Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Looking at ryanair arrivals into cork tonight, have they got two aircraft based in cork? Two flights getting in and not departing till tomorrow, or are they just overnighting in cork?

I think it's at least two they have based there yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

N999MY BOMBARDIER INC CL-600-2B16 CL60 5959 L2J ADF53C BOMBARDIER AEROSPACE CORP

http://www.flightradar24.com/BBA659/4a26922

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://fr24.com/N800ZH
    Is this a very long flight for this type of aircraft? AFAIK it's a Piper PA46R-350T

fr24-query.png

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

G-VNEW crossing over the country at the moment. To cloudy here in Castlebar to see it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

h3000 wrote: »
    http://fr24.com/N800ZH
    Is this a very long flight for this type of aircraft? AFAIK it's a Piper PA46R-350T

fr24-query.png

Its 1900 miles. Not that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Consy90

Us airlines 751 going to make an attempted landing in Brussels after over 5 hours circling. Rudder problems.

owenc wrote: »
    Its 1900 miles. Not that long.

It's about 1700nm, AFAIK that aircraft normally has a range of 1343nm with a 45 minute reserve, it continued on over Manchester the last time looked too.

I'm no expert now just really interested to find out is it a long flight for that type of aircraft..

Consy90 wrote: »
    Us airlines 751 going to make an attempted landing in Brussels after over 5 hours circling. Rudder problems.

that must be a little nerve racking

http://fr24.com/AWE751

Doesn't seem to need any assistance?? No emergency squauk

Doesn't seem to need any assistance?? No emergency squauk
    Good point, I'd still be a little wary though.

• Advertisement

Down safe and well. Can you imagine, that aircraft doesn't have dumping capabilities. Hope they had plenty do drink onboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Currently on descent into knock ,passing Athlone now is a 737-300 for Eirtrade Aviation. reg N375DC. making its last landing this evening.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

h3000 wrote: »
    It's about 1700nm, AFAIK that aircraft normally has a range of 1343nm with a 45 minute reserve, it continued on over Manchester the last time looked too.

I'm no expert now just really interested to find out is it a long flight for that type of aircraft..

If it's gone that far, then it's probably been fitted with some sort of long range tanks to enhance the distance, it's normal range is 1500 max, so to get that far with reserves, it's got some sort of enhanced fuel system, or a massive tail wind behind it.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Down safe and well. Can you imagine, that aircraft doesn't have dumping capabilities. Hope they had plenty do drink onboard :)

Of course they did it was a transatlantic flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Of course they did it was a transatlantic flight.
    Are you saying that the HAD dumping facilities or that they had plenty to drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Can you imagine, that aircraft doesn't have dumping capabilities
    Yep, i can imagine it :) Legally an aircraft must be able to meet approach/climb gradients within 15 minutes of takeoff, if they cant achieve that, they have the option of installing a fuel dump system. So in the case of the 757/767, a lot of them weren't fitted with dumping systems.

Its up to the crew to assess if their problem is worth having to do the subsequent overweight landing inspection.

What is the Air Greenland aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

aircraft down air to air helicopter and plane Frederick county

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'm listening to "Frederick County Airport, Highway, Police, Fire and EMS" using the Scanner Radio Android app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭weisses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

10:30 Just airborne out of Liège is an MD-11 of what sounds like a fake-movie-airline: Western Global Airlines.

http://fr24.com/WGN1010

Apparently they started services in August this year, N435KD was formerly operated by now-defunct World Airways.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,443 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

arubex wrote: »
    10:30 Just airborne out of Liège is an MD-11 of what sounds like a fake-movie-airline: Western Global Airlines.

http://fr24.com/WGN1010

Apparently they started services in August this year, N435KD was formerly operated by now-defunct World Airways.

Apparently they are involved in CDC relief flights to help combat Ebola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A bit strange, there's what looks like a Cessna 172 doing a circuit over Howth which isn't appearing on FR24. .mil perhaps

Ed: looks to have gone off in the city direction now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

tricky D wrote: »
    A bit strange, there's what looks like a Cessna 172 doing a circuit over Howth which isn't appearing on FR24. .mil perhaps

Ed: looks to have gone off in the city direction now.

It was EI-CFY which I think belongs to the National Flight Centre (it used to anyway). Heard it on the live atc feed alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Well, here it comes. Just departing Amsterdam at 14:30 is the last ever westbound trijet passenger service. PH-KCE operating KLM671 to Montreal.

http://fr24.com/KLM671

:(

Actually a quick google search indicates that EI-CFY now has floats so perhaps it was doing some kind of training exercise in the sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Defo no floats unless they camouflage them as regular wheels;) A float plane landing? in Howth would be some sight I would like to see.

tricky D wrote: »
    Defo no floats unless they camouflage them as regular wheels;) A float plane landing? in Howth would be some sight I would like to see.

Ahhh...it's CFP that has floats!

Float landing in Howth would be good to see alright (I've experienced one as a passenger in Sydney some years ago, great fun!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

arubex wrote: »
    Well, here it comes. Just departing Amsterdam at 14:30 is the last ever westbound trijet passenger service. PH-KCE operating KLM671 to Montreal.

http://fr24.com/KLM671

:(

Wow...

:( indeed...

I always loved the look of the big trijets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement