Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Couple of Beechcraft about on this Friday afternoon. M-SPOR is inbound to Knock and on descent into Shannon is PH-KBB.

Any chance more people could put up actual screenshots of what you're posting as when you merely link to the page the info/aircraft expires quite quickly. Whereas a screenshot of what you are talking about won't. No point in telling us such an such aircraft is doing unusual stuff if 30mins later when someone sees your post the link shows nothing.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Tenger wrote: »
    I expect a bit of a look over from the Mtce guys and a paintjob before its goes into EI service.

What aircraft type is this that you are talking about?

Edit: is it this guy coming back? http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Airbus/A330/330,EI-EWR-Aer-Lingus.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Any chance more people could put up actual screenshots of what you're posting as when you merely link to the page the info/aircraft expires quite quickly. Whereas a screenshot of what you are talking about won't. No point in telling us such an such aircraft is doing unusual stuff if 30mins later when someone sees your post the link shows nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Ideally yeah but a lot of people are either busy or tired. I'd rather something than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Turbo prob low over the west not on FR24 tho.

• Advertisement

City jet Fokker 50, OO-VLR , currently en route back to Shannon from Cardiff. approaching wexford at this time.

whereabouts are you Breanach?

whereabouts are you Breanach?

South Galway.

City jet Fokker 50, OO-VLR , currently en route back to Shannon from Cardiff. approaching wexford at this time.

Cardiff blues going home from their draw!

Edit. Cardiff to shannon? How did I hear it in the west and then it's over Wexford

no it wasn't OO-VLN you heard, that's only on the way to Shannon now. you most probably heard a C130 herc. had a eastern airways jetstream into knock today aswel for that game.

• Advertisement

no it wasn't OO-VLN you heard, that's only on the way to Shannon now. you most probably heard a C130 herc. had a eastern airways jetstream into knock today aswel for that game.

Sounded like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Does anyone know If the army have a runway in the curragh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

fr336 wrote: »
    Ideally yeah but a lot of people are either busy or tired. I'd rather something than nothing.

I appreciate that it just means the shelf life of the post without it is minutes.

Anyway sorry for going off topic.

I appreciate that it just means the shelf life of the post without it is minutes.

Anyway sorry for going off topic.

I totally understand, personally I'll try and remember myself in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Not seen that altitude on fr24 before! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Heads-up Athlone! At 08:15 a 727 is approaching you from the west...

http://fr24.com/VPBAP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

arubex wrote: »
    Heads-up Athlone! At 08:15 a 727 is approaching you from the west...

http://fr24.com/VPBAP

And not a "standard" 727 by the look of the pics posted, it's got winglets on it, and they were not a standard fitting from Boeing. Also interesting is the height it's at , FL400, that's also impressive for an aircraft that was designed a very long time ago. I suspect it's moving at some speed too.

Serious range too, it's currently descending over Poland, towards Warsaw, though point of departure is not certain, FR24 is showing Ottawa, which is considerably further than ferry range, so that has to be suspect.

Friend of mine used to fly them, and he reckons it was one of the best aircraft he every flew, and he flew a good few.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

And not a "standard" 727 by the look of the pics posted, it's got winglets on it, and they were not a standard fitting from Boeing. Also interesting is the height it's at , FL400, that's also impressive for an aircraft that was designed a very long time ago. I suspect it's moving at some speed too.

a bit of digging in the interwebz seems to say it has a pair of JT8D-200 installed along with its winglets! no idea you could upgrade 727's.

NZ1 LHR-LAX just north of scotland now has New Zealand Rugby Livery
    http://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ1/47dd0e7

kb98 wrote: »
    NZ1 LHR-LAX just north of scotland now has New Zealand Rugby Livery
    http://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ1/47dd0e7

Caught it in London last month

Air New Zealand Boeing 777-319ER ZK-OKQ All Blacks http://flic.kr/p/oRyzDj

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Aircraft approaching DUB reporting laser attack around darndale.

Caught it in London last month

Air New Zealand Boeing 777-319ER ZK-OKQ All Blacks http://flic.kr/p/oRyzDj

So nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

KoolKid wrote: »
    Aircraft approaching DUB reporting laser attack around darndale.

There are places on this earth where doing that would result in a response somewhere between immediate arrest and a drone strike. :mad: Muppetry of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

A380 and a 747sp, flying over munster at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There are places on this earth where doing that would result in a response somewhere between immediate arrest and a drone strike. :mad: Muppetry of the highest order.

I wonder how serious the Gardai take it and what response is given.. seemingly its a regular occurance and as i reported in another thread we were lazed on approach a couple of weeks ago roughly from the same area. However i can see how difficult it would be to track down the culprits.. any sign of a Garda response well lets say a small laser is easy to put away even if they could find the source..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement