Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bernsy

Yes Dublin have been using both 28 & 34 during the busy early morning depatures for a few years now. Only really used in the early morning to relieve the pressure for about 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

bernsy wrote: »
    Yes Dublin have been using both 28 & 34 during the busy early morning depatures for a few years now. Only really used in the early morning to relieve the pressure for about 2 hours.

Ah cool...just summer or year round?

Can't get onto fr24 due to Germans :p

Lufthansa World Cup aircraft touched down in Berlin 10 mins ago.

https://twitter.com/rowbar/status/488954334567497728/photo/1

Good view of a Ryanair on this live webcam at Gdansk airport right now Third camera down http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/airport/kamery-internetowe

• Advertisement

Did you see it, h3000? Nothing out of the ordinary but I do like watching Gdansk live! Now the same for all the Irish airports please....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

fr336 wrote: »
    Did you see it, h3000? Nothing out of the ordinary but I do like watching Gdansk live! Now the same for all the Irish airports please....

Yeah I had a quick look there, interesting enough in fairness.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Yeah I had a quick look there, interesting enough in fairness.

Your humouring of me is appreciated :D:o

Your humouring of me is appreciated :D:o

LOL!!! Honestly though it's a nice link to have. I've always had a passing interest in aircraft but only getting more active and finding all the online resources recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you're still up Oscar, what's this? http://www.flightradar24.com/B763/3d0a4f5 Looking like SNN

Boeing 767-370 from Kuwait

That's an Omni troop flight- for some reason on FR24 the omni a/c are now just appearing as "B763" and "B772" instead of their actual callsigns.

• Advertisement

That's an Omni troop flight- for some reason on FR24 the omni a/c are now just appearing as "B763" and "B772" instead of their actual callsigns.

I wonder why!! ;);)

If any CIA are in - it was him, all him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Eastern Airways Saab2000 out of Donegal
    http://www.flightradar24.com/3d1e7b0

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bernsy

Ah cool...just summer or year round?

year round , 6.30 to 8.30 (ish) is we very busy with departures.

bernsy wrote: »
    year round , 6.30 to 8.30 (ish) is we very busy with departures.

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Interesting flight over west Clare (CKS411). A civilian 747 flying a charter from McGuire AFB in Wrightstown NJ to Ramstein AFB in Germany.

I wonder what's on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lufthansa World Cup aircraft touched down in Berlin 10 mins ago.

https://twitter.com/rowbar/status/488954334567497728/photo/1

Not fair they are allowed in the cockpit :(

Is there any chance of me being able to bring my son up to the cockpit on an AerLingus flight ?

I used to go all the time when I was a kid - but I guess those **** from 9-11 have spoiled all the fun :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

the_monkey wrote: »
    Not fair they are allowed in the cockpit :(

Is there any chance of me being able to bring my son up to the cockpit on an AerLingus flight ?

I used to go all the time when I was a kid - but I guess those **** from 9-11 have spoiled all the fun :mad:

Sure there is, once its on the ground - Crew on the day will more than be accommodating. And I full agree with the later part of your post, but sure isn't a select few always ruin it for the rest?

Cockpit should never have been open when in the air - too much power for whoever to come in and take.

Cockpit should never have been open when in the air - too much power for whoever to come in and take.

Definitely since what happened on 9/11, although I've fond memories when I was a youngster flying between Cork and Dublin on Aer Lingus Commuter at the time, and the flight deck crew were more than accommodating allowing me on numerous flights in the cruise. Very different times now.

I remember one time on a night flight to Portugal going up ... amazed I was at all the dials ... another time on a flight to France the hostess lifted me up to look out the front window :D:D

Next time I fly with my son, when we land I might ask can we go into the cockpit ...

edit - thats with AerLingus ! I'd expect Ryanair would charge an extra €50 :P

• Advertisement

Next time I fly with my son, when we land I might ask can we go into the cockpit ...

Hahahaha stop...my sides are splitting...giving the masses dirt cheap fares to go to where they hardly ever went before..and the rich snobs the ability to go even more times a year! Ryanair...the biggest rip offs ever!!!!!!!

Anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvpuxK-jWa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJFC89d9IsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5hfw2vqpg

Ryanair - the friendliest, cheapest, safest airline.

I remember one time on a night flight to Portugal going up ... amazed I was at all the dials ... another time on a flight to France the hostess lifted me up to look out the front window :D:D

I remember going up to the cockpit of an Aer Lingus when I was a kid, I think it was a flight from SNN to DUB.

I also got the opportunity to steer a large passenger/car ferry for about 15 seconds on the way to the UK. We were on a scout trip and the captain asked us to do a collection for some charity or something and an invitation to the bridge was our reward.

Different times eh? It's the people who love aviation really lose out on that opportunity which is very unfortunate. Definitely do after you land it'll still be a great experience for him and I'm sure yourself :)

FFS, when did you get the job with FR? :P

I'm not sure if the rest of you watched the very first season of Airline in the UK on ITV I think it was? based on Britannia Airways (now Thomson) initially, the lengths they used to go to inviting passengers up was impressive, can see why they were so liked in the UK. And the funny thing was it was usually the petrified fliers brought up who walked off the plane more relaxed! Bring back the 90's. :P
    I remember going up to the cockpit of an Aer Lingus when I was a kid, I think it was a flight from SNN to DUB.

Long-Haul aircraft?

Jack1985 wrote: »

Long-Haul aircraft?

I think so alright but not too sure, I keep thinking it was a B747 but that could be me dreaming, it's probably over 25 years ago at this stage. Must ask my parents if they remember.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

h3000 wrote: »
    I think so alright but not too sure, I keep thinking it was a B747 but that could be me dreaming, it's probably over 25 years ago at this stage. Must ask my parents if they remember.

Prob was. EI used to do DUB-SNN-JFK/BOS with their B741's.

At one point their sold 'aircraft tour' tickets. DUB-SNN on a B747 with a cockpit visit, then a bus back to Dublin from SNN.

Tenger wrote: »

At one point their sold 'aircraft tour' tickets. DUB-SNN on a B747 with a cockpit visit, then a bus back to Dublin from SNN.

I think that could have been the very thing now that you say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Reading the last few posts reminded me of when I was a young lad and my father was a Petty Officer in the Fleet Air Arm, stationed at Yeovilton in the UK.

The Squadron he was with, 892 Squadron, had the first Phantoms and when I was at the base with him one day one of the Ground Crew was told to keep an eye on me whilst my Old fella was elsewhere.

The Crew let me ride the tow vehicle out to the 001 Phantom, sat me in the cockpit, shoved a huge helmet on my head, shut the canopy and let me 'steer' the plane all the way into the hanger.

Such excitement. As a footnote to the story, that year the 001 Phantom broke the speed record for the Transatlantic air race and the prize was a new Rolls Royce awarded to the Squadron.

TT

Hahahaha stop...my sides are splitting...giving the masses dirt cheap fares to go to where they hardly ever went before..and the rich snobs the ability to go even more times a year! Ryanair...the biggest rip offs ever!!!!!!!

Anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvpuxK-jWa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJFC89d9IsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5hfw2vqpg

Micheal ?

is that you ? :P

Jack1985 wrote: »

I'm not sure if the rest of you watched the very first season of Airline in the UK on ITV I think it was? based on Britannia Airways (now Thomson) initially, the lengths they used to go to inviting passengers up was impressive, can see why they were so liked in the UK. And the funny thing was it was usually the petrified fliers brought up who walked off the plane more relaxed! Bring back the 90's. :P

Ahh never knew Britannia turned into Thomson..makes sense with the LTN connection.

I thought Airline was easyJet? Though then again the first few series could have been someone else I seem to recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Looks like there's another Air Canada 767 heading for a stop over in Shannon. It's just over west Wales at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement