Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Came from LA or that general area of California.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I was looking at FR24 today and in one way, it's an incredible piece of technology. One westbound flight from JFK - AMS was cruising at 39zero.

Another flight eastbound was only at 29zero (from MAN to somewhere in the Caribbean).

The cruising difference of ~ 10k ft was noticeable to the human eye (my one) as I stared up at them passing one another. But I think it was only noticeable because of how much I know about aviation thanks to boards.ie and FR24 (confirming the difference in cold hard data).

Basically, I like planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Great video from billie1b of the BA 777 LHR-JFK that was diverted to DUB last night taking off from DUB-JFK this evening

He's currently banned from posting here so don't thank this post thank one of his please :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭weisses

fr336 wrote: »
    Great video from billie1b of the BA 777 LHR-JFK that was diverted to DUB last night taking off from DUB-JFK this evening

He's currently banned from posting here so don't thank this post thank one of his please :cool:

I thought it was the plane i heard at 0.22 :o:o

silly me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

• Advertisement

Is it the same crew on the transmissions?

I have no idea:o

All the transatlantic flight are marked on fr as cancelled yet they are all in the air

I have no idea:o

All the transatlantic flight are marked on fr as cancelled yet they are all in the air

Where does it say cancelled?

fr336 wrote: »
    Where does it say cancelled?
    Click on dublin airport then arrivals

feelt_admiral, it's also showing others from LHR...what is going on that can't be totally random

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Defo a flight radar24 problem as a load of wiz air due into Luton are saying cancelled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Hmmm, it's showing cancelled flights all over the shop. LHR, Brussels, Amsterdam, Frankfurt. Very strange.

Time to switch to planefinder? :pac:

It's a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Pullmantur Air B744 over NI on a miltary charter from Calgary.

http://fr24.com/PLM4011

Just had a BA A380 fly over me at 10,000ft. It makes its presence felt, doesn't it

EI-DMG about to cross the irish sea, just at Southport currently showing as "C441" on flightradar.

Interesting one currently over Blackpool. KAF3229. Its a C130J. an extended range tanker version of the C130.

EI-DMG about to cross the irish sea, just at Southport currently showing as "C441" on flightradar.

Dawn Meats Group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

http://www.flightradar24.com/RAU1/404cf70

Ugandan Government Government Gulfstream G550 South of Waterford at the moment.

5X-UGF FL450

• Advertisement

KZ182 just after passing over Cork there. It's a Nippon cargo 747-4. Flying Anchorage to Chicago according to FR24. Seems a little bit off course if so! :pac:

Actually, it's going to Hahn. FR24 is still a bit broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

KZ182 just after passing over Cork there. It's a Nippon cargo 747-4. Flying Anchorage to Chicago according to FR24. Seems a little bit off course if so! :pac:

http://www.flightradar24.com/faq/

Why is the route information not correct?
    The route is not transmitted from the aircraft. Flightradar24 is using the callsign of the flight and compare it with big databases of airline and airport schedules to find the matching flight number. With the flight number we can find out and show the route of the flight. There are many reasons why a route can be incorrect for example changed flight plans for some reason, wrong or old callsign typed in to the transponder, error in some of the schedule databases, long delay of flight which makes the schedule data match against wrong flight or some other matching problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ryanair/Flydubai lease/hybrid livery on a SNN-Stansted flight this morning

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR1Y/406da47

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It'll have had less onboard than it started out with, watching some of the docu's about airlines it's usual the premium passengers that will get flights rearranged first for those that need to be in New York urgently.
    Happened to be years ago from LHR-DFW, BA went technical after we had sat onboard for about 5 hours, they finally took us off and offered alternative flights, i got offered LHR-JFK on Concorde :):) Unfortunately too many others accepted it before me :( Ended up in a hotel and took the same flight the following day.

And to think if you won the Euromillions you still probably wouldn't be able to fit the aircraft, let alone buy the thing in the first place.
    This one is for rent, so you could at least take your buddies to Ibiza for the weekend :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Happened to be years ago from LHR-DFW, BA went technical after we had sat onboard for about 5 hours, they finally took us off and offered alternative flights, i got offered LHR-JFK on Concorde :):) Unfortunately too many others accepted it before me :( Ended up in a hotel and took the same flight the following day.

That must have been a great sweetener for BA to have in its customer service armory :D

Sure my first airline flew dc3's and im not that old lol
    Same here, my Chief Pilot became a Captain on the DC3 at the age of 22 :) He will celebrate 51 years of service next month with the last 32 years flying 747's.
    they missed/cancelled the oceanic clearance to get that reissued is fairly expensive and the airline more than likely wont be interested.
    Andy_g, do you have a reference for this? due to the type of flying that i do, we regularly delay flights or have flights at short notice, i haven't heard about specific costs and they certainly aren't mentioned in ICAO DOC 007.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

EK161 from Dubai to Dublin http://fr24.com/UAE161
    Emirates 777 arriving into DUB
    Is this a regular flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

KoolKid wrote: »
    EK161 from Dubai to Dublin http://fr24.com/UAE161
    Emirates 777 arriving into DUB
    Is this a regular flight?

Yep, she's in every day, soon to be double daily if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

http://fr24.com/LGT1 - Boeing 737 BBJ en route to SNN, FL24 shows it as NAS-SNN but that must be an error as it's currently over the North Wales Coast (bit of a diversion from the Bahamas!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement