Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Approaching the west coast is a Boeing 747-200 series of Kalitta Air. reg N794CK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Do some flights not show up on fr? I know some are invisible deliberately but my parents in law are currently sitting on aa93 to Chicago but the flight isnt listed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Do some flights not show up on fr? I know some are invisible deliberately but my parents in law are currently sitting on aa93 to Chicago but the flight isnt listed

Some older and/or smaller planes don't show up due to the type of transponder they use for which coverage isn't as good.

AAL93 should show up but might currently be over the ocean and out of range - you should be able to see if later on in the flight.

AAL93 did not show up on Flight radar24 fleet admiral. it was operated by N371AA, B767. If you go to https://planefinder.net/data/flight/AA93 you can follow it on departure from DUB at 1022 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

That N371AA one is quite odd, it's still broadcasting full ADS-B but FR24 has ignored it since 24th September.

Perhaps it has done some CAMBER flights and AA have requested that it be elided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Anyone know if the antonov 124 is still at shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Snowc it left just after midnight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Razor44 wrote: »
    anyone know why EIN125 took off from Rwy10? when 28 has been used all day? i see flights are back landing on 28 now? confused!

When winds are light, runway 10 is sometimes preferred at DUB for performance reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Flightradar24.com
    8 minutes ago
    5x Airbus A350 out on formation flight. 2 have transponders off, probably to avoid TCAS (collision) alerts.

A Corvette aircraft is flying beside and taking pictures of the formation flight. But the Corvette is tracked with MLAT which needs a couple of seconds processing time, so it's shown a bit behind the A350's.

http://www.flightradar24.com/CARBON1/4729048

http://www.flightradar24.com/CARBON2/472970c

http://www.flightradar24.com/CARBON5/4729738

http://www.flightradar24.com/FGPLA/4729de0

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Looking good with the 350's

323593.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Is it just me or lately do Twitter links not appear correctly on Boards when using photos? For instance I can't view the above (but found it myself using the Twitter username)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Razor44 wrote: »
    anyone know why EIN125 took off from Rwy10? when 28 has been used all day? i see flights are back landing on 28 now? confused!

As EI said, there is better performance off 10 due to its marginal downslope and very marginally longer ASDA. Also 28 is ATCs preferred runway up to 5kts tailwind, so there may have been a tailwind that lighter aircraft were willing to put up with. Add to that that Chicago flights are carrying an hour extra fuel on top of normal reserves after the incident on Friday at ORD, I'd say the 125 crew insisted on the runway with best performance as they probably didn't have much wiggle room.

Air Contractors EI-SLH just departed Shannon on a positioning flight "ABR001P" and the CL30 inbound is OE-HCZ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Anyone any idea who this Gulfstream IV is or what they're up to? Passed overhead as it left EICK at half 9 and now departing EINN West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

It's reg is N427SA and it's going to Newark according to RadarBox24.
    It's a rental belonging to Starbase Aviation and it costs $5600 per hour to hire so whoever is in it has a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Maybe I'm wrong but this type is an unusual visitor to our skies. A Volotea Boeing 717.

65830de66a5b86ccba5b2f559118297d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Volotea have been flying Palma-Cork charters this summer. They have no less than 15 717's which is pretty rare these days

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

love this thread. was part of the airport for 25 years can hopefully add to this over time.

• Advertisement

love this thread. was part of the airport for 25 years can hopefully add to this over time.

DUB?! Welcome, btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

Yea in Dublin :) wouldn't go else where lol

Yea in Dublin :) wouldn't go else where lol

Awesome..what doing?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Aal returning to London
    AA81 from London to Dallas http://fr24.com/AAL81

tom_k wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but this type is an unusual visitor to our skies. A Volotea Boeing 717.

One was in Dublin last weekend, but SAS have a daily B717 flight into dublin flown by blue 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's reg is N427SA and it's going to Newark according to RadarBox24.
    It's a rental belonging to Starbase Aviation and it costs $5600 per hour to hire so whoever is in it has a few quid!
    Thanks! Didn't even occur to me to check one of the other sites to get the reg, I'm getting rusty. It was on the tail-feathers of a BD-100 leaving Shannon so very curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

tom_k wrote: »

I took this on Saturday morning at Dublin Airport

598a_zpsd5059034.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Lufty MD11 just dropping into EIDW right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

tricky D wrote: »
    Lufty MD11 just dropping into EIDW right now.

Saw it alright pass over Clonshaugh on approach. Any ideas when its departing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Approaching the west coast is a Boeing 747-200 series of Kalitta Air. reg N794CK
    I saw it as it got nearer to Dublin. It was at 37,000 and the sun was glinting off it. Long contrails behind it too. It being so glinty was what caught my eye so I checked it out. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement