Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Pulling up to go for approach on 10

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

Changed runway choice at last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ah those poor pax :( (And crew obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Rescues 3, 5 , 7, 9 on the move down the taxiway

Smoke, no flame, it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Thinking about another missed approach.

keith16 wrote: »
    Thinking about another missed approach.

I think that was just incase of another one being necessary.

Normal landing anticipated

Is it just me or are they still too high

On the ground speed 38kt

• Advertisement

United on the ground and able to taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

fr336 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are they still too high

I thought that too but they're down safely (so I'm guessing that it was a blip on Fr24)

peter1892 wrote: »
    I thought that too but they're down safely (so I'm guessing that it was a blip on Fr24)

Yeah definitely, it dropped to 0ft like a stone :eek:

That's the first emergency I've been nervous about for some reason.

There were smoke and fumes in the cockpit or cabin.

tricky D wrote: »
    Rescues 3, 5 , 7, 9 on the move down the taxiway

Smoke in cockpit they'll be on oxygen masks.

Emirates 777-300 landed on 16 earlier it's plenty long enough and wider than 10.

Shamrock would merely be saying it he holds for a while he will have to divert.

Emergency code won't be necessary as all Dublin controllers will be sitting near each other and aware of situation.

Yeah definitely, it dropped to 0ft like a stone :eek:

That's the first emergency I've been nervous about for some reason.

Yeah, was a bit nervy myself. She didn't exactly sound calm. Dodgy aswell with a go around.

There were smoke and fumes in the cockpit or cabin.

Cockpit and cabin I heard. Seems to be loads going into the hold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Crazy how big DUB is now at how affected the operation becomes relatively quickly, look at the holds and que on the ground.

Now to clear the backlogs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

peter1892 wrote: »
    UAL925 (LHR-IAD) - diverting to DUB

http://fr24.com/UAL925

Interesting approach too, looks like they were coming in for 16, and went around for radar vectors to 10, and there's a serious number of DAA rescue units around it at the moment as well. Anyone got any details on what's happening?

Update, just seen the other messages since I went to watch it. Will be getting some attention by the look of it.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Interesting approach too, looks like they were coming in for 16, and went around for radar vectors to 10, and there's a serious number of DAA rescue units around it at the moment as well. Anyone got any details on what's happening?

I think the runway switch was them just changing their mind rather than something going awry, could be wrong.

Rescue vehicles were following it to the gate 5 mins ago and heard nothing since so I presume all is well.

• Advertisement

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Crazy how big DUB is now at how affected the operation becomes relatively quickly, look at the holds and que on the ground.

I wonder if that's the one runway affect, emergency on one and mixed mode on the other.

I wonder if that's the one runway affect, emergency on one and mixed mode on the other.

Must be!

This tweet made me chuckle, expecting the next one to go along the lines of ''RTE News is delighted to announce the boarding of United 925 to Paradise''

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/530426273739599874

keith16 wrote: »
    She didn't exactly sound calm. Dodgy aswell with a go around.

Understandable to an extent between the muffled voice, smoke and checklists. Think the runway change was more preference subsequent to chatter with the Shamrock holding who inquired about 10 availablity.

Understandable to an extent between the muffled voice, smoke and checklists. Think the runway change was more preference subsequent to chatter with the Shamrock holding who inquired about 10 availablity.

Yeah I wouldn't say she wasn't calm at all really, it was just a reflection of the situation adding up you might say.

Totally understandable. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't hysterical either. Glad all is ok.

Traffic at DUB now resembles the Red Cow circa 2008. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

She didn't exactly sound calm
    Remember that in the USA you do not find 250 hour pilots in the right seat of airlines, so I thought that she sounded like a highly trained professional doing her job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

The B74S approaching the Cork coastline from the southeast is Boeing 747sp HZ-HM1B....if only it was a bright summers evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It will come back in daylight, so who knows, the winds might bring it back over Cork :)

• Advertisement

Piaggio P180 Avanti [DINKY] on the way in off Bray http://www.flightradar24.com/XGO3DW/4c062aa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement