Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

heading to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Oh I thought he was trying again

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭space2ground1

20 knots at Dublin Airport. I'd give that an hour!

Whos that I just heard near Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

greenpilot wrote: »
    Whos that I just heard near Cork?

Santy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone else see BOS5 flying directly over Kilarney National Park right now, aren't they kind of heading for the storm? I guess they could be too high to be affected by it. Anyone more knowledgeable than me care to elaborate?

...best ATC ever........ "now....have you a biro?? "

he needs to be writing this down!!

Hehe :) I'm listening to Dublin now. I assume everything is going quiet at Shannon with so few flights on the list for the evening?

Hehe :) I'm listening to Dublin now. I assume everything is going quiet at Shannon with so few flights on the list for the evening?

There's an EI due in 18:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Annie333

Guys, how are ye listening to the ATC? I'm a newbie so I don't know:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

link in my sig

Annie333 wrote: »
    Guys, how are ye listening to the ATC? I'm a newbie so I don't know:o

Shannon: http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=einn

Dublin: http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

ATC gone quiet, im getting my ass into a B737 on VatEir to see what I can do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

When the trains in Cork got disrupted in the last storm it was ok to mention it in the weather forum but this time its warnings all round.

There were only a few comments, you would swear there was 10 pages about the diversions.

fr336 wrote: »
    There's an EI due in 18:40.

Ah yes I see. Quiet then til 9. Thats an incoming Heathrow flight. I'd imagine they'll cancel that or else half chance it with a divert to Dublin. By then even Dublin may be outside the parameters.

It'd be interesting to see did that Birmingham flight even bother taking off if its due to land at 1840 in SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

relaxed wrote: »
    When the trains in Cork got disrupted in the last storm it was ok to mention it in the weather forum but this time its warnings all round.

There were only a few comments, you would swear there was 10 pages about the diversions.

It's very poor bordering on ridiculous circling of the weather wagons moderating. Surely the effects of the storm warrant discussion at the same time as the storm discussion itself.

Edit: the weather forums loss is aviations gain. Looking forward to an interesting night here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

It's very poor bordering on ridiculous circling of the weather wagons moderating. Surely the effects of the storm warrant discussion at the same time as the storm discussion itself.

Why is MT and others, allowed to give out ship reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If Shannon is closed surely they won't take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ah yes I see. Quiet then til 9. Thats an incoming Heathrow flight. I'd imagine they'll cancel that or else half chance it with a divert to Dublin. By then even Dublin may be outside the parameters.

It'd be interesting to see did that Birmingham flight even bother taking off if its due to land at 1840 in SNN.

It's well on the way- just off Waterford though looks as though it's heading for Cork. REA35SN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Report on RTE 6 o clock news that donegal airport has been hit by lightening and is out of action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Edit: the weather forums loss is aviation a gain. Looking forward to an interesting night here.

We have the same thing with astronomy and volcanoes ~ all related to the weather of course and that causes some agitation as well.

On other independent boards, it is a policy to set up an incident thread where ALL and every related subject goes that would otherwise not be tolerated in any one or the other.

I always thought boards ie did this too, as they are just following a formula, but seemingly not anymore if they ever did.

It is frustrating.

Report on RTE 6 o clock news that donegal airport has been hit by lightening and is out of action

No lightning showing up on the Iclandic detector, this storm is not a lightning show though sporadic convection events may spin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Wind starting to pick up in NCD. Interesting times probable for DUB

EIN723 is on its way to Cork from Heathrow

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mech1 wrote: »
    Why is MT and others, allowed to give out ship reports?

I would assume that historically (and still today) ship reports are a reliable indicator of storm progress and severity.

Diversions and go-arounds are perhaps seen are a byproduct of the storm so not directly related to weather.

I saw only 2 post related to aviation......seemed non invasive to me.

Tenger wrote: »
    I saw only 2 post related to aviation......seemed non invasive to me.

On the weather forum? No, there was a lot more than two, tbh, it was like this forum posting there ~ now, IMO, in this situation I don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Just heard it,

SNN to the Shamrock 723 (London to Cork), have you a pen and paper handy to copy the weather...
    (he gives them the weather updates in General and for Cork).

two minutes later he comes back with more inland weather warnings,

Shamrock 723 replies:

"We're running out of paper at this stage"

As a side note, the pressure is currently at 969mb (near SNN) and dropping one 1mb every 15 minutes, expected to reach a low of 948mb.

What's going on here? http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN723 Not heard anything out of Cork lately

ETA: Just cleared to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

fr336 wrote: »
    What's going on here? http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN723 Not heard anything out of Cork lately ETA: Just cleared to land.

What the question? Shamrock 723 on APP into Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

On final now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement