Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

tricky D wrote: »
    Piaggio P180 Avanti [DINKY] on the way in off Bray http://www.flightradar24.com/XGO3DW/4c062aa

Unmistakeable sound coming over Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just to put the concept of an aircraft fire into perspective,this was from the UPS B744 crash in Dubai.
    15:20[07]:Crew Oxygen System Anomalies – Captain and First Officer
    At approximately 15:20, during the emergency descent at around 21,000ft cabin pressure altitude, the Captain made a comment concerning the high temperature in the cockpit. This was followed almost immediately by the rapid onset of the failure of the Captain’s oxygen supply27.

15:22[09]:Pilot Incapacitation - Captain
    Based on the pathological information, the Captain lost consciousness due to toxic poisoning.

Thats 2 minutes !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Just north of Cardiff heading west and I'd say headed for SNN is Spicejet B738 VT-SZC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

tricky D wrote: »
    Piaggio P180 Avanti [DINKY] on the way in off Bray http://www.flightradar24.com/XGO3DW/4c062aa

Just heard it heading back out, weird sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 driveshaft

There goes the Piaggio out of Dublin!
    Unbelievable sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

The Gulfstream 3 off the coast of Northern Ireland heading east is NASA's N992NA.

de biz wrote: »
    The Gulfstream 3 off the coast of Northern Ireland heading east is NASA's N992NA.

Astronauts returning from the ISS on Sunday. Probably positioning out to Kazakhstan to pick up the American crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

due to a change of runway at Dublin in the past 45 minutes 3 Ryanair flights have diverted to Shannon. the regular stobart air from BHX now also on finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

What's going on there? All the others bar the 3 FR's held and then landed as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

due to a change of runway at Dublin in the past 45 minutes 3 Ryanair flights have diverted to Shannon.

Why would a runway change cause three FR diversions? Fuel? Not trying to be sensationalist but what other possible reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Those three FR's are due in from Shannon after midnight....

The Lufthansa seemed primed for Shannon too but got in.

I would say defo fuel, they didn't even bother to enter to hold. once a slight delay was mentioned they were off to Shannon. perhaps strong headwinds tonight en route to DUB so not much time to go into the hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

FR55 airborne out of SNN.

Manchester flight now en route back to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

FR55 made some noise going over my house in South Dublin. Anyone know what flight level it was at then? Forgot to check a the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Luxair out of DUB on way to..erm..Luxembourg.

http://www.flightradar24.com/LGL4886/4c1e089

Reg: LX-LGV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

fr336 wrote: »
    Luxair out of DUB on way to..erm..Luxembourg.

http://www.flightradar24.com/LGL4886/4c1e089

Reg: LX-LGV

Minus 4 bags... Oops

Aphex wrote: »
    Minus 4 bags... Oops

Haha how?

• Advertisement

Haha how?

I'm guessing a problem with check-in or they fell off the system because I never received them. Gonna be some angry passengers in Luxembourg soon.

I'm guessing a problem with check-in or they fell off the system because I never received them. Gonna be some angry passengers in Luxembourg soon.

Is that a regular at DUB? Never seen it before myself.

Hope you're keeping well!

Is that a regular at DUB? Never seen it before myself.

Hope you're keeping well!

Yeah, comes in at least once a week. First time I've seen the 737 though, it's usually one of the smaller prop planes.

Doing great man, thanks. Same to you.

I'll give you a pm later. We'll probably get into trouble for waffling in here haha.

Yeah, comes in at least once a week. First time I've seen the 737 though, it's usually one of the smaller prop planes.

Doing great man, thanks. Same to you.

I'll give you a pm later. We'll probably get into trouble for waffling in here haha.

I'm more concerned about you waffling while at work ;) I'm guessing you're on lunch or finished though :p Well actually no not guessing...it's a fact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Another new Ryanair 737 about to land into Dublin?

Oops! wrote: »
    Another new Ryanair 737 about to land into Dublin?

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Mc manus just flew past me leaving Leopardstown and heading home I guess.
    Must be great to be able to hope around the country like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

jimbis wrote: »
    Mc manus just flew past me leaving Leopardstown and heading home I guess.
    Must be great to be able to hope around the country like that.

Whether he was onboard or not I don't know but the chopper flew from central London to Shannon this morning :eek:

Yeah, comes in at least once a week. First time I've seen the 737 though

The Luxair or the Luxair 737, Luxair is daily and yesterday's flight was an ERJ145 but you're correct it's usually a Q400. Last time I saw one of their 73's It came in from Munster.

• Advertisement

I meant that the Luxair flight comes in once a week at least (just guessing). I am rarely assigned to that flight, so I wasn't too sure of the frequency of visits. Off topic, but, why would they send the 737, considering that there were only 39 bags going out? (Well, 35 in the end... )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement