Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Not necessarily new. If they refueled in DUB carrying round trip fuel, ie from Dub to destination and back to DUB again, they may have decided to divert to SNN as they were unsure of how much longer they would remain in the hold and close to the legal safe minimums.

It's all about safety. At no point was there any danger of them "plunging" out of the sky.

Ah yeah probably a very legitimate reason right there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    What was the sense in that..If he waited he would be down on the ground now but now he is still in the air doing finals to shannon!

In hindsight you can say that.....however that EI A320 with the 1 engine post birdstrike could have had a n issue vacating the runway or even left debris on the runway. The FR captain didn't want to wait too long so he made the decision at that time with the data he had. That's why he has the 4 stripes....make the decision when you need to rather than delaying it.
    It's all about safety. At no point was there any danger of them "plunging" out of the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

On the flip side I've come back with round trip fuel giving me the ability to hold for over 2 hours. Not nice for pax or my bladder........

Bottom line is no flight/crew is the same. All airlines are subject to sometimes holding for ages or breaking off in the medium or short term. I've seen Ryanair divert less than Aer Lingus averaging the numbers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

On the flip side I've come back with round trip fuel giving me the ability to hold for over 2 hours. Not nice for pax or my bladder........

I remember doing a LPL flight one morning, 12 tonne I put on her, enough for a roundtrip to LPL - DUB / DUB - LPL 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

How come EI49T is an a332 tonight? I didnt think they had spare wide bodys in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Razor44 wrote: »
    How come EI49T is an a332 tonight? I didnt think they had spare wide bodys in the evening.

Delayed from earlier I believe..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

There's no SFO flight on Thursday, is there?

b757 wrote: »
    Delayed from earlier I believe..

Serious delay no? Normally in mid afternoon just behind 58W?

Or is it the norm on a Thursday eve for it to be a 332 and I just haven't noticed

I love this thread and aviation - saved me from a real low point in my life. Hopefully for some people I won't be around so much from now on :D Apologies if I've been at all annoying at any point (I annoy myself so I know I can be). Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Razor44 wrote: »

I think EI have a 'spare' A330 2 days per week. Perhaps Thursday is one of those days?

20-30 minutes and the EI timetable would allow you to figure that out......I'm drinking so no going to do that just now!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    There's no SFO flight on Thursday, is there?

Correct free A332 available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the aircraft in question LAX operated to AGP this morning so it's a fairly efficient use of a large aircraft on high demand routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

anyone know whats going on here? Seems to be a bit far away to be holding

http://www.flightradar24.com/BAW189/3ba0eed

anyone know whats going on here? Seems to be a bit far away to be holding

http://www.flightradar24.com/BAW189/3ba0eed

http://www.flightradar24.com/UAL941/3ba0174 is doing the same after what appears to be a go around. Interesting catch thanks

Hold on a minute what the hell? Why did the United go around at a different airport and BA hold in the same place :eek:

Loads of flights are cancelled at Newark!!

fr336 wrote: »
    Hold on a minute what the hell? Why did the United go around at a different airport and BA hold in the same place :eek:
    The united airlines flight is at only 3000 feet as well

Loads of flights are cancelled at Newark!!
    A Tap airlines just landed

Things like this are a worry with the security situation but as you said planes are landing so

Powercut at Newark

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    I think EI have a 'spare' A330 2 days per week. Perhaps Thursday is one of those days?

20-30 minutes and the EI timetable would allow you to figure that out......I'm drinking so no going to do that just now!!! :D

I know tenger :) but im to wrecked from playing football in this dam heat to go looking through EIs timetable :)

Thanks for the answers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Powercut at Newark

They had a pretty bad thunderstorm blow through last night and tonight. I'd wager that's what's causing the power problems.

The british airways flight is out of its hold but isnt heading for new jersey

Back to LHR? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

That there's some fancy flying. ;)

Screenshot2014-07-04002956_zps670bb67c.jpg

Two USAF C17's routing South of Ireland at the moment..

REACH170 09-9205 Boeing C-17A AE49C1 FL320

REACH779 07-7175 Boeing C-17A AE146D FL300, Routing by GITUS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Back to LHR? ;)

On 3 engines :D

Can't say that BA doesn't have enough fuel! Guess they're flying out of the whole bad weather area?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

It's been redirected to Toronto. Sickener for the people who were looking forward to landing in New York after 7 hours.

• Advertisement

USMC C130 out and about too..

RAIDR46 166762 KC-130J Hercules C30J AE147F US Marine Corps FL270

Edit: Passed over SE of the country heading East.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement