Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

b757 wrote: »
    Dublin bound as far as I know.. ;)

http://www.flightradar24.com/SVA9095/479554b

I expect a bit of a look over from the Mtce guys and a paintjob before its goes into EI service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Tenger wrote: »
    I expect a bit of a look over from the Mtce guys and a paintjob before its goes into EI service.
    Are Aer Lingus really as good at Maintaining their aircraft as they are rumoured to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Possibly :) :P
    Are Aer Lingus really as good at Maintaining their aircraft as they are rumoured to be?

Yes, very.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

There's a plane here in Shannon just as I'm boarding with United States Of America written down the side looks a lot like air force one but obviously not, What is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

WIFI, IFE, seats etc. Would it not take a bit longer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This post has been deleted.

What's the story? He arrived or departing shortly?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

fr336 wrote: »
    What's the story? He arrived or departing shortly?

A lot of US delegates from Europe use SNN as a stop off point on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I hope that they do something to the interior before it goes into EI service, whilst the call sign is Saudia, the aircraft is AirAsiaX which was on charter to Saudia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hello FR24 thread, sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. Happy birthday.

So I moved to Switzerland, aaand.....needless to say have been keeping an eye on FR24 here to see if there is anything unusual.

I have noticed fairly often that arrivals into Zurich will fly almost directly over the airport before making an approach....visual check becuase ILS is turned off???? See below pic.

2gLrO3f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

http://www.flightradar24.com/BLOCKED/47a0d83

Anyone know why its blocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

kb98 wrote: »

pffft.....I bet they have their phone number withheld too :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

OO-VLI departed Shannon a short time ago. City jet Fokker 50. for Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

Will it take on its old reg again when it goes into EI service? EI-EWR??

keith16 wrote: »

So I moved to Switzerland

..............As you do. Jealous!

Does anyone know if you can set up email alerts for squawk 7700 without a premium account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Does anyone know if you can set up email alerts for squawk 7700 without a premium account?

just pm Fr336 im sure if he had your mobile number you would be well sorted:D

Mech1 wrote: »

Not really sure what you mean?

Not really sure what you mean?

*facepalm* get it now hahha how did i miss the joke :o

• Advertisement

Mech1 wrote: »

Best backhanded compliment I've ever had ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

If your on Twitter follow @airlivenet. They post about all alert squawks. Maybe there's a way of making their tweets push an alert to your phone or email?
    They post alot though so it might be annoying ;)

Antonov AN-124 about to cross the country. west-east. RA-82046

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Antonov AN-124 about to cross the country. west-east. RA-82046
    Will that be a noisy fecker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Will that be a noisy fecker?

Was wondering that myself so I stuck my head outside the back door for a minute but it's so windy here it'd have drowned him out at 500ft :pac:

He passed just south of Dublin. and as you say Tom_k ,it would of been to windy to hear. fleet_admiral, on a clear night ,yes definitely , a different sound to a regular high flying aircraft but not to noisy.

Just passing wexford inbound Shannon is an Omni "B772" . the Reg is N927AX

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Couldn´t find this one in the Playback section, but I have seen it regularly with Testing flights for the "A400 Grizzly " out of the Airbus Factory in Seville. They often spend several hours at a time circling the Alboran Sea regularly joined by refueling aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Razor44 wrote: »
    Will it take on its old reg again when it goes into EI service? EI-EWR??

Most likely, this is the norm. Previous EI returns in the distant past had this done (the 747s for instance)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Here's an odd one slipping through the FR24 mil filter:

http://fr24.com/0X0CKGA

Serial suggests it's a Canadian CP-140 Aurora ( Canuckized P-3 ) heading SE over Prestwick area. Speed seems about right for that, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement