Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Carrying horses this morning, used almost all of the runway and shallow climb out. Interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

http://www.flightradar24.com/FREN1/3f17269

One of a number of ground vehicles at IST. There are other ground vehicles visible at Prague and Joburg Airports.

A couple of Russian jets:

-Aeroflot Sukoi 100 Superjet (http://www.flightradar24.com/AFL1196/3f28685)

-Red Wings Tupolev 204 (http://www.flightradar24.com/IN107/3f25a74)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

That FR that was training/testing at SNN earlier is back on flight duty from SNN now..currently heading back from Krakow

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR95RY/3f293c0

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

RYR62DM squak 7700 - Cork to East Midlands currently passing close to Derby.

• Advertisement

Does a 7700 take priority in any case, whether or not the emergency is to do with the aircraft? Say an ill passenger?

It has APPARENTLY landed safely, but I'm dubious of these Twitter accounts that claim to speak in situations like these..I swear the minute I see it touch down on fr24, they're saying down safely....on the ground does not mean it's safe (though it probably is and I hope it is).

Disinformation bugs me sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »
    It has APPARENTLY landed safely, but I'm dubious of these Twitter accounts that claim to speak in situations like these..I swear the minute I see it touch down on fr24, they're saying down safely....on the ground does not mean it's safe (though it probably is and I hope it is).

Disinformation bugs me sorry

Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

It made one of the Irish news sites, they said when they contacted EMA they said 'no such emergency existed'

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    It made one of the Irish news sites, they said when they contacted EMA they said 'no such emergency existed'

:rolleyes: Other flights were definitely holding to allow it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

"BSK501" currently crossing the Irish sea, westbound, reg N739MA. Boeing 737-800

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I think, judging from FR24, that I heard the Arkia Israeli Airlines flight going over my house. Really bloody loud!

EIDW/DUB Dublin Airport IE
    Aircraft(GRND)
    ERA multilateration surface movement calibrator
    Registration(4CA44C)
    EIDW-GND
    Altitude
    0 ft Vertical Speed
    0 fpm
    Speed
    0 kt Track

Latitude
    53.4285 Longitude
    Radar
    T-EIDW18 Squawk
    N/A

Probably a grasscutter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

A rather delayed Norwegian Air Shuttle flight to JFK being operated by a Euroatlantic B772 heading our way

http://www.flightradar24.com/NAX7011/3f2b1fd

Aer Lingus just had a rabbit strike coming into DUB, all fine though (unless you were the rabbit)

Oh it was probably a hare actually wasn't it - well, they were calling it a rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

How is that possible?

How is that possible?

A plane's engines on throttle at landing coming into contact with a rabbit/hare/other animal on the runway?

id imagine that would do some sort of damage to the engine!

• Advertisement

aaronc182 wrote: »
    id imagine that would do some sort of damage to the engine!

They were checking it over

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

So the poor little bunny got sucked up into an engine? That sucks and blows. Quite literally actually - sucked up one way, blown out the other.

Reminds me of that wise saying by, er, a wise philosopher or philosophical equivalent. "Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." This may be true for the majority of weasels but what happens if one is near a runway? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How is that possible?

Very easily around DUB especially this time of the year. There are lots of them bouncing around the ramp. I spoke with a member of the Airport Fire Service about it last year and pointed out how they seemed not all that worried about bounding out in front of taxiing aircraft or getting up close and personal with aircraft starting up... His opinion was that apart from being none to clever their hearing wasn't up to much especially if they had been exposed to aircraft noise ongoing for a time.... Maybe they should be supplied with ear defenders.... Then there was the gate gourmet van I could swear was chasing one down.... Big feckers too, that engine won't be too well...

Ear defenders :D

DUB is having its grass cut at the moment that could have something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It could indeed... I don't know the nocturnal habits of the hares but maybe they were disturbed... And distributed in the case of this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Oh it was probably a hare actually wasn't it - well, they were calling it a rabbit.

Defo a Hare. After all it is a ........Hareport......:D

Probably one of the worst jokes a captain has ever told me, he consistently said it. In 3 different airports and I laughed heartily each time as young F/Os do.

Now I say it to my F/Os, they don't laugh as much.... Feckers:eek:

Dublin airport has a very large resident population of hares especially over towards the farmland north of 28. They are more than used to the aircraft. This hare strike would have nothing to do with grass cutting, it's most likely just a normal movement.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

EIDW/DUB Dublin Airport IE
    Aircraft(GRND)
    ERA multilateration surface movement calibrator
    Registration(4CA44C)
    EIDW-GND
    Altitude
    0 ft Vertical Speed
    0 fpm
    Speed
    0 kt Track

Latitude
    53.4285 Longitude
    Radar
    T-EIDW18 Squawk
    N/A

Probably a grasscutter

Much more likely to be a specific piece of equipment being used to calibrate/test the new ground movement radar systems that have recently been installed at 2 locations around the airport.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Have had a good few 7700 alerts on FR in the past few days. DLH emergency landing in Budapest. j1tomOh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Jimmy444

http://www.flightradar24.com/BOE167/3f304e9

Someone's taking a grand tour of the US in a 787 . . .

3f304e9

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement