Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

What with the stormy weather expected later tonight, might it be interesting to listen to LiveATC and keep FR24 open? As a relative newbie to LiveATC and FR24 stuff I have no idea what to expect in bad weather. I got excited the other day when one captain informed Dublin Tower, I think it was, that they'd experienced some rough weather on approach over the Irish Sea :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Fabio wrote: »
    What with the stormy weather expected later tonight, might it be interesting to listen to LiveATC and keep FR24 open? As a relative newbie to LiveATC and FR24 stuff I have no idea what to expect in bad weather. I got excited the other day when one captain informed Dublin Tower, I think it was, that they'd experienced some rough weather on approach over the Irish Sea :) .

Well worth it, though don't get your hopes up. When it really kicks off, this thread can go at a post every minute right through the night (and morning) :D This is last St Stephen's day http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057050461&page=32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

fr336 wrote: »

What is this Boxing Day you speak of?:D Some kind of foreign holiday:p

Growler!!! wrote: »
    What is this Boxing Day you speak of?:D Some kind of foreign holiday:p

:eek::eek: I've been outed. I think your version is better...it includes religion for starters :)

Amended accordingly, btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

That's pretty cool, dramatic stuff. I'll do my best to keep an eye open!

• Advertisement

Remember when flights from the US to Ireland were flying over completely and heading to somewhere like LHR instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

:eek::eek: I've been outed. I think your version is better...it includes religion for starters :)

Amended accordingly, btw ;)

Can't have a proper irish holiday without religion:)

Should be an interesting night......

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Can't have a proper irish holiday without religion:)

Should be an interesting night......

Something better happen before midnight, I actually have places to be these days

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

Jungle21 out of RAF lakenheath.....any ideas what it is? just over the irish sea south of RAF vally

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭windowspotter

Something better happen before midnight, I actually have places to be these days

Yeah right ;-)

• Advertisement

Yeah right ;-)

True story, even got a woman now...an air traffic controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭windowspotter

True story, even got a woman now...an air traffic controller.

Makes sense ha ha

Razor44 wrote: »
    Jungle21 out of RAF lakenheath.....any ideas what it is? just over the irish sea south of RAF vally

never mind, it just climbed at 7500ft/min :eek: im guess its a Typhoon from lakenheath

Correction, its a F15E strike eagle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

USAF F-15 according to previous discussions found on Google

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/8047-JUNGLE21-and-SHIFTY41

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

even got a woman now...an air traffic controller.
    Did you get clearance to do that?

USAF F-15 according to previous discussions found on Google

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/8047-JUNGLE21-and-SHIFTY41

he's just been joined by dark61 another F15 Strike Eagle, and panther81....USAF see to be out and about in force this evening.

http://www.flightradar24.com/49e7a34

Air contractors EI-STB out of SNN.

The crosswind for Dublin isn't forecast to be that bad, however, Shannon will have fun. Why did they ever decide to close that 2nd runway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

smurfjed wrote: »
    The crosswind for Dublin isn't forecast to be that bad, however, Shannon will have fun. Why did they ever decide to close that 2nd runway ?

What's the story with the 2nd runway? Was it just cost, reduced need?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

The Dubai Boeing 777 just flew past, landed in Dublin. God, it is an impressive sight even at night

• Advertisement

Four flights between DUB and LHR cancelled by Aer Lingus tomorrow due to request from LHR for airlines to reduce flights in preparation for the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Four flights between DUB and LHR cancelled by Aer Lingus tomorrow due to request from LHR for airlines to reduce flights in preparation for the weather.

Whats going to happen to the passengers? Added to the next flight?

15562752946_3ea565ab34_o.jpg

Has FR24 revealed a new Gulfstream aircraft, the G540? Also interesting to look at the LAT/LONG shown for this aircraft, it certainly shouldn't be displayed over Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

adamski8 wrote: »

Yep or a full refund, mind you we'll all probably be told how its our fault tomorrow and a personal vendetta. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Yep or a full refund, mind you we'll all probably be told how its our fault tomorrow and a personal vendetta. ;)

Its always our fault Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

adamski8 wrote: »

Would they lay on a few runs with an A330 if there is one available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Registered to BLUE SKIES EL 600 in New York

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Anything for Cork fr336? I'm due to be on the Heathrow flight in the morning.

• Advertisement

lfc200 wrote: »
    Anything for Cork fr336? I'm due to be on the Heathrow flight in the morning.

Flight number?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement