Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hot air baloon at 2,000ft when BA was 4,000ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

fr336 wrote: »
    Look at this 'Danish Air Transport' masquerading as an Aer Arann/Stobart/Aer Lingus Regional: http://www.flightradar24.com/REA32UR/3e14f11

RE hiring in extra aircraft for summer?

Been using DAT for 2 months now. You're slipping:D

2000ft is a good distance? maybe he was worried balloon would suddenly elevate?

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Been using DAT for 2 months now. You're slipping:D

You know what I have a vague recollection of it coming up before...hell I may have even mentioned it. This is what insomnia can do :(

aaronc182 wrote: »
    2000ft is a good distance? maybe he was worried balloon would suddenly elevate?

I have no idea, they're always so calm I never know what could be a risky situation. Didn't sound much at all by any measure though, I guess they were keen to warn other flights more than anything.

• Advertisement

Probable gives them better radio coverage operating there rather than above. Orbiting D5 might leave them blind on certain spots by the terrain, whereas orbiting north might reduce shadowing. Plus maybe D5 was activated quite high because of the ordnance being used safer being outside.

"Live ordanance" not being used. As I mentioned last night the Casa is acting as a relay station. Keeping all units on the ground in comms with each other.

Maybe keep an eye out later in the week. You never know, it might happen again.

And I'll come back then to explain it's acting as a relay. Again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Mech1

Got a housekeeper organised so feed should be coming back online when she resets it, anytime now.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Got a housekeeper organised so feed should be coming back online when she resets it, anytime now.

I'm actually sat here laughing..you are too much :D Amazing service, thank you Pat!! :)

And I'll come back then to tell you again that orbiting clear of the Glen will probably help it give better coverage on a more constant basis rather than portions of the orbit being behind terrain and fulfill it's tasking as a RELAY station. Like pat not being able to cover the Bray airshow from his location. I'm sure the pros choose that location for a very good reason.

It happens quite regularly in the summer that balloons from Trim etc are spotted on the approach to 10 and at times the pilots get a bit troubled by them especially when they are down at 3000ft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It happens quite regularly in the summer that balloons from Trim etc are spotted on the approach to 10 and at times the pilots get a bit troubled by them especially when they are down at 3000ft.

That hot air balloon would hardly appear on radar

And I'll come back then to tell you again

That wasn't directed at you. You obviously understand radio principles and what a "relay" does:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭weisses

Mech1 wrote: »

Housekeeper FTW

weisses wrote: »
    Housekeeper FTW

Stand by for Pat's housekeeper to switch to her favourite radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was just speaking to Aphex on here who's working at DUB and he said visibility is bad there.
    Yep and its going to get worse, forecast 200 meters in fog, 10/28 are both CATIIIA with a required RVR of 50m, I don't see any NOTAMS advising us that the facilities are downgraded to CATI.

Fog worsening at DUB.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bit of an odd one. I can't get FR24 playback to work for me. Can anyone better than me check a flyover of 2 Harriers in Spain?

Murcia-San Javier airport, (MJV) heading northwest in close line astern formation at approx 1400-1500 UTC on Tuesday 22th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Tenger wrote: »
    Bit of an odd one. I can't get FR24 playback to work for me. Can anyone better than me check a flyover of 2 Harriers in Spain?

Murcia-San Javier airport, (MJV) heading northwest in close line astern formation at approx 1400-1500 UTC on Tuesday 22th.

Quick look from 1400-1525 and nothing unusual showing up.

Were they on FR24 at the time?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

b757 wrote: »
    Quick look from 1400-1525 and nothing unusual showing up.

Were they on FR24 at the time?

Cheers for looking. I was having lunch just to the east of the airport and they flew over my head!!

It may have been a bit later, but definitely not after 1600UTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Currently visible is the Netherlands air force C130 being used for transport between the MH17 disaster and the Netherlands. Sadly I believe it is carrying the deceased.
    http://www.flightradar24.com/NAF22/3e27566

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

from to http://fr24.com/GUCAM
    Some mapping or photography.?

Beluga from Hamburg to Toulouse

http://www.flightradar24.com/BGA212/3e2d08c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Looks like it's diverting to Dub from Dubrovnik to Belfast http://fr24.com/ABR424J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

KoolKid wrote: »
    Looks like it's diverting to Dub from Dubrovnik to Belfast http://fr24.com/ABR424J

That's EI-STA, the plane that took me and the missus to Zakynthos two years ago, and which had a recent emergency landing in Cork.

Down fine at DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Had a quick look at Dubrovnik departures, Dublin and Belfast arrivals, and by the looks of it, that plane was suppose to be going to Dublin. Any idea why FR24 would have it going to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

KoolKid wrote: »
    from to http://fr24.com/GUCAM
    Some mapping or photography.?

And he's still up there...

Ahh sure he's getting the weather for it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

That might be why he's up; This Flickr photo says it's from the unit for landscape modelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Colm R wrote: »
    Had a quick look at Dubrovnik departures, Dublin and Belfast arrivals, and by the looks of it, that plane was suppose to be going to Dublin. Any idea why FR24 would have it going to Belfast.

http://www.flightradar24.com/faq/

Why is the route information not correct?
    The route is not transmitted from the aircraft. Flightradar24 is using the callsign of the flight and compare it with big databases of airline and airport schedules to find the matching flight number. With the flight number we can find out and show the route of the flight. There are many reasons why a route can be incorrect for example changed flight plans for some reason, wrong or old callsign typed in to the transponder, error in some of the schedule databases, long delay of flight which makes the schedule data match against wrong flight or some other matching problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement