Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

roundymac wrote: »
    Just noticed that EI Regional are showing up on flightradar 24 with Stobart call signs even though they are operating with EI flight numbers, eg; Cork-Bristol EI 3842 showing on Flt24 as STK42BR.

Stobart are the parent company who operate franchise agreements with both EI Regional and Flybe.

It was the same when it was aer Arann.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

McManus is on the go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Michael O'Leary is in New York today and travelling to Seattle tomorrow to take delivery of the first of the next Ryanair aircraft order from Boeing to be flown back to Dublin. Unconfirmed if MOL will be flying it back himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

fr336 wrote: »
    Michael O'Leary is in New York today and travelling to Seattle tomorrow to take delivery of the first of the next Ryanair aircraft order from Boeing to be flown back to Dublin. Unconfirmed if MOL will be flying it back himself :pac:

I wonder how he got there in the first place? Did he borrow a company 737 and skip it via Keflavic and Gander, and multihop it to Seattle thereafter? :)

Perish the thought that he'd travel in one of them Lingus things belonging to the auld enemy!!

I wonder how he got there in the first place? Did he borrow a company 737 and skip it via Keflavic and Gander, and multihop it to Seattle thereafter? :)

Perish the thought that he'd travel in one of them Lingus things belonging to the auld enemy!!

I heard he swam and raised a few billion for charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I heard he swam and raised a few billion for charity.

Indeed! A recent video show's him to be a very capable man when surrounded with cold icy water (fair play to him for that!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

If it was just him, his Air hostess and the 2 pilots, he'd make it non-stop to New York. He flies Air Lingus quite often too, he says 'he likes to see how the competition get by' :D

Someone would have spotted an FR going across the Atlantic, he probably travelled in style on EI ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm surprised at you fr336 for not noticing aircraft in a hold at LTN due to a suspect device in departures at the airport.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm surprised at you fr336 for not noticing aircraft in a hold at LTN due to a suspect device in departures at the airport.

This is a Ryanair / Boeing orchestrated conspiracy against fr336. Thanks though :eek:

• Advertisement

Flight out of LTN, speaks for itself, news will probably be rolling with the story for another hour though http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR10FP/446f4e1

Luton's evacuation area doesn't seem exactly wide if there were a bomb to go off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Unusual looking flight: UTS156 - Ukraine State Air Traffic Service

http://www.flightradar24.com/UTS156/446a4e1

Well according to some of the Twitter mob, LTN closed until 7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He has done in the past. Well - Not quite flying it himself but travelling as a passenger.

In her book Ryanair: How a Small Irish Airline Conquered Europe Siobhán Creaton claims he used to pack a sleeping bag on his visits to Boeing to collect the first of a new order of aircraft and kip down in the aisle of the cabin on the trip back to Dublin !

Police confirm controlled explosion occurring at Luton Airport.

Live shots on Sky News from helicopter over Luton.

All now safe at Luton.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

greenpilot wrote: »
    18,000 feet 445 knots....nice!

And at some stage yesterday it was doing some serious converting of fuel to noise at levels that can't be allocated a FL number in the Portrush area, and very nice to see it was.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The GLF5 inbound Shannon now is N848JA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Someone would have spotted an FR going across the Atlantic, he probably travelled in style on EI ;)

Saw MOL interview on Bloomberg said he flew United out of Dublin

• Advertisement

Saw MOL interview on Bloomberg said he flew United out of Dublin

:D

Thanks for the Bloomberg hint :)

Apologies if I'm boring anyone with this now but O'Leary said they'll be flying back the first new Ryanair delivery from Seattle to DUB overnight Tuesday-Wednesday. Not sure what timezone that overnight will be :D How long Seattle to DUB? They need a fuel stop right?

Apologies if I'm boring anyone with this now but O'Leary said they'll be flying back the first new Ryanair delivery from Seattle to DUB overnight Tuesday-Wednesday. Not sure what timezone that overnight will be :D How long Seattle to DUB? They need a fuel stop right?

I thought the first delivery was in 2019. He only ordered them today!

Growler!!! wrote: »
    I thought the first delivery was in 2019. He only ordered them today!

Oh no no..I mean the start of next deliveries for the current 737-800 range. I've not been around for one of these Atlantic delivery crossings before, I'm sure I'll be disappointed :D:o

I thought it was fast alright.

If I order something off eBay today I'd be lucky to get it next week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

He will be on board EI-FEE so....

Yes was up for a second test flight I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

http://www.flightradar24.com/FRF100/447b0d8

Long aul spin in a Saab 340..... Birmingham to what looks like Porto or Lisbon!!

And here she is at Boeing Field!

pic.twitter.com/7mErSP5ubn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

B737-800's can make it from Everett to Dublin non stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement