see great success.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Ryanair pilots seem better at getting the birds down whenever I visit these threads, so I think we shall see great success.

There are of course different aircraft types.

Any sign of the ryanair ship? its gone off my radar virtual .

Any sign of the ryanair ship? its gone off my radar virtual .

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR412L

He's gone around.

he is going around!!

Think he's going to try again then if not wants to go to DUB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Ryanair off to Dublin. There's no way that wind will drop off before tomorrow I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement