Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

A345 about to pass over dublin...rare enough animal

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img913/8878/9Ukc8X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Whats this Ryanair doing in an uncomfortably long hold over Shannon at 850 in the morning on a Sunday? They've looped 8, 9, 10 times and one has taken off from Shannon in the meantime?

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR103/48d0741

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Fog in shannon this morning.

Aircraft can take off in lower visibility than they can land in.

For our crowd its takeoff in 125m vis, land in 300m vis

I didn't even think about fog, yeah that would explain it.

Endless fuel reserves, its been a 2 1/2 hour flight from Stansted to Shannon so far... I count 22 loops of the hold over Shannon. Mind numbing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I didn't even think about fog, yeah that would explain it.

Endless fuel reserves, its been a 2 1/2 hour flight from Stansted to Shannon so far... I count 22 loops of the hold over Shannon. Mind numbing :D

Ha ha, not when you're calculating fuel remaining all the time :D
    Fog due to lift at 10am local.

Looks like he's handed... 3h08m flight, 26 loops in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looks like he's handed... 3h08m flight, 26 loops in total.
    And who says that Ryanair don't carry a lot of fuel?

Wonder if this will get reported in the DM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Also now holding at SNN is STK31S. 300m at the moment. That said I can't see the trees in my front garden!

http://www.flightradar24.com/STK31S/48d341a

33usu3n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

smurfjed wrote: »
    Wonder if this will get reported in the DM :)

Ryanair pilots 'couldn't see the ground'

900 frightened passengers were trapped onboard their Ryanair flight from New York yesterday as it circled for 22 hours over Shanwick airport - because the pilots couldn't see the ground.

'It was terrifying,' said one passenger, ' never knowing if we would ever land'.

Other passengers expressed concern that they would be irradiated by cosmic rays or that their souls would become detached from their bodies due to the high altitude.

The aircraft finally landed after a headlong descent towards the runway, only arrested by the quick-thinking pilots who deployed the landing gear.

Ryanair declined to comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Arubex, you are a cruel man..... loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

arubex wrote: »
    Ryanair pilots 'couldn't see the ground'

900 frightened passengers were trapped onboard their Ryanair flight from New York yesterday as it circled for 22 hours over Shanwick airport - because the pilots couldn't see the ground.

'It was terrifying,' said one passenger, ' never knowing if we would ever land'.

Other passengers expressed concern that they would be irradiated by cosmic rays or that their souls would become detached from their bodies due to the high altitude.

The aircraft finally landed after a headlong descent towards the runway, only arrested by the quick-thinking pilots who deployed the landing gear.

Ryanair declined to comment.

Sources say a cut in airport funding due to benefit claimants living it up in mansions may have been to blame.

Pilots were also thought to be considering in flight refuelling with a tanker travelling on the SHANNON to Ennis road this idea was dropped after it was discovered the ryanair Airbus A373 couldn't keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lovely surprise this morning in the clear blue sky, A 787 and an A380 over Dublin heading similar routings about 1km horizontal separation. One at 36000 and the other at 39000. I never got a screen grab but majestic to watch the new kids so close and so clear this morning.

Anyone else see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duffer2010

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Lovely surprise this morning in the clear blue sky, A 787 and an A380 over Dublin heading similar routings about 1km horizontal separation. One at 36000 and the other at 39000. I never got a screen grab but majestic to watch the new kids so close and so clear this morning.

Anyone else see them?
    Looks like another BA 380 heading over Dublin now enroute to LA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

sparrowcar wrote: »

Anyone else see them?

What? No photo?

It has been disappointing over the last few weeks here in SE Glasgow with the lack of overflyers. I am beginning to think there is some kind of force field in operation or the routings are now by passing the east of Glasgow!

Duffer2010 wrote: »
    Looks like another BA 380 heading over Dublin now enroute to LA

Caught it.:cool:

15513748731_07e6ac15b1_b.jpgBritish Airways Airbus A380-841 G-XLEA by Shamrock147, on Flickr

BA 747 on its way to Glasgow from Heathrow

http://www.flightradar24.com/SHT6J/48dd882

Apparently the 767 scheduled went tech and BA put the 747 on instead

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

was taxiing behind a 747 today woooooh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

ICE 1510 is new to me, descending towards Dublin?

over the border area now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Mech1 wrote: »
    ICE 1510 is new to me, descending towards Dublin?

over the border area now

Yearly charters for some Christmas shopping. Twice weekly for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duffer2010

He was a lot lower at Flightfest 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

This post has been deleted.

Flight plan shows 47n30w at the mid-point of oceanic airspace - certainly more southerly than normal and the elapsed time in the air, at 6h20m, is a bit longer than this flight has managed on other days recently.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW178

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

indianapolis is the other way
    http://www.flightradar24.com/CLX863/48d8859
    H7iU9zg.jpg

This ones a round trip ;)

Capturesdfwe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Dreamlifter just south of Cork at the moment

http://www.flightradar24.com/GTI4231/48e1da6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Spotted that guy going over too (what an evening for it, an Air France 747 passed over a few minutes before it). My picture was no where near as good though :o. What did you use to get that?

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Spotted that guy going over too (what an evening for it, an Air France 747 passed over a few minutes before it). My picture was no where near as good though :o. What did you use to get that?

Canon 700D and a Canon 100-400L lens, lens was at the full 400mm and cropped a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Canon 700D and a Canon 100-400L lens, lens was at the full 400mm and cropped a bit.

So you are Shamrock147 yeah?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement