Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is this sneaking into SNN? http://www.flightradar24.com/4804d8c

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

5N-BKI McDonnell Douglas 82, no callsign, keeps going off radar, military? was heading in over galway for shannon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Delivery flight, been in storage @ TUS since 2009.

b757 wrote: »
    Delivery flight, been in storage @ TUS since 2009.

Wowza

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Just landed in Dublin, tis wendy and a bit rough but solid enough landing all the same.

• Advertisement

Just landed in Dublin, tis wendy and a bit rough but solid enough landing all the same.

Well done homer, I knew you could get it down no trouble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Right, what did I miss?

billie1b wrote: »
    Right, what did I miss?

:pac::pac::pac: Nothing, m'lord.

fr336 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: Nothing, m'lord.

Cool, was otherwise engaged for the evening

Cool, was otherwise engaged for the evening

Weren't flying into Cork were you? Not that there would be any reason you couldn't, obviously...

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Weren't flying into Cork were you? Not that there would be any reason you couldn't, obviously...

I was flying high alright but not on a plane :D

I was flying high alright but not on a plane :D

Wow, and that ladies and gents is one for the memoirs

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Right, what did I miss?

Not a lot, other than some tortuous low level guided tours of North Leinster, I was watching FR24 for a while, and some of the crews landing on 16 this evening must have been wondering where they were going. Relatively low level from BAL up to beyond Ardee before coming back round the long way (270 degree turn ) to get on to the 16 approach must have been uncomfortable in this weather, and it took some time to do it

Another weird routing was a Stobart flight coming down from Scotland, he ended up making at least 2 90 degree turns as he was coming down the east coast before being vectored on to the approach.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

57F69F991BB64A13B3D1E709543405E2-0000371550-0003678388-00400L-C5D13612298040979F9946EF55C235F9.jpg

How some of tonight's crews feel when reading this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

That's a new one in the panoply of Ryanair ground-test callsigns; EI-DLW currently online at Prestwick as MURCHIE.

Presumably an in-joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Lucky devils in Drogheda have two Martinair MD-11s heading westwards to them in trail. One is at just 28,000ft! Would be a splendid sight.

http://fr24.com/MPH1155

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Do any of ye work in the aviation industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Some do but not me, I'm an engineer with a great love for aviation :)

Hate getting on the damn things though :D

kb98 wrote: »

Yeah

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Used to, still sort of involved but not professionally. and would still enjoy being involved if the right opportunity came along.

Would have been a very different story if it hadn't been for Saddam.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

According to my job description, I DO.....but that doesn't stop me from plane spotting :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I'm not a frequent poster here and bar a long standing love of aircraft, I've no other connection with the industry. Some posters here obviously work in the industry and some don't. Irrespective, many are very knowledgeable and I for one appreciate them freely sharing that knowledge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Im not feckin involved, I got feckin tricked into the situation im in! I was happy enough reading the feckin weather forum every feckin now and again.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Im not feckin involved, I got feckin tricked into the situation im in! I was happy enough reading the feckin weather forum every feckin now and again.

You got tricked into it but by god you are the best and have the best feed

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Radio 1 rreporting two FR planes touched wing tips near a runway at Dublin this morning. No injuries reported.
    Edit: there's a thread open as well but on phone so no linky

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Yes. Living the dream

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Tk12 jfk-ist is currently down to 19000 feet southwest of the country and has turned towards SNN not squawking an emergency code may be a medical diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Very low flying large aircraft flying over north kerry just now 10.50. Any idea what it was or where it was going and why so low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

BZ wrote: »
    Tk12 jfk-ist is currently down to 19000 feet southwest of the country and has turned towards SNN not squawking an emergency code may be a medical diversion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    adam88 wrote: »
    Very low flying large aircraft flying over north kerry just now 10.50. Any idea what it was or where it was going and why so low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Growler!!! wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What sort of plane,,,,,, I think it was lower than 19000. What call sign is tk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement