Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

RYR971Y sounds happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Reminds of the Die Hard 2 film when Brucie boy lights up the runway for the 1st plane to land and the others follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

No pressure on 138B!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

138b ''pressure is on us now!"

Controller: Your company traffic just landed; some windshear but nothing you can't handle

RYR138B: (laughs) Fair enough

RYR138B: Putting the pressure on us now

Controller: Indeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Moment of truth for EI67X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

Have you a link so i can hear?

Red_Dwarf wrote: »

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Red_Dwarf wrote: »

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Goodnight folks. Its been fun.

• Advertisement

Second Ryanair on the ground in DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

67X on the ground in SNN

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

FR138B landed.

As did EI67X, in SNN.

FR923G on finals at Prestwick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

fr336 wrote: »
    Controller: Your company traffic just landed; some windshear but nothing you can't handle

RYR138B: (laughs) Fair enough

RYR138B: Putting the pressure on us now

Controller: Indeed

and is down without a bother!

Only the diverted RYR745Q to SNN and RYR923G to Prestwick still to land now I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Michael will be happy with his troops tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Pilots and controllers earned their money tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Dublin Airport ATC.... Regarding Instantaneous Wind Reports To Pilots.
    @ATC: Our display here only shows it averaged over the last two minutes, and we used to be able to select instantaneous, but it's taken away from us.

I'd assume this is because of budget cuts ?. it is causing a lot of problems for the pilots as it seems.

Will those diverted planes take off for Dublin later in the morning or will the passengers be left to fend for themselves?

Will those diverted planes take off for Dublin later in the morning or will the passengers be left to fend for themselves?

You'd hope so. In Ryanair's case all the recent diverts I've seen by them have had pax been brought my coach to their destination airport (if diverted to another Irish airport) or back to the UK and wait to take off again. This was in the daytime though; hopefully they'd do the same in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Those pilots have some balls I'll give them that. I never really considered this part of the job. Kinda thought they just put it on auto pilot and went for a snooze!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Those pilots have some balls I'll give them that. I never really considered this part of the job. Kinda they they just put it on auto pilot and went for a snooze!

This is where they definitely earn their money! Literally lives in their hands. It should never be too serious a situation, but the skill and tenacity of these guys on a daily basis is clearly vital. And it probably is never too serious because of them.

Obviously stressful at the time, but imagine the (admittedly slightly scary) job satisfaction!

You'd hope so. In Ryanair's case all the recent diverts I've seen by them have had pax been brought my coach to their destination airport (if diverted to another Irish airport) or back to the UK and wait to take off again. This was in the daytime though; hopefully they'd do the same in the morning.

The passengers diverted to Prestwick will struggle to find any hotels unless they are bussed into Glasgow city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

The passengers diverted to Prestwick will struggle to find any hotels unless they are bussed into Glasgow city centre

They'll probably have to kip in the airport. . . .and wait for a flight tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They could have some serious craic talking to the passengers on the intercom.

"Well lads as I'm sure you know, its windy as f*ck down there! But sure I'm gonna give it a lash anyway, hold onto your hats!"

They could have some serious craic talking to the passengers on the intercom.

"Well lads as I'm sure you know, its windy as f*ck down there! But sure I'm gonna give it a lash anyway, hold onto your hats!"

"Well at the moment we're in hold with a BA and an Aer lingus, but there's an Aer Arrann on the horizon and if he thinks he's getting in while I'm stuck up here he's got another thing coming"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Those pilots have some balls I'll give them that. I never really considered this part of the job. Kinda thought they just put it on auto pilot and went for a snooze!

Glad you have realised that they are more than just "glorified bus drivers" as the messiah Micheal O'Leary has implied on many occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Our friends over in the "Weather" forum reported all all time low pressure of 931 mb up around Mayo/Roscommon.

This storm is making its mark tonight :eek:

"Well at the moment we're in hold with a BA and an Aer lingus, but there's an Aer Arrann on the horizon and if he thinks he's getting in while I'm stuck up here he's got another thing coming"

*10 mins later*

"Son of a-!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

745Q on the ground in SNN

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement