Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Hey b757 another military plane just flew low over north Bedfordshire, not sure of the model but the surveillance one with the disc on top. Not seen one before! Who's is it?

Do you mean the E-3 Sentry?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

fr336 wrote: »
    Are you in Bedfordshire?

Yeah, a village in the north.

V_Moth wrote: »
    Do you mean the E-3 Sentry?

Oh yes!

How come? Are there air restrictions around routine flights (the copter) like that, even if any Royal is on board? I'm probably sounding terribly naive here aren't I..

Ach, I was just being silly thinking about how often that would have happened in the past.

Anyway, back to planes:

BaE Systems 146 (G-TYPH):

http://www.flightradar24.com/BAE51/3b83bd8

And a Beech-200 (SE-IXC) belonging to Scandinavian Air Ambulance:

http://www.flightradar24.com/DFL14/3b8337c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Yeah, a village in the north.

Nice. I'm in a hole of a town that has an airport.

• Advertisement

Oh yes!

Nice one. Any pics?

EIKN?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

FR336 you're not referring to Luton by any chance (Bedfordshire)? Have nice memories there at an EZY assessment day in the stelios days, Nice place Luton, suppose its changed a lot since 2004 :p

Nice one. Any pics?

Only an incredibly bad iphone 4S picture. :o:pac:

9743F2DE-1E43-4329-8D39-13D68708211A-44387-00001D104B65DCDE_zps76b03b91.jpg?t=1404326796

EIKN?

:pac:

NOWHERE in Ireland can compare to this place. Never let me hear you talking like that again.

• Advertisement

Jack1985 wrote: »
    FR336 you're not referring to Luton by any chance (Bedfordshire)? Have nice memories there at an EZY assessment day in the stelios days, Nice place Luton, suppose its changed a lot since 2004 :p

Barely anything has changed, and a road or two were and are the only nice parts. The airport is also a bit lame but compared to the rest it's paradise.

KRH1 (G-XXEC) Augusta 109 also belonging to TQHF over north Wales:

http://www.flightradar24.com/KRH1/3b8486d

Ahhh unlucky. I was born in Bedford, not the best but actually is pretty nice compared to Luton!

Barely anything has changed, and a road or two were and are the only nice parts. The airport is also a bit lame but compared to the rest it's paradise.

I feel like I deserve a prize hahaha :p.. Agree though I'd say the airport has improved since 2004, was a kip back when I was there! I suppose I caught Luton on a good day ;)

I feel like I deserve a prize hahaha :p.. Agree though I'd say the airport has improved since 2004, was a kip back when I was there! I suppose I caught Luton on a good day ;)

Well as you know I'm a very generous kinda guy so your prize will be this - you can come stay here in my house in the promise land. Indefinitely. This is however no frills and I take no responsibility for anything. In return I want your house in the wasteland that is Ireland ;)

I can't believe you were in the town centre if you thought it was decent here - honestly the only nice part is along the A6 out to nicer parts of Bedfordshire. Don't think much has changed with the airport - take a look on Streetview. Terminal redevelopment shortly though I believe.

P.S. If EasyLand became RyanairLand, I might up my opinion slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Yep as FR336 points out callsign is still Aer Arann and the IATA/ICAO's still RE/REA - They should keep it, the name should not totally die off in my opinion - They have replaced ''operated by Aer Arann'' on the aircraft with ''Operated by Stobart Air'' now alright though.

Stobarts heli is giving up its call sign shortly. Once that happens the old "Arann" call sign will cease to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Stobarts heli is giving up its call sign shortly. Once that happens the old "Arann" call sign will cease to be used.

My favourite is still 'Cactus'

In return I want your house in the wasteland that is Ireland

I think I'll stick with Dublin! :D, Nice to see Luton Airport being upgraded as well!
    Growler!!! wrote: »

Ah what? Thought they'd keep it around, pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

"The Queen's Helicopter Flight" (S-76 G-XXEB) approaching north Wales:
    I am surprised they are broadcasting this...

The are required too, unless they want to be stuck in Class G airspace under visual flight rules, dodging around every area of controlled airspace.

Some of the chartered business jets that are used by the Royal household have full ADS-B and it isn't degraded when They are onboard.

Plus, of course, they shout Sparrowhawk and Kittyhawk in the clear over ATC frequencies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

Look at the Blue Bird Cargo plane that has left Dublin I think. Flight path of it is all over the place!

Blue Bird Cargo BF6810 / BBD6810

Cant post the link as im not a huge regular poster on here sadly... But its currently heading due east off the coast of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

crowther15 wrote: »
    Look at the Blue Bird Cargo plane that has left Dublin I think. Flight path of it is all over the place!

Blue Bird Cargo BF6810 / BBD6810

Cant post the link as im not a huge regular poster on here sadly... But its currently heading due east off the coast of Liverpool.

is that the A300 that just took off about 30 mins ago?
    Aircraft(A306)
    Airbus A300B4-622R(F)
    Registration(3C542D)
    D-AEAM

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

AIZ921 Arkia Israeli Airlines just took off from Dublin headed south a 757

any idea what it was in for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

AIZ921 Arkia Israeli Airlines just took off from Dublin headed south a 757

any idea what it was in for?

Summer Seasonal Charter to Tel Aviv, I think last year it used to stop off in Paris on the way the odd time.

Westair/JP McManus's G650 EI-JSK over Wales at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

An-124 crossing Dublin eastwards at 23,000 ft!

http://fr24.com/ADB1846

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yep as FR336 points out callsign is still Aer Arann and the IATA/ICAO's still RE/REA - They should keep it, the name should not totally die off in my opinion - They have replaced ''operated by Aer Arann'' on the aircraft with ''Operated by Stobart Air'' now alright though.
    Well flybe still call themselves 'Jersey' on ATC so the name may well remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Any ideas what this might be

http://fr24.com/CHOSEN11

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Dreamlifter heading across the south of the country. FL370

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

A bit late but the antonov 225 passed over Ireland this morning on its way to Paris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement