Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Slightly over weight landing still going to have hot breaks either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Yep. Down fine. Chatting to control now re: ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Speedbird was for JFK - lot of unhappy pax I bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »

Including the pax getting ready to go to JFK to head to London, only to get told at the airport, sorry, we got no plane

billie1b wrote: »
    Including the pax getting ready to go to JFK to head to London, only to get told at the airport, sorry, we got no plane

lol yes a lot of self important people on that route I imagine - should be a hoot for BA.

Nice message of thanks from BA179 to DUB just now.

• Advertisement

Looking at it this way though and from having an ME on one of my flights at christmas and we came back to dub would ya rather i divert and a messed up few days in new york or a dead pax beside ya/on board the A/C?

andy_g wrote: »
    Looking at it this way though and from having an ME on one of my flights at christmas and we came back to dub would ya rather i divert and a messed up few days in new york or a dead pax beside ya/on board the A/C?

Well clearly. There's just no telling some people though.

If it was FR the pax would arrest the aircraft or something, despite going to New York for a tenner :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Do I have to answer that honestly Andy?? :D
    Ah no in all honesty, Medical comes first no matter what

BA was a good bit out when they had to turn back.

ScreenShot2014-08-07at000517_zpsa7468bdc.jpg

Hope the passenger is okay. Must've been serious enough.

I find it odd that it wasn't a declared emergency yet there was a sense of urgency all the way through. Moreso than in declared emergencies I've heard. Oh well all the best to the pax in question.

• Advertisement

Did they call a pan-pan? On their way in, I thought I heard them saying to DUB something about a pan and DUB replying, "Yes, pan acknowledged". I may have heard incorrectly.

BA crew tend only to request the emergency if they think its a dire need from what im told by friends working there.
    Also a lot of ex RAF crew in BA again recently.

bronn wrote: »
    Did they call a pan-pan? On their way in, I thought I heard them saying to DUB something about a pan and DUB replying, "Yes, pan acknowledged". I may have heard incorrectly.

You're absolutely right. I heard it a few times. Was a 'pan' rather than a pan pan though; they are two individual things, right?

Also a lot of ex RAF crew in BA again recently.

Ahh hence the speeding across Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

The speeding and the arguements if they dont get the routings they want yup sounds like some of the old crusties i flew with a few years ago.

Although since taking a left seat i tend to F and blind them for the duration of the flight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

You're absolutely right. I heard it a few times. Was a 'pan' rather than a pan pan though; they are two individual things, right?

Only a Pan Pan, ATC may shorten it to simply Pan but it is the same thing.

Nothing to do with the med emergency, no:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Do they not just offload the sick passenger and get on their way again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

VP-BOB,B737-BBJ inbound Shannon.

• Advertisement

keith16 wrote: »
    Do they not just offload the sick passenger and get on their way again?

Crew would be out of hours landing in JFK.

b757 wrote: »

I can't see anything mate

I can't see anything mate

She was on the ground at LHR, gone now.

b757 wrote: »
    Crew would be out of hours landing in JFK.

Of course. So I guess, back to Heathrow, PAX re-booked, JFK - LHR cancelled and PAX on that side also re-booked?

Not out of the question for the crew to stop at DUB while BA send over a new ac and crew to get over to JFK asap? It is a big route.

VP-BOB,B737-BBJ inbound Shannon.

Who would that be now?

If they send out a new crew the same A/C will be used and the original crew posted back to LHR on the next sched flight.

Or they'll overnight them and they would fly the sector tomorrow as for tonight they missed/cancelled the oceanic clearance to get that reissued is fairly expensive and the airline more than likely wont be interested.

Exceptions to the above was when the volcano went off a few years ago.

If they send out a new crew the same A/C will be used and the original crew posted back to LHR on the next sched flight.

Or they'll overnight them and they would fly the sector tomorrow as for tonight they missed/cancelled the oceanic clearance to get that reissued is fairly expensive and the airline more than likely wont be interested.

Exceptions to the above was when the volcano went off a few years ago.

It must be hugely frustrating for the PAX, they look to be halfway there and then told, sorry, we're going back!

Medical Emergency also seems to be a very common occurrence. Ah well, nothing you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Quite a beauty is VP-BOB inside

• Advertisement

Quite a beauty is VP-BOB inside

I could do without that carpet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement