Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

745Q on the ground in SNN. That's all for the night.

As usual big thanks to the guys up there for keeping everybody safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lads how is SNN any better than Dub ?
    Surely its wilder on the west coast no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Any idea of first flight times in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Fair play to the ryanair pilots after landing in shannon just now,they said the last 1000 feet were very rough.I am not too far from the airport and its got very bad out the last 20 mins

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

MadYaker wrote: »
    They could have some serious craic talking to the passengers on the intercom.

"Well lads as I'm sure you know, its windy as f*ck down there! But sure I'm gonna give it a lash anyway, hold onto your hats!"

Don't worry there will still be >2-3 idiots on each flight giving out that the pilot are fools, and that the weather was fine according to the app on their phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

GLF5 showing just as a gulfstream 5 jet, do they not use codes like commercial aircraft if its private?
    It's crossing Northern Ireland now, I'm imagining a businessman smoking cigars oblivious to the storm as its up so high!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Tenger wrote: »
    Don't worry there will still be >2-3 idiots on each flight giving out that the pilot are fools, and that the weather was fine according to the app on their phone.

Yeah I have no time for those morons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

RobAMerc wrote: »
    lads how is SNN any better than Dub ?
    Surely its wilder on the west coat no ?

This may make more sense to you than I but 67X said rough approach but no wind shear advisory. 745Q said very rough last 1000ft.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Mech1 wrote: »
    Any idea of first flight times in the morning?

05:15 EI from New York but currently estimated 04:24

bladebrew wrote: »
    GLF5 showing just as a gulfstream 5 jet, do they not use codes like commercial aircraft if its private?
    It's crossing Northern Ireland now, I'm imagining a businessman smoking cigars oblivious to the storm as its up so high!

Reckon he's flying it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Seems like we'r done for the night, haven't spend so much time watching flightradar in a while now.
    Good night all if you'll be able to sleep due to the winds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

fr336 wrote: »
    Reckon he's flying it? :D

He's gone off Flightradar there - Hope he's alright!

He's gone off Flightradar there - Hope he's alright!

Probably fallen out of fr24 range..even the big jets do a while off out the west coast

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Seems like we'r done for the night, haven't spend so much time watching flightradar in a while now.
    Good night all if you'll be able to sleep due to the winds :)

Might not be done yet! I've got a mate on FR119 which diverted to Liverpool. The pilot is refuelling at the moment to come back to DUB.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Might not be done yet! I've got a mate on FR119 which diverted to Liverpool. The pilot is refuelling at the moment to come back to DUB.

:D:D I find this stuff more entertaining than I should..:o

Good ol' FR.

He's heard the news of the other two. . .determined to make it a FR hat trick.

;)

Have they been kept on the runway all the time or disembarked? I don't like people being left on the runway for sustained amounts..and just why do Italy refuse refuelling with passengers on board? But slightly off topic..!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Have they been kept on the runway all the time or disembarked? I don't like people being left on the runway for sustained amounts..and just why do Italy refuse refuelling with passengers on board? But slightly off topic..!

Italian Aviation regulations, they say its unsafe to do it, very stubborn group to deal with

Apparently some people wouldn't fly back tonight and demanded to disembark. Everyone who's flying back is staying on the plane.

billie1b wrote: »
    Italian Aviation regulations, they say its unsafe to do it, very stubborn group to deal with

Now being ridiculously overcautious, personally I could be with the Italians :D But I'm sure I'm being silly

• Advertisement

Apparently some people wouldn't fly back tonight and demanded to disembark. Everyone who's flying back is staying on the plane.

Will be interesting to see whether we suddenly see more planes from Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham spring up!

Are they definitely going to take off from Liverpool?

These things can take a silly amount of time - I'd say it's likely :D

That seems to be the plan at the moment anyway. They've also offered hotels to anyone who wants to stay in Liverpool. According to my mate around one third of the passengers are staying put.

That seems to be the plan at the moment anyway. They've also offered hotels to anyone who wants to stay in Liverpool. According to my mate around one third of the passengers are staying put.

MOL won't wear this! :eek::P

MOL won't wear this! :eek::P

I know! I was shocked when I heard it!

I know! I was shocked when I heard it!

FR are definitely making the effort of late. It's funny because all the crews and many of the other staff probably wanted to be nice all along :P

FR are definitely making the effort of late. It's funny because all the crews and many of the other staff probably wanted to be nice all along :P

Don't be surprised if MOL turns up dressed as a cloud to greet them all when they arrive . . .complete with smiles and semi-naked women.

Presuming this LPL does as RYR are saying, just why does it always seem to take a large amount of time after diverting like this to get moving again? I mean obviously at present neither LPL or DUB are even busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's a Bristol one en route MAN now as well, from somewhere in the Middle East by the loks of it...

EDIT - Make that EMA

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement