Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Looking like it could be getting windy again toniht

Terrible news

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

fr336 wrote: »
    Terrible news

I know :cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Why the holding pattern so close to the approach?

Either too close to the traffic ahead of it, so problems with getting off the runway in time, or (more likely) traffic building up to depart, so they wanted a bigger gap to get them away and make some space at the holding point.

Things get complicated when 16 is the active runway, as there's a lot less space to lose or queue departures, and there's also problems with vacating, the same issue, no nice long taxy ways to lose things on for a while, and it can get even worse if there's traffic pushing from T2 or departing T2, as that can block traffic that's just landed from getting clear of the runway.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Either too close to the traffic ahead of it, so problems with getting off the runway in time, or (more likely) traffic building up to depart, so they wanted a bigger gap to get them away and make some space at the holding point.

Things get complicated when 16 is the active runway, as there's a lot less space to lose or queue departures, and there's also problems with vacating, the same issue, no nice long taxy ways to lose things on for a while, and it can get even worse if there's traffic pushing from T2 or departing T2, as that can block traffic that's just landed from getting clear of the runway.

Brilliant thanks Steve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

• Advertisement

Why the holding pattern so close to the approach?

More than likely when you look at the rest of the track, I'd say it was orbiting for wind. Probably waiting on a slight reduction or change of direction.

Traffic is now often held west of 16 if the ramp is overloaded. Traffic is often vacated right on to runway 28 and exited back on to the Bravo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Pakistan airforce gulfstream heading west over galway

More than likely when you look at the rest of the track, I'd say it was orbiting for wind. Probably waiting on a slight reduction or change of direction.

Traffic is now often held west of 16 if the ramp is overloaded. Traffic is often vacated right on to runway 28 and exited back on to the Bravo's.

Having spent most of Friday evening supervising outdoor special event lighting towers, I can well believe that wind could have been a factor, it was pretty wild in North Meath last night for about an hour, and then eased down some, probably as the front went through.

Using 28 and the Bravo's that's a new one on me, but I have to admit to not being very often when 16 is the active, it makes a lot of sense if they are under pressure.

I'd also guess that DAA are more than happy that 10's getting so much use over the last while, takes some of the pressure (literally) of the 28 end.

Having spent most of Friday evening supervising outdoor special event lighting towers, I can well believe that wind could have been a factor, it was pretty wild in North Meath last night for about an hour, and then eased down some, probably as the front went through.

Using 28 and the Bravo's that's a new one on me, but I have to admit to not being very often when 16 is the active, it makes a lot of sense if they are under pressure.

I'd also guess that DAA are more than happy that 10's getting so much use over the last while, takes some of the pressure (literally) of the 28 end.

A quick look at the TAF indicates it's the wind its swinging from 210-230 degrees which is in and out of limits for 16 and the ATR.

A quick look at the TAF indicates it's the wind its swinging from 210-230 degrees which is in and out of limits for 16 and the ATR.

Ahh, that's the missing factor I don't have, the cross wind limits for the ATR, though I suspect they are lower than some types because of how narrow the gear track is compared to others.

And with that direction, it's no better on 28, oh for the days of 23, though in strong winds, short final in a small aircraft was a pig with that valley just before the threshold :D, even more so if it was being made turbulent by coming over the hangars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

X-wind limit
    30kts dry
    28kts wet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ural airlines u6372 flight over Belarus has declared a 7700. Looking at him he's descended to 17,000 ft and height and speed seems to be fluctuating.

Edit levelled out at 17,000 now. Now squawking normal again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Squawk 7700 . looks like he's diverting.
    TU722 from Tunis to Paris http://fr24.com/TAR722

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Down safely at LYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

EZY22HF LGW - VLC, Squawking 77, looks to be diverting or turning around, not descending just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

About to cross over the country is one of the older 747s knocking around. N715CK of Kalitta air. A 747-200.

G-SUGR on the way into Dublin. currently just passing north of Knock airport.

G-SUGR on the way into Dublin. currently just passing north of Knock airport.

Coming in empty from Bangor.

What's the purpose of its DUB visit?

What's the purpose of its DUB visit?

Positioning to pick up its passengers. Busy till the 21st then an empty flight from Faro to Luton.

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    EZY22HF LGW - VLC, Squawking 77, looks to be diverting or turning around, not descending just yet

Your inbox is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just about to got to bed and this just thunders overhead at about 5k ft. One of the last mid term break flights, the kids on that will be tired for school tomorrow morning!

ddddd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Looks like it.. strange

Looks like it.. strange

Probably maintenance / paint!

Small Cessna type a/c just flew over my estate, very low, guessing around 600ft, maybe lower, with smoke coming from the front of it. Hope all is ok, cant see it anymore, was heading the weston direction

there is a survey Cessna caravan operating low level operating out of weston. it has a device trailing from the aircraft. would that tie in with what you saw?

there is a survey Cessna caravan operating low level operating out of weston. it has a device trailing from the aircraft. would that tie in with what you saw?

Yeah this thing had a yokey mebob on the back of it, would that cause smoke?

that's him but defo should be no visible smoke coming from the caravan engine. reg ZS-FSA . the other one also based at Weston at the moment is ZS-SSA

• Advertisement

It was the little lad who noticed it when coming back from school, only when he said it I looked up and seen it, didn't hear a peep from it either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement