Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Nippon Cargo B744 freighter eastbound over Galway. Occasionally pass over us

http://fr24.com/NCA6054

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

CWY2103 7700

http://www.flightradar24.com/CWY2103/464eb91

[edit] off radar now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anyone listing in tonight hear of any reports of aircraft report being lazed tonight on the approach to 28 ? I was on the EI407 from FCO sitting on the left and we definitely got a blast from some retarded ****wits... Looked to be Coolock where the source was coming from but it was strong. Is this a common issue at DUB these days ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Strumms wrote: »
    Anyone listing in tonight hear of any reports of aircraft report being lazed tonight on the approach to 28 ? I was on the EI407 from FCO sitting on the left and we definitely got a blast from some retarded ****wits... Looked to be Coolock where the source was coming from but it was strong. Is this a common issue at DUB these days ? :mad:

Whenever I do be listening to DUB in the busy evening period for a good while I almost always hear reports of laser attacks. What time would that have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

fr336 wrote: »
    Whenever I do be listening to DUB in the busy evening period for a good while I almost always hear reports of laser attacks. What time would that have been?

we touched down at 22.38 by my reckoning. Never noticed it personally at DUB but several times going into MAN in the past... Do people seriously have nothing better to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Strumms wrote: »

sadly, theres a portion of people living in Ireland these days, that just have nothing between their two ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N50JE currently passing over the midlands eastbound

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

This Air Lingus (Retro) coming in from Alicante.

Is it an old plane or a new plane painted in a retro style?

EI-DVM-Aer-Lingus-Airbus-A320-200_PlanespottersNet_514105.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Overflying Dublin at 09:25 from the west is Colombian-registered G200 HK-4907

http://fr24.com/GALX

• Advertisement

Bombardier Global 5000 about to cross the country west/east. reg is 9H-VTB. Also "CDR308" departed Shannon about 20 minutes ago currently over the irish sea.

N101QS currently passing over Derry. Another Bombardier Global 5000. and over the Irish sea,westbound is a Falcon 50. reg N195SV. busy morning on the biz jet front!

G-BZFN ,a british Bulldog 121, showing on FR just airborne from the Isle of Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This Air Lingus (Retro) coming in from Alicante.

Is it an old plane or a new plane painted in a retro style?

One of the newest planes in the entire fleet, from 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Anyone know what the dashed grey line means? Only noticed it recently

323222.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Danbo! wrote: »
    Anyone know what the dashed grey line means? Only noticed it recently

323222.png

Yeah noticed that as well in the past few days... Perhaps the transmitter was out of coverage or wasn't sending data and it's the suspected flight path during the outage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yeah noticed that as well in the past few days... Perhaps the transmitter was out of coverage or wasn't sending data and it's the suspected flight path during the outage

That's exactly it

I saw a weird one the other day. Tried to do a mock-up in the attachment.

The plane was going eastbound from the US to Europe and it was around the location of the plane that I hightlighted (except going europe bound). Coming back they usually take the hop across the pond option at the lower latitude, but the grey line for the missing section went back up to Greenland and arched back down to its location... was odd... I thought it would have been smart enough to realise that it didn't take that route...

323225.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Significant holding going on currently with approaches to Dublin. One divert to Aldergrove just requested. Anyone any ideas what's going on?

Edit:as many as 12 holding...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Is it normal to see this amount of holding at Dublin?

US Airways.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yeah, plenty of holding going on. Looks like the Philadelphia flight broke off its approach and went into the hold. Any ideas?

Broken off approach again. Some stuff diverting. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Listening to the ATC. They're diverting planes to Shannon. Security operation they said. Heard something about a helicopter but didn't catch it all.

ATC reporting security operation underway near the field with a helicopter in the area. Expect delays of 20mins but some flights looking at their alternates. Some departures getting out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

They mentioned on atc that there will be no departures for about 15 mins to let all aircraft holding to land...No mention of why the holding tho.

Aer Lingus Dublin-bound flights inbound from Manchester and Birmingham are now landing at Aldergrove.

EIN203 / EIN263

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Any idea what this situation is about? Just had a glance at the Shannon departures and was wondering why there were 4 FR and 1 EI aircraft departing for Dublin in a short time period.

Just seen there was a shooting in Balbriggan this morning. The Garda chopper being involved in the response may have something to do with the disrupted incoming traffic

The Garda chopper being involved in the response may have something to do with the disrupted incoming traffic

Isn't it about time they addressed that problem?

The PSNI and AAC helis at Aldergrove are never permitted to interfere with traffic, they are routed around. Occasionally request passage through the overhead but not cleared below 3,000 ft.

Recently a PSNI Islander was operating a few miles out on the departure route from Belfast City airport and the traffic was sent out over-and-under him. Impressive to watch!

Could be this as well in Malahide. Seems closer... http://www.thejournal.ie/malahide-kidnapping-1689376-Sep2014/

• Advertisement

I may have given wrong information earlier as there was a separate and very serious security issue around the Malahide Rd earlier today involving kidnapping and the discharge of firearms. In such situations I don't think anyone could object to a response that would cause disruption to aviation, particularly where there is a threat to life. However disruption just to avoid "simple inconvenience" to a chopper crew would be unacceptable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement